Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I agree adding surface has marginal benefit. The Boost feature on the P3 allowed me to go with a thicker gauge wire which increased coil area.

What gauge/diam Bronze? I just got a stealth Ti, kind of want to try out a new .5 -.6 build. My GM isn't upgraded for under .7.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I don't understand the problem. Snow is the perfect way to store water, there's no need for a plastic jug or a refrigerator. How more green could one get?

This has total merit. It does. If'n we lived in Buffalo. We don't. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What gauge/diam Bronze? I just got a stealth Ti, kind of want to try out a new .5 -.6 build. My GM isn't upgraded for under .7.
I went from 30 gauge to 28 gauge. I tried 26 gauge and it worked good for me too. But I'm a low power vaper (9 - 10 watts) so Boost still had an impact.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I went from 30 gauge to 28 gauge. I tried 26 gauge and it worked good for me too. But I'm a low power vaper (9 - 10 watts) so Boost still had an impact.

Probably more impact, the fewer watts, the more boost you get.

I'm usually around 15 watts, looking for a good .5 ohm 3mm diam build. I think I'll go to the coil building section and see what people are using.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Some who ventured on to the Black Course have never been seen again.

latest
golfer.gif
Tiquandas_Revenge.gif

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I agree adding surface has marginal benefit. The Boost feature on the P3 allowed me to go with a thicker gauge wire which increased coil area.

Funny thing I just installed a 26g coil you sent me. It reads 1.2 ohm and I must say it feels more solid and easy to wrap around the screws.

Yes exactly how the black course is.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yes exactly how the black course is.

I like it! It seems like running around trying to whack monsters with a club would be much more fun than trying to hit a little ball that doesn't move or fight back.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Probably more impact, the fewer watts, the more boost you get.

I'm usually around 15 watts, looking for a good .5 ohm 3mm diam build. I think I'll go to the coil building section and see what people are using.
You're gonna have to go 24 gauge at that diameter or six wraps or try the dual coil.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Funny thing I just installed a 26g coil you sent me. It reads 1.2 ohm and I must say it feels more solid and easy to wrap around the screws.
Yes, the thicker the wire the easier it is to work with.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I like it! It seems like running around trying to whack monsters with a club would be much more fun than trying to hit a little ball that doesn't move or fight back.

Come join me. You'd have a Ball.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Come join me. You'd have a Ball.

If you're ever out to the PNW Ping, I'll treat you to 18. I always try to just break 90, and live for 300 yard bombs...but I have fun and go to courses that are wide open so I can always find my proV1 I have no business using lol.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
If you're ever out to the PNW Ping, I'll treat you to 18. I always try to just break 90, and live for 300 yard bombs...but I have fun and go to courses that are wide open so I can always find my proV1 I have no business using lol.

My daughter in law is in Oregon visiting her mom. I love wide open courses. You treat me to 18 and I'll treat you on the 19th hole.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Someone will come along and say twisted wire is a God send. That's why I say you should try it to see if you get any benefit from it. I didn't. But I wont dissuade anyone from trying something new.
Not a Godsend. But I definitely found the flavor to be better than my single coil in a specific atty. I'm finding that some attys want one sort of coil and others want another sort ... Single, dual, twisted - they all result in something different! It's been kinda fun playing around with builds :). (Yup, I do have too much time on my hands!)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The best coil in world, the be all and end all coil, the God send coil....is the coil that works for YOU! Although, I do believe everyone should wear little red.......

...hat and purple? I've always liked you ;) but I want a really big hat. With a feather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread