Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's not a Smowell, it's an Oh Well!

So, Zoid, are you using the istick in TC mode with your Ti wire? ~100 degrees F below Ni200?

An "Oh Well". Love it. :lol:

I did a Build with Ti for a Subtank but the build came kinda High Ohm Wise. About .42 Ohms. And the Results were So-So. I have heard others mention that the iStick TC seems to like Lower Builds. More in the .25 Ohm or lower. Seemed like I had to Run the Temperature Higher than I normally would with a Ti Build.

I then did a .18 Ohm build with Ni200. It seemed to work Better. Once again, I seemed to be running the Temp Higher than I would for Ni200.

But I only can Compare things to One Other TC Mod. A Kangxin VF Mini.

So I have decided to wait for the GS-tank that is supposed to Arrive next week before I pass any Judgment on how well the TC works. The GS-tank comes with .15 Ohms Ni200 heads.

---

Did you receive an Envelope with Wire in it Yesterday?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Picked up three little bitty mods under $100 this week. An iStick TC40W, an EHPRO SPD A5, and a 30 Watt JoyeTech eGrip OLED.

In fact, I snagged all 3 for less than $100!

Cool.

Be sure to come back and say how you like your EHPRO SPD A5.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Cool.

Be sure to come back and say how you like your EHPRO SPD A5.
After just over 2 full days of use, I'm liking it. It's lightish, feels durable, and kinda grippy. The TC function appears to be spot on... I built a .25 ohm Ni200 coil in my Lemo and set it to 450 and vaped through 2 tanks with no issues at all. The screen is a beaut! Big and very bright. The battery door is different, but works fine. The buttons are plastic, but there's no shake. It powers all the way off after 15 minutes idle, so occasionally, I'll take a pull and nothing's there, but the battery life is improved, so..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
After just over 2 full days of use, I'm liking it. It's lightish, feels durable, and kinda grippy. The TC function appears to be spot on... I built a .25 ohm Ni200 coil in my Lemo and set it to 450 and vaped through 2 tanks with no issues at all. The screen is a beaut! Big and very bright. The battery door is different, but works fine. The buttons are plastic, but there's no shake. It powers all the way off after 15 minutes idle, so occasionally, I'll take a pull and nothing's there, but the battery life is improved, so..

Sounds like a Nice Mod.

Where did you get it?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
And I'll be curious as to your thoughts on the eGrip, Shawn. :)
I've only had the eGrip for about 5 hours. Enough time to vape a full 3.6 ml.

It ships as a 20 W device. From a powered off state, clicking the power button 30 times upgrades the firmware to 30 W. Woot!

Mine has the older CS base. Bummer. The newer CL base will take the old CS heads as well as the new CL (eGo ONE) heads. No worries, though... I ordered the RBA base.

The draw is a little tight... even with the screw open all the way (and dropped and forever lost). It's definitely a tootle-puffer mod. Fortunately, I switch hit!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The newer CL base will take the old CS heads as well as the new CL (eGo ONE) heads. No worries, though... I ordered the RBA base.

Try Eleaf GS Air coils in your e-Grip. Cheaper and better. :)

Enjoy!

pmar4015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Long Island, NY
I am thoroughly confused.

Joyetech's own Facebook page states that there are two distinct Egrip models (CS & CL) with each model being compatible solely with their respective atomizer head (ie. The CS or CL).

In other words, the CS version of the Egrip is NOT compatible with the CL head and vice-versa.

Yet the description for the Sweet Vapes Egrip CL states that in fact the CL version is in fact compatible with both the CS & CL atomizer heads.

Can anyone please clarify?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st..._=top_level_post_id.481188972038677&__tn__=*s

Joyetech eGrip OLED CL (V3)

Reactions: aikanae1

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Shawn...thanx for your thoughts on the other two..

Any early thoughts on your TC40W iStick???
Loving it. It's got most of the shape of the iStick 30, the power (almost) of the DNA 40, and the price of the iStick mini.

What's not to love?

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I am thoroughly confused.

Joyetech's own Facebook page states that there are two distinct Egrip models (CS & CL) with each model being compatible solely with their respective atomizer head (ie. The CS or CL).

In other words, the CS version of the Egrip is NOT compatible with the CL head and vice-versa.

Yet the description for the Sweet Vapes Egrip CL states that in fact the CL version is in fact compatible with both the CS & CL atomizer heads.

Can anyone please clarify?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=481188972038677&substory_index=0&id=144362789054632&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.481188972038677&__tn__=*s

Joyetech eGrip OLED CL (V3)
The eGrip OLED CS and eGrip OLED CL are identical EXCEPT for the removable base. By compatible, I'm guessing they mean you can buy the CS base (not included with the CL kit) and use CS heads as you please.

Honestly, you're probably better off with the 1.0 ohm Ego One CL heads... they're solid and last a long time. An advantage to the CL base is that you can also buy the CL-R heads and rebuild your own coils without the need for a separate base.

The eGrip will fire fine down to 0.5 ohms, too, so if you want to use the 0.5 ohm CL or CL-R coils, you can. Be aware that the eGrip airflow is nowhere near what the Ego One offers, so while they'll work, you won't be able to ramp the wattage up really high. It's a 30 watt VW mod, though, so it should be fine. The CL base certainly gives you options for coils. You can always buy a replacement CS base later if you feel like poking with those coils, too.

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread