Best Temperature control mod for under $150 (Thats not a DNA 40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
So my hcigar HB 40 died yesterday and while replacing the switch the screen came off, so i'm in the market for a new Temperature Control device....
Since my HB died after 2 months a reasonable warranty would be nice (6 months 1 year) but price is also really important I do not want to spend more than 150usd...

Things that I've been looking at are the following but there now seems to be an endless variety of mod boxes on the market with TC.
Snow Wolf
IPV4S
RDNA Vapor Shark

Lastly I never really go over 20w since i primarily use my kayfun 4 and Taifun gt 2 so nearly any device will satisfy my watt requirements although the headroom is always nice....

Any recommendations would be great! Any chip recommendations would also be great!! Cheers

Last edited:

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Heatvape Invader Mini - cheers for the recommendation physically looks great but i could not live with the aesthetics looks like a rubber transformer to me.... thanks for the recommendation just not my cup of tea

The Kangxin VF Mini looks alright great for the price but i cant help but feel that i would be better spending 100-150 and getting a mod box that i loved....

I saw that Vapour flask clone earlier today however was uncertain on what chip it used Kangxin DNA 40 clone?? also after googling the device the 3rd thing that came up was this video no exactly reassuring

I I dont mind the mod box and i love the price however with only one negative review and no clear warranty it would seem foolish to buy.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So my Hcigar HB 40 died yesterday and while replacing the switch the screen came off (Dont spray Isopropyl on the DNA 40 screen band is glued on) so i'm in the market for a new Temperature Control Device....
Since my HB died after 2 months a reasonable warranty would be nice (6 months 1 year) but price is also really important I do not want to spend more than 150usd...

Things that I've been looking at are the following but there now seems to be an endless variety of mod boxes on the market with TC.
Snow Wolf
IPV4S
RDNA Vapor Shark

Lastly I never really go over 20w since i primarily use my Kayfun 4 and Taifun gt 2 so nearly any device will satisfy my watt requirements although the headroom is always nice....

Any recommendations would be great! Any chip recommendations would also be great!! Cheers

Perhaps you could send the board off to Evolv since they are supposed to have a 1 yr warranty on their boards?? Worth a shot if you can dismantle it from the enclosure and put it back in, if not maybe find someone that can? Could pickup an Istick 40w as suggested while you wait for it's return for about $30. My son bought one and loves it and is looking to buy a second one.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
evolv will take care of you, just call and ask for an rma form for the board. theyre so awesome about replacing boards, sometimes even after the year is up!!!

if youre still looking to buy, my vote for reasonable price and great value is the sbody macro @ vaporshark. $100, dna40 large screen, replaceable battery, zip charging...

biloxi123

Aug 24, 2013
Roy, Utah
I have the rDNA40 VS and a IPV3 165 and love them both. Honestly, except for the obvious watts vs Joules thing in the power adjustment, I couldn't tell the difference in the performance of either mod. If you want a great carrying around mod, the rDNV40 is a great choice, if you don't mind a big honking mod with a crap ton of battery life (2x 18650's vs 1), I'd recommend the IPV3 165. The only reason I got the IPV3 was to support some low ohm double kanthal builds in my SteamCrave RDTA. There's a lot of temp control mods around now but, as others have said, I'd stick with an Evolve or a YiHi chip set and don't be a guinea pig for the cloners.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have two DNA's and a couple SX and the Mini and other Yihi chips are my go to devices. They are upgradable, have been glitch free and have options the DNA doesn't.

Not a fanboy, just an opinion from someone that uses both. Seems like the Yihi haters should at least allow some unbiased opinions.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
And the Yihi fanboys show up...

Matter of personal opinion. Owning a particular Mod does not make one a Fan Boy........ Or are you calling yourself a DNA Fan Boy?:D

Seriously flawed assumptions :blink:

Oh......OP!
IVP D2 may be just right for you.
7-75w
Small as an iStick 40
Built strong
TC control
Quick change 18650

Reactions: Marc411

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
the hcigar vt40 is right at your price limit but is a beautiful mod with the dna40 in it. for about 1/2 that price go with the sigelei 75-neither an evolv or yihi chip/board but feels great in the hand and also gives a fantastic vape. and for a yihi chip look at the ipv d2 for about $50. there are three mods where anyone of them will give a great vape in either TC or regular watt vaping... owning all three , i will tell you it comes down to form factor and what feels best in your hand but they will give you some fine vaping whichever one you choose.....

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
SX Mini is on sale somewhere for $140. Best money you can spend. Piss on Evolv I had 5 Evolv Mods and they all glitch so best is subjective when you say Evolv

I will second that. The best built tc mod on the market. Solidly built and the ability for chip updates. I've owned both the evolve chip and the yihi chip... yihi hands down the best. No fanboy, it's just a fact.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread