• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SubTank mini spitting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
You have a wick that is too thick. Wicking should not be an issue for Subtank. It is usually your wick that is too thick that makes the coil too tight hence the juice cannot constantly reach the coils in time.

Thick wick would cause burning taste instead of spitting...am I wrong?

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Thick wick would cause burning taste instead of spitting...am I wrong?

My bad, forgot to point on the spitting issue. Yes thick wick will cause burnt taste. As for spitting, it happens if your wick is too thin. However, you must also check the wire that goes to your connecting posts. If the length of the wire left hanging between the connecting posts and the coils are too exposed, they can cause spitting as juice will be burn on those wires. But once the spitting ends, the burnt taste will follow as the exposed wires will start to light up which gives you the burnt taste. So to solve the issue for the subtank RBA, try to coil your wires to the size of 2.5mm diameter which decreases the length of wire exposed from the connecting posts. Then make sure when you thread your cotton, it goes through without too much tight force. Your wick should be able to slip back and forth without much of the frills getting shredded off, but just tight enough to make sure your coils are rested on the wick. Just have your wicks cover the juice channels nicely. Too long will mean it will take longer for the wick to be saturated which likely gives you burnt taste after a constant 3-4 drags. Too short from the juice channels will give you leaking and gurgling. There is no perfect building, but you can always take your time and make sure your setup is done nicely to save you on wasting juice. After setup, saturate your wicks and try to fire and see if you can fire up 10-15 seconds without seeing wires lighting up, at the same time seeing the juice drying up nicely. If this is done, you are good to go.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Agree with sinner. When it comes to wicking, less is more. Takes a bit of trial and error to get the right amount. In fact i find wicking subtank mini is quite forgiving comparing to other subohm tanks.

Yes the subtank is easy to setup compared to other tanks. In fact it is the easiest and when you are used to it, you always get it right the first time. The subtank can even be done with dual coils.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Every built have a sweet spot? What wire gauge are you using? Mods with voltage/temperature/wattage control? Juice you vape?

Well sweet spot depends on individual. I like mine on .7 ohms at 20-23 watts. Flavor and vapor is good for me. I don't get a very hot vape as well. Not every build suits every individual. You must know if you prefer warmer or cooler vape. You must know if you are a cloud chaser, or a flavor hugger. Are you someone who has the phobia of seeing your juice levels go down in a couple of hours.

I know many newbies, even veterans out there are really trying to do what the extreme people do, to go very low on ohms and high on wattage. I have tried dual coil .2ohms at 50-70w. Honestly, yeah the vapor is humongous, but flavor is diminished, not much long drags due to the hot vape and harsh throat hit even on 6mg. That is why I reset back to my favourite setting - so as to be able to take 5-6 long drags at one go, set it down, do it again the next 1-2 hours, and so on. I get a good dosage and empty one tank a day which I find resembles the amount of urge I used to have back to the days on analogs.

If you keep rebuilding and trying to find your sweet spot, you are just gonna waste alot of resources and you will realise everyday you are redoing your setup, and you will never be satisfied. Sometimes you will even regret redoing because the previous setup was better. So find out your urge, find out your preference and stick with it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reyqaz

Jul 6, 2015
India
I have this same issue with my sub tank mini.

I will be getting the mesh as shown in the video, for now I put a tiny bit of the cotton that came with in the subtank mini box, and the spitting has significantly reduced.
Although I had to make a tiny hole in the cotton for airflow and I am getting the clouds, finally.

As per thread title.

Anyone with subtank mini face this prob b4 and found a solution?

I hate getting juice in my mouth.:(

Eugene lim

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2015
ca759cd426f2d75eb8a827a35e248ff2.jpg

Mine is working fine...I'm sure it the wicking.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

antler24

Aug 24, 2015
I had infamous pop and juice spit with the RBA deck from the start with my subtank. It would cause the back of my throat to get very irritated to the point I didn't want to use my subtank anymore. Picked up a steel mesh coffee filter for $3 and cut it up and put it under the drip tip, problem solved. Well actually it's problem covered up, until I can get more cotton to play with more wicking options lol

Reactions: smokyribs

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Well sweet spot depends on individual. I like mine on .7 ohms at 20-23 watts. Flavor and vapor is good for me. I don't get a very hot vape as well. Not every build suits every individual. You must know if you prefer warmer or cooler vape. You must know if you are a cloud chaser, or a flavor hugger. Are you someone who has the phobia of seeing your juice levels go down in a couple of hours.

I know many newbies, even veterans out there are really trying to do what the extreme people do, to go very low on ohms and high on wattage. I have tried dual coil .2ohms at 50-70w. Honestly, yeah the vapor is humongous, but flavor is diminished, not much long drags due to the hot vape and harsh throat hit even on 6mg. That is why I reset back to my favourite setting - so as to be able to take 5-6 long drags at one go, set it down, do it again the next 1-2 hours, and so on. I get a good dosage and empty one tank a day which I find resembles the amount of urge I used to have back to the days on analogs.

If you keep rebuilding and trying to find your sweet spot, you are just gonna waste alot of resources and you will realise everyday you are redoing your setup, and you will never be satisfied. Sometimes you will even regret redoing because the previous setup was better. So find out your urge, find out your preference and stick with it. Just my 2 cents worth.
haha i literally rebuild my rba since the first day i got it for 2 weeks... now... i am pretty happy with the results :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread