Tanks beads!!? Experience etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrn_vapesxo

Aug 3, 2015
image.jpg
So obv I'm a lady I like my accessories and want to put some finishing touches to
My vape :) I've been looking around for different things and I came upon tank beads!!? They look so cute diff pattern color etc and they state you put them in your tank for really no more than the cute factor but are they safe to put in there will it ruin your tank or any other problems anyone has had that have tried them out or just your general thought thanks guys! :)

Reactions: DergBerg

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I would advise against inserting anything into your tank if possible. They claim safety, but depending on what the beads are made out of, you may be setting yourself up for some nasty stuff leeching into your juice. Some of those look to be made out of polymer clay, which is not something I would want submerged in my juice. :shock: There are lots of charms/wraps/decorative items available that will give you a bit of flair without the dangers of leeching into your juice!

Lawrn_vapesxo

Aug 3, 2015
:lol::lol::lol:
I would advise against inserting anything into your tank if possible. They claim safety, but depending on what the beads are made out of, you may be setting yourself up for some nasty stuff leeching into your juice. Some of those look to be made out of polymer clay, which is not something I would want submerged in my juice. :shock: There are lots of charms/wraps/decorative items available that will give you a bit of flair without the dangers of leeching into your juice!
That was my initial thought about them these ones were made out of glass I was looking at but I don't think I want to take the risk : x

Reactions: DergBerg

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
:lol::lol::lol:
That was my initial thought about them these ones were made out of glass I was looking at but I don't think I want to take the risk : x

They certainly are neat! hahaha, I would put them in this tank and paint a lil clown fish on the side! ;) BUT, I would honestly be more comfortable adding food coloring to my juice if I wanted to make my tank look extra cool. That being said, I don't own a single tank! :eek:

The tank: Holy Land Mods

Reactions: Lawrn_vapesxo

Lawrn_vapesxo

Aug 3, 2015
@Lawrn_vapesxo , have you thought about getting some custom glass tanks?
kanger-subtanks.jpg

Or maybe some pretty juice bottles?
bottles.jpg

They're not terribly cheap, but not too expensive either. I've ordered a few of the bottles for myself and my wife. They're gorgeous, and they'll do pretty much any design you want.
Wow these are nice thanks I'll def have to grab a few

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I've found them hard to get into tanks. I've tried glass beads, but in the fews tanks you can actually see them in, they sink to the bottom and just stick there.

FYI - if you want to try charms, look up "Murrini Slices" and skip the middleman. Just make sure you get the smallest ones you can.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Totally. I was just asking the man if he thought jeweler's epoxy would be safe. I'm a beader, so beads and bling are my heart song.

Honestly, I haven't attached crystals except temporarily with the sticky backs they come with. If it was an eGo, or some other mod I didn't care about damaging, I wouldn't worry about it. Jeweler's epoxy is very kind. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread