Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@AllElseFailed, I too, was leery of replaceable batteries. Then, I bit the bullet and picked up a couple of tube mods last fall. As long as you understand your battery (Samsung-R25, AW, LG, etc.) and keep your topper within proper operating parameters, it's no different than running a mod with internal batteries. Mooch has a WONDERFUL listing of his battery tests that he's done on a number of commonly used batteries. You get the mAh and the CDR specs and where they tend to operate well all laid out in a nice spreadsheet (18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum)

@Katdarling - I :wub: hummingbirds. You've a beautimous mod/topper combo

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
@AllElseFailed, I too, was leery of replaceable batteries. Then, I bit the bullet and picked up a couple of tube mods last fall. As long as you understand your battery (Samsung-R25, AW, LG, etc.) and keep your topper within proper operating parameters, it's no different than running a mod with internal batteries. Mooch has a WONDERFUL listing of his battery tests that he's done on a number of commonly used batteries. You get the mAh and the CDR specs and where they tend to operate well all laid out in a nice spreadsheet (18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum)

@Katdarling - I :wub: hummingbirds. You've a beautimous mod/topper combo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way in the beginning! Thanks for the link, I'm gonna go check it out now!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Also, with Federal regulations looming, replaceable batteries just may be the way to go just now.

Yup. Which is why I have a Galileo mech mod and an inexpensive bottom-feed mech mod. As long as I build my coils under the specs of my batteries (and I'll build between 0.5-2.0 ohms), I'll be able to continue, even if my regulated, internal mods take a dump.

I did grab a few kicks for my Galileo, so I "can" regulate them, but not with my normal stash of batteries. I have to get some more 18500s or 18350s. Even w/o kick, I just build about 1.3-1.8 ohms, and I'll have NO worries.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way in the beginning! Thanks for the link, I'm gonna go check it out now!

Another great resource for learning about battery safety is Baditude's blog; he's the "official battery safety guy" I think. :D Also if you're in any thread where JeremyR is posting, he's a good one to talk to about battery safety; dunno if he has any of that info in a blog, but he might. He's the "official rayon guy" I think. :D He helped me a lot with battery stuff in the Sigelei Zmax thread, when I first got one of those. For a tootle-puffing mod, those are outstanding, the Sigelei Zmax's; dunno if any v3's are still to be found, but may be some v5's.

Andria

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
I'm scared of all these batteries too. I do have the Kbox 18650 mod. I got a good 2 bay charger, two batteries and went for it a few months back. I don't sub ohm. I use my nautilus and nautilus mini with it and run it on 13 watts, 8 is too low for me. BUT...I chain vape at times and I can run thru a battery sometime during the day. What scares me is carrying an extra battery on me if I go somewhere...so if I'm going to be gone for the day...I don't take it with me...I take my istick 50 and just got the mvp 3 pro for battery longevity times when needed.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I'm scared of all these batteries too. I do have the Kbox 18650 mod. I got a good 2 bay charger, two batteries and went for it a few months back. I don't sub ohm. I use my nautilus and nautilus mini with it and run it on 13 watts, 8 is too low for me. BUT...I chain vape at times and I can run thru a battery sometime during the day. What scares me is carrying an extra battery on me if I go somewhere...so if I'm going to be gone for the day...I don't take it with me...I take my istick 50 and just got the mvp 3 pro for battery longevity times when needed.
Silicone 18650 Battery Sleeve - Kidney Puncher

These are awesome if you're just carrying one extra. Otherwise a standard plastic battery box works well.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Thanks...so then carrying an extra battery around in plastic case safe?
Yes. I do it all the time, and have no issues at all. The idea is to keep anything from connecting the positive and negative terminals on a battery. Loose in the pocket... Change, keys, etc will do that.
In a plastic case, not so much. :)
I was just looking to get you a good deal, but now have 6 of these on the way. My other ones are not waterproof.
Amazon.com: New Hard Plastic Case Waterproof Battery Holder Storage Box For 18650 Battery: Electronics

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Another great resource for learning about battery safety is Baditude's blog; he's the "official battery safety guy" I think. :D Also if you're in any thread where JeremyR is posting, he's a good one to talk to about battery safety; dunno if he has any of that info in a blog, but he might. He's the "official rayon guy" I think. :D He helped me a lot with battery stuff in the Sigelei Zmax thread, when I first got one of those. For a tootle-puffing mod, those are outstanding, the Sigelei Zmax's; dunno if any v3's are still to be found, but may be some v5's.

Andria

Thanks, Andria. I have looked up something else on Baditude's blog, can't remember what now, but it was very informative. I will definitely add to my 'notes' to check out his blog before I buy my first external battery mod. I appreciate it!

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I find it's easier to carry an extra battery in a case than another mod sometimes. It's nice to have a variety to chose from. I get bored easily I guess but every device seems to give differences in my vape. Right now the old school lower wattage mods (zmax, vamo) can be found very cheap. Those are regulated so if you put something on it too low ohms or batteries wont power it, the mod will just shut down or not fire. If you can set volts or watts it's usually regulated. I also have a couple of mechanicals but for my vaping style regulated works better. They are still nice to have though and they were cheap. I use nautilus so they are safe. I think safety is more of an issue when making your own coils and definatley with sub-ohming.

If anyone wants to try DIY there are some very good starter kits out now. I know nude nic has one and Diy One stop. They include nic and flavors. The biggest problem is if your unsure of what you like, then it's easy to get into collecting flavors to try and it's probably not so cheap then. It's another rabbit hole. But if you know you like cereal or strawberry, you can save HUGE $.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Tansi

Mar 14, 2015
Gordo Alabama
Just discovered this thread, some lively work ladies!
Quick tip for a battery case that I have been using is a larger pharmacy bottle, they have so many sizes that I've just used them.
Now, I'm off to consider how to decorate this ugly box and make it girly :)

Sent from my crappy
iPhone using Tapatalk ^.~

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thanks KD, can I ask why your not DIY'ing at the moment and did you manage to make some tasty juice when you did..

A little something for our new found friendship for you to try someday which is sooooooo nice....

Capella Vanilla Custard 6%
TPA Strawberry Ripe 4%
TPA Cotton Candy 2%
TPA Bararian Cream 3%
TPA Marshmellow 3%
TPA Sweet Cream 2%

Thats a 20% flavour which is slightly higher but designed for the tootle puffer in mind..

This one is called Betty Boops Strawberry Milkshake

2u763jp.gif

Certainly you may ask! ;) And, I'll answer! I don't DIY because I did not like it at all. It stressed me out looking at the measurements on the beakers/syringes, and the end results were nearly adequate. Never delish. It's right up there with building coils for me. I'd rather watch the grass die. (That's a California joke.)

It just wasn't for me, Rix. The longer I vape, the lazier I get. Boom.

Having said that, your Boopsie Doop recipe looks wonderful! I hope someone here DOES make it and gives us feedback on it. Andria might be up for the strawberry challenge. ;) C'mon, Dria....... do eeeeeeeet!

I do like flavors that have as low percentage as pastable. Call it intuition, but I strongly believe that we just might be a bit better off vaping the least amount of flavors as we can. Does that make me want to vape unflavored? HELL no. :p

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks, Seleya! Phiniac does SUCH beautiful work! My first carto tank was the Moon Fairy, and I still marvel at it.

The unregulated aspect of it all. I really don't want to blow myself up!

Wise thoughts! :D

AllElse, I believe you're very new to vaping. I've seen your posts on a few threads now. If I'm out of place suggesting this, just slap me, but I feel the need to tell you to take it slow and easy. It appears to me that you just might be on information overload. When I started vaping, I learned so very much by taking my sweet 'a' time and watching tons of videos. Of course ECF was extremely helpful as well. Be easy on your self, yeah? Again, if I'm stepping out of line here, just tell me to mind my own beeswax.

Not that I actually have any beeswax, but.

So I was just about to buy some 100ml bottles for my juice when I thought, der, you already have 12 x 100ml baby bottles.. Perfect !

apjv3s.jpg
14xgxvn.jpg

It will be a nice orange colour when it's steeped. 11 days to go :(
For once a man being resourceful woohoo

OH KOOL!!!!!! You da man, RIX!

My children are 15, 9, 8, 3 (all boys) and our little girl, 2. (Yes, she wanted a girl, finally mission complete lol)
There won't be any more, I've found a new hobby now ;)
We have our work cut out, that's for sure.

Ya think? :D

You've had some great suggestions here. Battery safety IS important.... of the utmost importance, but you will be fine if your batts are in a protected case.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Wise thoughts! :D

AllElse, I believe you're very new to vaping. I've seen your posts on a few threads now. If I'm out of place suggesting this, just slap me, but I feel the need to tell you to take it slow and easy. It appears to me that you just might be on information overload. When I started vaping, I learned so very much by taking my sweet 'a' time and watching tons of videos. Of course ECF was extremely helpful as well. Be easy on your self, yeah? Again, if I'm stepping out of line here, just tell me to mind my own beeswax.

Not that I actually have any beeswax, but.

No, thanks for that. I agree. I am very new still to vaping, not even 2 months in yet. I'm one of those people who is always "all in" once I start something. I mean, I actually have a 6 worksheet spreadsheet in Excel, just on my vaping experiences! I even have a Daily Usage Tracker so I can figure out exactly how much I'm vaping per day. That said, I have decided that there are some aspects of vaping that I am going to take slower and am choosing one thing to focus on. I need to really be involved so that I am not tempted to go back to analogs, ever. The more ya know. :) I have decided that right now I am only going to focus on learning to build coils. In the meantime, I bought a crap-ton of them from Fasttech so that I am in no rush. I am not going to worry about unregulated mods, DIY juices, sub-ohming or temp control. I would much rather be comfortable with one aspect at a time. Now that I have discovered my favorite juices, and juices that will keep me off analogs, I am ready for the next step in learning. But, just one step at a time. :) Thanks for the great advice.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Having said that, your Boopsie Doop recipe looks wonderful! I hope someone here DOES make it and gives us feedback on it. Andria might be up for the strawberry challenge. ;) C'mon, Dria....... do eeeeeeeet!.

I don't use any of those flavors -- I'm one of those tiresome diketone-avoiders. ;) TFA Sweet Cream has them, Capella Sweet Cream does not; I only use DX Bavarian, not the original; and so far, I don't have any TFA Ripe Strawberry, though it's going to be one of my next acquisitions; I'm going to use 8% of it with 8% Capella Sweet Strawberry to try and replace this expensive Inawera Shisha Strawberry. I think TFA Marshmallow has the diketones too.

But, I already have a great Strawberry & Cream recipe (my own creation!) -- without diketones. :D

Andria

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
DB......... awwwwwwwww...........

Made me sooooooo happy to see you pop in! You started the best thread on ECF, girl!

:D
Hey gorgeous!!! Thanks so much. I may have posted the first post, but it was you and all the other ladies who made this thread what it is. Thanks all so much for keeping this thread all about beautiful, stylish, elegant and/or girly vapes!!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
View attachment 472302

(youwho..... @ScandaLeX ..... come in and post your white mod collection!)

Hey there stranger!!!!

I know I've asked this before but going to ask again.... which mod is this?

I'm slowly coming back on ECF. Have some family issues going on & then found myself needing eye surgery. Gonna have to wait on the white collection pic.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hey gorgeous!!! Thanks so much. I may have posted the first post, but it was you and all the other ladies who made this thread what it is. Thanks all so much for keeping this thread all about beautiful, stylish, elegant and/or girly vapes!!!
Your welcome :p

Reactions: Katdarling

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
View attachment 472302

(youwho..... @ScandaLeX ..... come in and post your white mod collection!)

Hey there stranger!!!!

I know I've asked this before but going to ask again.... which mod is this?

I'm slowly coming back on ECF. Have some family issues going on & then found myself needing eye surgery. Gonna have to wait on the white collection pic.
Hope you are doing better! I hate to see one of our own having problems! Prayers and good karma headed your way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread