Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I have a GS Air that needs a base, mine stripped. Normally I wouldn't bother but I miss usin that tank and gave my wife the other one. I only bought the GS Airs because I was waitin on some sub-ohm tanks from a co-op. By the time the sub-ohms got here I didn't really care. The GSAs were doin a fine job. I was surprised how hard I could hit em without any dry hits. I had the ST Mini for about 4 weeks before I unboxed it.
If Firefly doesn't want it, I'll send it to you.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
If Firefly doesn't want it, I'll send it to you.
I would appreciate that Big F. Somebody offered to send me one a few weeks ago, but I never took her up on it. Every time I think about buyin a base, I think why not just get a new atty. Then the little GSA would just sit there...

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
And speaking of stripped threads. @GranFumador: are the threads on your new GS tank any better or are they just as shallow and flimsy as on other Airs?
You, My Dear, would make a fine Barrister! "Is it not true, Madame Katya, that after you had strangled poor Mr. Fitz-Muffin-Smythe, you proceeded to drink a cup of tea from a fine bone china teacup?"

In my experience, the threads on the Air, the M, and the Ms have been trouble free.
Sorry you have had difficulties.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You, My Dear, would make a fine Barrister! "Is it not true, Madame Katya, that after you had strangled poor Mr. Fitz-Muffin-Smythe, you proceeded to drink a cup of tea from a fine bone china teacup?"

In my experience, the threads on the Air, the M, and the Ms have been trouble free.
Sorry you have had difficulties.

I have not experienced any problems with stripped threads myself, dear, but others have.

Class action lawsuit?
proxy.php

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Fiberglass... :lol:
She is most definitely talking about the newer coils because I never had any problems with the 'fiberwhatever it was'.
The newer ones constantly flood and most of the coils blow out within a couple of days.
The older coils would last me at least 2 weeks and I never got a sore throat or chest pains. :)

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I haven't yet had thread problems, but it's only a matter of time. These things all just have a grand total of 3 threads on the 510 connection and they aren't stainless steel. So the more times you take it off to refill it, the sloppier they get.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
She is most definitely talking about the newer coils because I never had any problems with the 'fiberwhatever it was'.
The newer ones constantly flood and most of the coils blow out within a couple of days.
The older coils would last me at least 2 weeks and I never got a sore throat or chest pains. :)

I don't know if they were the new or old ones, since I got the tanks and a pack of coils in trade. The guy I traded with didn't know either. It was around the time where some venders had the new ones, but a lot were still unloading the old batch. The tightness I got in my chest was similar to how I feel when I try to vape something with high VG.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I don't know if they were the new or old ones, since I got the tanks and a pack of coils in trade. The guy I traded with didn't know either. It was around the time where some venders had the new ones, but a lot were still unloading the old batch. The tightness I got in my chest was similar to how I feel when I try to vape something with high VG.
I just had my last coil today that I found hiding somewhere, so I tried it. It was super for about 5 hours, then I scrapped it. I guess I have 6 more tanks that go into the historical closet. At the moment, I have a sore throat from it and it is definitely a newer coil.
Brought the M back out and hit it and it's pure heaven with Peach Crush in it! :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I haven't yet had thread problems, but it's only a matter of time. These things all just have a grand total of 3 threads on the 510 connection and they aren't stainless steel. So the more times you take it off to refill it, the sloppier they get.

That is Something I noticed when I unboxed my 1st GS Air Tank.

Why Didn't they do a Full Length 510 Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread