Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any reason to think the blue Tobeco would be any different then any of the others, my three Tobecos are still flawless.
Thanks. Yeah, just wasn't sure. I was reading about the Tobeco Velocity clone (I think, could've been a different atty) where people were saying the black version had certain problems, while others who had the plain SS version reported no problems. Just wanted to make sure it was up to par with the other versions and that there wasn't a reason I have not heard about anyone actually using the blue one. I understand that all purchases are a "crap shoot", I will be ordering a couple tomorrow so we'll see.

Reactions: TrollDragon

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I've given up on elev8 vapor. They still haven't answered any if my emails or phone messages about the lemon KFv4 clone they sold me. Oh well, I'll use the parts that work as spares.

That the Kingtu you had ordered? Whats wrong with it? I had similar problems with them, won't buy again, they came through in the end, but it took constant emails, and quite some time for them to do so. The Kingtu Square R I have is pretty decent.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I have a Kayfun 6 and need spare o rings. Aside from Fastech does anyone know where I can get them. Specifically, I need an extremely small clear one for the top-fill part. Apparently it fell out and I didn't notice so now I am leaking. Pls help, thanks.
I'm going to assume the spares bag doesn't have what you need. I would start by either trying one from a v4 (5mm x 1.5mm), or a KF Lite Plus (4.5mm x 1.5mm) or just measure the chimney OD and the width of the channel the O-ring fits in, then order some from your favorite vendor. Remember, O-rings are sized by their ID and thickness.
ETA Tell you what- if you give me a measurement of the chimney OD, I'll compare that to the Kayfuns (and other attys if need be) I have on hand to give you an idea of what should fit.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
That the Kingtu you had ordered? Whats wrong with it? I had similar problems with them, won't buy again, they came through in the end, but it took constant emails, and quite some time for them to do so. The Kingtu Square R I have is pretty decent.
It's a Tobeco clone. The Kingtu will be here tomorrow.

The #18 o-ring was not installed by the factory. The UHMW ring separating the flow control from the divot ring is undersized. The bottom ring/flow control is not machined to the right dimension and scrapes on the divot ring badly. I can trim that piece on my lathe but was waiting to see if elev8 would do the right thing.

I think it was made on a Friday

Last edited:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
I just bought one of these for $14.95 Cdn. Is there a link to all the fixes that need to be done? It will be my first V4 so I have no idea what it will be like. If I need any replacement parts, I will pick them up from FT. Guess I should have paid $10 more for the Tobeco.

Hey Ian, assuming you have the EHPro (you don't say specifically), where is it available at that price? Regarding all the fix's needed, I can only speak to my own 2 and they're already stated in post # 4337
Once sorted out, they are really good clones from a quality of material and performance stand point.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Boden, sorry to hear the Kingtu turned out to be junk. Will you return it or what?
I was really disappointed with the amount of work required on the EHPro versions but at least the materials and treading are top notch.

Lesson learned, tobeco is the way to go with any future orders, even though there's a few rotten apples in that barrel too. At least you got your's replaced by one without issues I hope?

Kingtu clone is junk

The casting is pitted, the orings are rubber band soft, the threading is terrible with some threading showing tear out.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Boden, sorry to hear the Kingtu turned out to be junk. Will you return it or what?
I was really disappointed with the amount of work required on the EHPro versions but at least the materials and treading are top notch.

Lesson learned, tobeco is the way to go with any future orders, even though there's a few rotten apples in that barrel too. At least you got your's replaced by one without issues I hope?
It's not worth the hassle to return it.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Hey Ian, assuming you have the EHPro (you don't say specifically), where is it available at that price? Regarding all the fix's needed, I can only speak to my own 2 and they're already stated in post # 4337
Once sorted out, they are really good clones from a quality of material and performance stand point.
I bought it at Canvape. It is an EHPro. I got the unit and had nothing but issues with ohm fluctuation. I tried reversing the airflow screw but did not fix it so it would not move. Something happened and it seized up on me. I cannot get the evaporator off the base. I am a big fan of the EHPro KFL+ but this one is living up to the issues that others have talked about. Not giving up on the V4 just yet as I have ordered an Infinite model from FT. Will see how that goes.

Reactions: juicynoos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread