Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They are WONDERFUL! I still can't believe how much I like it and how much more flavor and vapor I get with it. ...

I have to echo AllElseFailed sentiments.

I stumbled onto the GS Air MS by chance. I was looking for a 19mm tank that would be Decent enough to use as an Out-n-About tank.

I Didn't have a very High Hope that a $10 Tank would work Very Well. But if it Didn't Leak. And if was Decent, that would be OK.

Boy was I Wrong.

These GS tanks / Heads have Far Exceeded my Expectations.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I got sucked into thinking it would be amazing.... waste of $24.00! Granted it may be because I possibly got a defective one which is kinda my luck. That being said I would rather be out the $8.49 I just paid for a GS Air than the actual $24.00 I am out.
ever figure out your GS leak issue? Sorry if you answered this already.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It was a nice surprise for a $10 or less tank...I was expecting very little too. :lol:

You got that Right.

A $10 Tank and Heads that can be Rebuilt if a person wants to. Or Replaced at about 2 Bucks a piece if they Don't.

Aint see'n much worng with this Picture.

:D

firefly0434

May 10, 2013
Newark OH
ever figure out your GS leak issue? Sorry if you answered this already.
No I sure didn't.... I took it apart, looked it over really well, filled it back up and set it in a cup came back 10 minutes later and all the juice had leaked out the air control hole...... I gave up the fight before I wasted any more juice.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No I sure didn't.... I took it apart, looked it over really well, filled it back up and set it in a cup came back 10 minutes later and all the juice had leaked out the air control hole...... I gave up the fight before I wasted any more juice.

If a Tank Leaked that Fast, I would think that a Seal is Missing or Something Major was Machined Wrong.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
If it emptied the entire tank, bad o ring on bottom of coil....
Emptied to top of coil, bad silicon gasket on top of coil...
In between it's a hell-if-I-know...:lol:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
bottom of the coil?

I was thinking maybe the Seal on the Head was bad?

gs-air-atomizer-head-600x600.jpg

If the Black O-Ring in this picture (yours might be White or Blue) was Bad or Missing, that would allow the e-Liquid to Drain out of the Tank.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Could be some crap in the threads where the coil screws in, not allowing it to seal properly. Just pulling that out of the air.

Another thing I just thought of...

What would happen if there was a Hole or the Entire wicking sleeve that goes around the Coil was Missing?

Reactions: Oregon Linda

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I have 6 Nautilus Mini's. The big thing about them was: They were the best tank I've ever tried until they started playing around with the coils. What I really like on them is that they are built very well and I love the premium glass but, like I said, they ruined it by updating the coils. :facepalm:
At least I wasn't buying all of them at full price. For Most of them, I had coupons. Stumbled on 'Airs after using the Nauti's for about 3 months and never went back until today. I found a coil and figured I might as well use it. I've been vaping it all day and it's fine for most part until it starts to flood (from the bigger holes they shouldn't have put in). Other than that, the newer coils don't last too long either.
Probably be back to the M by tomorrow. :)

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Another thing I just thought of...

What would happen if there was a Hole or the Entire wicking sleeve that goes around the Coil was Missing?
Two different coils. Has to be something with the tank. Well, almost certainly, anyhow...

If you have another base to try, try it with that tank. See if it still leaks. That at least identifies something in the base as the culprit. I'm thinking your issue lies there. From there, you can continue troubleshooting.

It could be as simple as the threads being stripped just a tad and allowing juice to seep through.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Defender II 50 watt — First impressions.

Size and weight compared to iStick 30w: (measuring devices are naked eye and left hand). Thickness nearly identical, width-Defender ~5% wider and 5% taller. Weight- nearly the same.

Fit and Finish: Very nice.
Ergonomics: Excellent. With the thirty istick, I tended to put the thumb of my average size hand on top of the mod. With the Def., it sits above the fire button, on the stainless/chromed top piece.
Mfr. quality: No button rattle. (Why do none of my mods come with button rattle? I feel cheated.)
Another reviewer I respect noted that the GS Air sits a large hair's width above the mod. It do! As it must. The iStick has depressed channels going under the tank base. The Def. has a nippled depression either side of the tank. Air flow is through the depressed tray and also from the sides. Not a brilliant design decision, but functional.
On a scale of one to a hundred, this is about a 0.23 issue.
Controls: Intuitive (like the istick, and marginally better than most Innokin mods, IMNSHO).
Display: When you turn it on, you see "DEFENDER" in big, white letters, just to remind you that you have not electrocuted a BLT. When you turn it off, it displays, "Goodbye"
in a typeface reminiscent of a 1950s Good Humor popsicle wrapper. Main display items are easy to read, and larger than their iStick 30 equivalents.
Sundry scandalous items: user manual is about the size of an obese dollar bill. Has everything you need to know, in arcane English. Packaging is a clear plastic box, unlike the usual white coated paper cardboard we have grown (groan?) to expect from Chinese e-gear vendors.
Curious Quirk — Just changed from a GS Air to an M, while charging with the mini USB cable.
This disturbance to the cosmic force field caused the display to change from watts to volts.
My cat stretched and yawned. Pressed the big button three times to change it back. Remind me to send Thomas Edison a note about this.

Edited to add--- Tactile. Nice, smooth finish, but not slippery like the iStick, so I don't think it will need a sillycone cover. A positive.
Personal prejudices and opinions: It just works! Good size and feel for my hand. Appears well made. Hasn't autofired, burped, or been flatulent. Guess it likes me, but people say I'm 'good with animals'. Why, you ask, did I get a 50w battery when I rarely cruise above 10w? Longevity, my Dears!
Also: Replaceable battery is, for me, a GOOD THING. My iStick will probably die, (pass away, cross over, meet their Maker, start a worm farm, et c., if you prefer euphemisms.) in another eight to ten months, and contribute to our collective landfill issues. When the battery on the Def. bites the dust, croaks, breathes its last, I'll take a shiny copper penny from your my pocket, open the battery compartment, and replace the dearly departed.

Thanks for reading. All opinions expressed here are unprotected by copyright law, and do not necessarily represent the theological leanings of this forum. Your kilometraje pueda resultar bien distinta.

WELL DONE, my Fumadorian friend!

and hi hi hi, Air Heads. :D

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
It drained the entire tank on both the coils I had. So I am not sure
I got sucked into thinking it would be amazing.... waste of $24.00! Granted it may be because I possibly got a defective one which is kinda my luck. That being said I would rather be out the $8.49 I just paid for a GS Air than the actual $24.00 I am out.

I'm confused. Was it a Nautilus or a GS Air that leaked? If it was a GS Air (not an M or Ms), I can send you a base with the afc screw. I cracked the tank glass, but kept the base as a spare. Yours for the asking.

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
OK, you are all on my 'Thank You' list! I've have had my GS-M now for 4 days and I love it!! Never got into the Nautilus craze 'cause I was happy with my Aspire tanks. Now, between those and the GS-M (which I intend to get a few more of when my vape budget is in better shape - a/c went out and that cost some serious $$) I will be a happy camper. Just two types of tanks, two types of coils----yep, that's a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread