• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
No, I haven't. There were so many dire warning to disable it, I haven't used it, nor needed to, for a very long time.
If that's what's causing it, I suppose I'd better find where it is and update it!
Looking at Chrome & Firefox, I don't have Java or Adobe Flash installed for it, although Chrome has a built in bit that you can enable piecemeal when you want to watch a flash video clip, the only thing I have Java installed for is my LibreOffice application, which is okay, it's the bit that applies to the Internet that the warnings were issued for, so best not to install that unless you need it for an application that needs it.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I polished of my beetlejuice, or whatever it was called from NT last night. Not a bad juice, but nothing to rave about and i wouldn`t buy it again.
So i cleaned and re-wicked a subby earlier, and it will be the first time i have tried chefs PMP on a TC mod. Will report back later, when i am blasting on it. :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just had a quick look at my Google+ page and found the following which made me roll up:
funny-ideas-which-work-raw.jpg

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
That's very interesting, Bob. Over time this may well be a clever way for the malware boys to get to us, perhaps? For that reason I have switched mine to "off". Many thanks.
So is `OFF` the best option would you and Bob say ?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Looking at Chrome & Firefox, I don't have Java or Adobe Flash installed for it, although Chrome has a built in bit that you can enable piecemeal when you want to watch a flash video clip, the only thing I have Java installed for is my LibreOffice application, which is okay, it's the bit that applies to the Internet that the warnings were issued for, so best not to install that unless you need it for an application that needs it.
Thanks! I'll leave it then.
Still don't know why M&S site isn't working properly for me. Think it's the only site I get these problems with though.

So i cleaned and re-wicked a subby earlier, and it will be the first time i have tried chefs PMP on a TC mod. Will report back later, when i am blasting on it. :)
Sounds interesting - it's full of flavour anyway, so could be superflavour! :)

Just had a quick look at my Google+ page and found the following which made me roll up:
Ha-ha! :laugh:

I thought this was cute...
Forget that, tried to upload a vid from FB, and it`s not having it.
That's an infectious little laugh! ..Aren't dogs fantastic with small children - so tolerant.

For any of you that have Windows 10 and do NOT have an unlimited plan on your Broadband, it might be worth having a look at this alert:
Windows 10 peer-to-peer updates – the “Redmond Torrent” is opt-out | Naked Security
I always have auto updates disabled, so would likely do the same with W10.

Reactions: terry w

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I always have auto updates disabled, so would likely do the same with W10.
Nothing to do with auto updates, which on Win10 should NOT be fully disabled, security updates must be allowed. This is the way in which they will be doing them using Peer to Peer networking, think it is to save their servers from getting too overloaded.

Reactions: e-pipeman

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
So is `OFF` the best option would you and Bob say ?

For me. I only have one Windows machine on my home network ( wife's work beast is not included) so no real time saving that way. Grabbing update files from the internet more generally rather than direct from Msoft does not appeal for all sorts of reasons. Ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread