Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I make a twisted coil at somewhere between 0.9 and 1ohms at 2.5mm and use cotton bacon with a bell cap...also I make sure to use a 5mm drip tip. Wicks perfectly every time....I also use a center pin in the kayfun that is half drilled out for just a little better airflow.

Care to give RB and I some coil building lessons?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
RB, have any Daleks emerged from the orange orb?

I'm glad you asked. But you have to keep this just between us. Here's a pic of one I offered a safe place to hide this morning:

NewDalek1.jpg

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Why thank you as we are beyond a doubt single coil makers. Very simple single coils.

Yes, I'm a single coil building-dude. I'm not sure I want to go to school though to learn double coil building. Unless of course someone can show me how or why it's so much better.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes, I'm a single coil building-dude. I'm not sure I want to go to school though to learn double coil building. Unless of course someone can show me how or why it's so much better.
It never hurts to try. Me personally, single coil works as good or better than anything else.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oops, you're right. Twisted wire. Since you tried it, did you have any nirvana moments with it? I'm a KISS kind 'a guy.
I experienced no advantage in vape quality using twisted wire. The only value I had was that it allowed me to use up an excess of 32 gauge wire I had laying around. But then the effort to twist it wasn't worth what I paid for it. I still have some twisted 32 laying in my bone box somewhere.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Someone will come along and say twisted wire is a God send. That's why I say you should try it to see if you get any benefit from it. I didn't. But I wont dissuade anyone from trying something new.

It may well be great. I prolly won't buy any twisted wire anytime soon. I have enough 28 gauge Kanthal to keep my simple, 1.3 - 1.5/ohm coil production going just fine for some time to come. I'm finally doing really well making nice looking and functioning coils and I'm going to use an old adage here: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It ain't broke on my side, so I see no real reason to fix anything. No I don't!

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
All these fancy coils really do is add surface area to increase vapor. By osmosis you get some flavor boost as well but how good of a flavor boost is all dependent on the juice. I don't care what coil you use, high vg juice (80%+)just doesn't have good flavor unless your blowing huge clouds and vaping 1ml per hit[emoji41]

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It may well be great. I prolly won't buy any twisted wire anytime soon. I have enough 28 gauge Kanthal to keep my simple, 1.3 - 1.5/ohm coil production going just fine for some time to come. I'm finally doing really well making nice looking and functioning coils and I'm going to use an old adage here: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It ain't broke on my side, so I see no real reason to fix anything. No I don't!
Well, you twist your own wire. Just one more thing you gotta screw with.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
All these fancy coils really do is add surface area to increase vapor. By osmosis you get some flavor boost as well but how good of a flavor boost is all dependent on the juice. I don't care what coil you use, high vg juice (80%+)just doesn't have good flavor unless your blowing huge clouds and vaping 1ml per hit[emoji41]
I agree adding surface has marginal benefit. The Boost feature on the P3 allowed me to go with a thicker gauge wire which increased coil area.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
He was in Buffalo, it only snows there.....In fact they only have two seasons. 4th of July and Winter.

I don't understand the problem. Snow is the perfect way to store water, there's no need for a plastic jug or a refrigerator. How more green could one get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread