Feeling Really Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
The plan for quite some time was to purchase a LP Grand and Diy my own ejuice, got the Reos and am ready to dyi. Now the guilty part, I have been buying my own juice and some hardware from a vape shop near by, it's really a Big O tire shop and the owner does both tires and ejuice. He has been really good to us, kept me and my family vaping for almost two years, fixed my vape gear free most of the time, always had my juice waiting, never like ordering stuff online. How do I tell him I won't be a customer of his, I get chocked just thinking about it.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Tires and joose, quite an interesting mix :unsure:

I would share with him your plan and thank him for everything. Chances are he will be excited to see you take the next step in vaping. He may even be willing to share tips and tricks with you as well as learn a thing or 2 from you also.

I've been DIYing for a few years now and still buy from preferred vendors occasionally so it's not necessarily the end, just a change.

The only constant in life is change.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I think you bring your rig in and have a chat with him - tell him he's earned the face to face. He should be happy for you.

Tell him as well, that you'll be sending other folks his way, 'cause your reo is going to attract attention.

Either that or buy a set of tires and say you've quit vaping.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Does he make the e-juice? If so, maybe ask him to help as a teacher.
He sounds like a good family friend to y'all, he should understand. We got into vaping for the same reason. We start small, start rebuilding, start DIYing for some people. It's just the progression for some of us. Maybe buy your favorite from him occasionally to still show support, and to change up flavors from your DIY stuff.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I know it's a little weird but he has been selling juice since 2010, so in that context not so strange. One building two businesses, lower overhead. A lot of people wanting tires asked about the ecig hardware display.... New vapers, all is good, my son's story.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I think you bring your rig in and have a chat with him - tell him he's earned the face to face. He should be happy for you.

Tell him as well, that you'll be sending other folks his way, 'cause your reo is going to attract attention.

Either that or buy a set of tires and say you've quit vaping.
Papa L... you aren't by any chance a Sens fan are you?

Reactions: JC Okie

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Hmmm... a curious question. I am not (check my locale to understand why - I'm a left coaster), but why do you ask?
I don't discriminate against left coasters they can be sens fans too!

I asked because I know another "Papa Lazarou" on a hockey message board I frequent and thought you might be one in the same.

Carry on nothing to see here.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The plan for quite some time was to purchase a LP Grand and Diy my own ejuice, got the Reos and am ready to dyi. Now the guilty part, I have been buying my own juice and some hardware from a vape shop near by, it's really a Big O tire shop and the owner does both tires and ejuice. He has been really good to us, kept me and my family vaping for almost two years, fixed my vape gear free most of the time, always had my juice waiting, never like ordering stuff online. How do I tell him I won't be a customer of his, I get chocked just thinking about it.

You shouldn't feel guilty in the least. I am sure he was very proud of you vaping and his way to help was pitch in and help you with juice and hardware.

I see it as kind of like a proud papa that watches his kid leave the nest. Your adventure into DIY is a big step forward. I am sure he will be happy you are saving some money.

Another way to think about it is he will be able to help another vaper starting out and the circle of kindness continues.

When you find one of your mixes that you love, drop by and give him a bottle!

I am sure you will find lots of smiles and big congratz!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I don't discriminate against left coasters they can be sens fans too!

I asked because I know another "Papa Lazarou" on a hockey message board I frequent and thought you might be one in the same.

Carry on nothing to see here.

Ah, mais non, il est pas moi. I do like to troll on some hockey boards, tho, but I would never masquerade as a fan of another club.

Reactions: Debadoo

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Sorry to take this thread off topic.
Ah, mais non, il est pas moi. I do like to troll on some hockey boards, tho, but I would never masquerade as a fan of another club.

Too bad... Well the board I'm talking about is full of what most people would call 'trolls' (to use a "broad" term). I still kind of think it might be you but I'll take your word for it. If you troll hfboards you're a friend of mine. :D

Reactions: jifjifjif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Everyone has pretty well nailed it, so will just add my support to theirs. I was also going to suggest giving him a bottle of something you come up with that you're particularly proud of, but others beat me to it. If his heart is in the right place, and it certainly sounds like it is, he'll be happy for you! Just thank him for all his help, let him know you'll be sending business his way, and to me it sounds like a win win for everyone!

Reactions: B2L

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Doesn't have to be the end totally. As others have suggested, keep in touch. Even tho you are going into diy, go in and get a bottle or two of your most favorites of his once in a while. I have been diying for several years, and I still have a couple of juices that I buy from a vendor.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
How do I tell him I won't be a customer of his, I get chocked just thinking about it.

Why would this even be necessary? I DIY almost exlusively, but every now and again love to vape some "vendor juice".

Does it have to be so black and white? I can't make some of the stuff I enjoy vaping, even though I make stuff of my own that is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread