Storing nic base and vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Krinkle

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Virginia
How do you know if VG/PG has gone bad? Mine kind of smell eggy? About 6 months old in there original MFS bottles.

I ask because I ran out of fridge space (more beer) and have kept my PG/VG on a self with no direct sunlight. But temperatures fluctuate alot up in my office. Nic is safe in the freezer in Nalgene bottles.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Ive read not to store pg/vg in the fridge cause of the moisture. Keep them In a cool dark place. Nic keep in the freezer in full glass jars.

Just make sure you shake rhe crap out of that nic base before breaking it into bottles.
Hmmmm..... concentrated 100mg nic is 90% PG or VG, depending on the base. Are you suggesting adding 10% nic eliminates the moisture problem?

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Hmmmm..... concentrated 100mg nic is 90% PG or VG, depending on the base. Are you suggesting adding 10% nic eliminates the moisture problem?

No I'm saying only store your nic base in the freezer in glass jars full so no air and your other non nic vg/pg in a closet or box or something out of the fridge so no moisture from the fridge can enter.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Just my :2c: here...I prefer plastic bottles for my nic storage. I buy 100mg PG nic and like a lot of peeps, had a chicken little moment when I thought it was going to be massively regulated (I now have enough at my current nic/consumption level to last me 20 + yrs). The reason why I even considered buying that much is I have the fortune of living in a house with a basement with a large chest deep-freeze in it. The kids have moved out so I've basically replaced the food reserves with ice, the freezer hardly ever runs as I rarely go into it, and if the power goes out, the ice in there should keep me for a bit...but with the plastic bottles I can squeeze the bottles till the nic/PG is just about overflowing and then screw the cap back on (no air) and I date them so I can use oldest to newest. I just cracked open a jug that is over 3 yrs old that I got from VZ, it's clear and no odd smell...tastes fine.

Straight VG and PG are easy to get (in Canada you can buy it off the shelf at a drugstore), I buy as needed.

There's nothing scientific about what I'm saying or doing, but it seems to work.

Rocceral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Maine
Brand new freezer cooling down and awaiting tomorrow's arrival of nic.
4314fc16fb3fe71a66a1b74c36521aad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Just my :2c: here...I prefer plastic bottles for my nic storage. I buy 100mg PG nic and like a lot of peeps, had a chicken little moment when I thought it was going to be massively regulated (I now have enough at my current nic/consumption level to last me 20 + yrs). The reason why I even considered buying that much is I have the fortune of living in a house with a basement with a large chest deep-freeze in it. The kids have moved out so I've basically replaced the food reserves with ice, the freezer hardly ever runs as I rarely go into it, and if the power goes out, the ice in there should keep me for a bit...but with the plastic bottles I can squeeze the bottles till the nic/PG is just about overflowing and then screw the cap back on (no air) and I date them so I can use oldest to newest. I just cracked open a jug that is over 3 yrs old that I got from VZ, it's clear and no odd smell...tastes fine.

Straight VG and PG are easy to get (in Canada you can buy it off the shelf at a drugstore), I buy as needed.

There's nothing scientific about what I'm saying or doing, but it seems to work.

Hey Quigs <waves>

Where are you scoring the nic base from? Inquiring canucks want to know.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Hey Papa <<waves back>>... Wholesale Nicotine 100mg Heartlandvapes Wholesale ...I bought a lot (at a $.92 dollar, double bonus :cool:)

Not sure if they'll ship to Can. ...even if they would, not sure I'd try and run the Can. customs gauntlet. If you want, PM me, I can get it to Port Coquitlam for you.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey every one, sorry to revive a page 2 thread but I have a question. If I big bottles of 6mg e juice that lasts about 2 months should I store that in the fridge/freezer? I think I let some juice go bad sitting on my desk in the heat and now my main reo is on the bench for a while..

Heat is the culprit for sure! If you can divide up a larger bottle to 30ml bottles. Keep what you are not using in a cool and dark place. Like in a bedroom closet.

If your tubing and bottle in your REO is retaining a bad juice, take them out and try boiling in hot water for a few minutes. You can also soak them in vinegar. If you can not remove the juice smell then it might be time for a new tube/bottle/cap.

Make sure you run some vinegar or PGA through the REO after washing well. Some off juice might remain in the connector.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
Awesome thanks for the info karen! I'm waiting on some new juice in the mail. In the meantime I'll get reo #1 aka Jeff cleaned up and ready to go. I didn't even think about bad juice getting stuck in the reo. I don't think there is a single cool place in my house that would be safe to store juice this time of year. Would it really be a bad idea to store high vg juice in the fridge?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Awesome thanks for the info karen! I'm waiting on some new juice in the mail. In the meantime I'll get reo #1 aka Jeff cleaned up and ready to go. I didn't even think about bad juice getting stuck in the reo. I don't think there is a single cool place in my house that would be safe to store juice this time of year. Would it really be a bad idea to store high vg juice in the fridge?

I know some do store in the fridge. I keep all of my DIY in a closet in my REO room. Have not noticed in two years that I lose anything from the juice or flavors.

If you put it in the fridge make sure you fill the bottles to the top. Keep out as much air as possible. Also a good idea to put it in a plastic bag too.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
I think I'll try the fridge, and smaller bottle so I can keep them topped off while in there. The problem is my room is closed up while I'm at work and the rest of the house is free for my 2 year old and the nosy dog.. My room is probably 80° by the time I get home while the rest of the house is nice and cool

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
I think I'll try the fridge, and smaller bottle so I can keep them topped off while in there. The problem is my room is closed up while I'm at work and the rest of the house is free for my 2 year old and the nosy dog.. My room is probably 80° by the time I get home while the rest of the house is nice and cool

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

You could always get a mini freezer. Ive got one in the bedroom. Its the same size as a dorm mini fridge, just cold as hell! It ran me $150ish i think. Even comes with a built in lock! Edgestar CMF 151L-1. Check it out man;)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Just watch with high VG juice - it will be thick as molasses when chilled. You'll prolly want to have it at room temp when you refill your reo bottle, so I'd recommend that you keep 2 days supply out at all times. I carry that much in a small bottle with me in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread