Not open for further replies.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Hello and welcome,

That's a very subjective question and you're going to get a lot of different answers, but really any drip atomizer is going to give you the most and purest flavor than a tank. I have 3 or 4 brands of those and they all work well and pretty much the same. There are different airflow patterns and top cap designs which will affect flavor. Just a matter of preference.

Reactions: Debangstix

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
My personal favorites for flavor are the Hobo and the Derringer (both of these are three post designs). I've also heard really good things about the Stumpy. Also, the Magma is a really great flavor atty. Stumpy and Magma are two post designs. No matter which you choose, you will definitely be happy with the flavor out of any of these. For me, the key to great flavor is a small chamber with decent airflow. It also helps if the airflow is adjustable so that you can dial it in to your liking.

Reactions: Denvap0r

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Marquis, Veritas and Origen (all versions) are great flavor atties. The Marquis is the easier of them to build, but all are cake walks after building them again and again, the vertical coil arrangment can be tricky at first.

Hellfire atties are known for their flavor but they are pricey and not as easy to acquire. (never had one, but definatly on my want list)

Lots report the darringer as a flavor atty, my experience was it is a middle ground atty. Not great clouds but good production, not great flavor but better then the fog machines.

Atomic is a middle ground atty that leans toward the flavor side.

That is if your going to be rebuilding.

Only RTAs that I liked was the orchid and no Golin Mini. I find these to are middle ground atties.

The newish Sub ohm clearomizers for me are all middle ground.

Then there are the gennies. have a couple that I will build and mess with, only recently have gotten a wick that can feeds enough for me. The ss steel wicks taste different. The one that I like is the Origen Gennisis

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
We all may be confusing you with the term "atomizer". Atomizer is a general term meaning the heating coil part in any juice delivery attachment.

It also can mean a drip atomizer. There are two catagories of drip atomizers:

atomizer-3_zpsb9f3eb17.jpg

A "510 drip atomizer" is a disposable factory-made juice attachment which you can drip with. It's a lot like a cartomizer, but it contains no wick material, just a heating coil. Therefore you can't put more than a few drops of e-liquid in it or it will flood the coil. These provide great flavor because there is no wick to "taint" the flavor. These can last 2 - 3 months before needing replacement. Dry burn (pulse fire) the coil whenever the coil gets crusted with juice crud, or soak it in vodka or boil it in water. These are relatively inexpensive: around $7 - $20.

proxy.php

A "rebuildable drip atomizer" requires that you be able to build your own wire coils and wick. These are generally used by more advanced vapers. Again, the coils are dry burned when needed and can last for several weeks with maintenance. Cotton wick can be made from cotton balls and will need changing every few days. More expensive than a 510 dripper initially, but in the long run a better deal for the money. Cotton and wire is cheap. Plus you don't have to rely on the sometimes inconsistant build quality of factory made attachments.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread