istick mini 10w

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Ok I bought an istick mini 10w and vapes out of the box until the battery was dead. Charged the battery until the display no longer showed % just like the paper that came in the box said. Took it off the charger and started vaping 3-4 puffs later the display reads 81% then 3-4 puffs later goes back to 100% then after the next puff it reads 99%. I'd there a problem with this device? I've tried google and nothing about this comes up? Should I just ignore it and keep vaping or try to exchange it bought from mad vapes if that matters

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Well I called the number and the guy told me to charge it to full and see if it does it again.
Also he told me that I would have to pay for shipping both ways if I do send it back. I only paid 29.99 for it and had sold two of my others egos for the cash so if it is defective I will just toss it and not buy any more eleaf products. Even tho I really like the size and vape it provides. Also drained the battery from full to 0 in a little over 3 hours but I am a heavy vaper. Went thu like 3 ml of liquid on the charge so idk if that's normal or not.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Yea that's what I was thinking but was unsure bc all my other batteries are vv egos 1300mah to 2200mah and I get about 4 hours out of the 1300s b4 they get weak
And most of a day with the 2200. All of my other batteries are made by tesla.
Just pulled the mini off the charger and it doesn't seem to be doing it again. Hopefully it's a one time thing like the customer service guy said if so I'd give the mini like 4.5stars it vapes really nice even at 4.0 volts is better than a fully charged tesla spider or spider 2 imo. Will reply if it does it again

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
You might also be seeing the battery itself just "settling". By that, I mean that just after you vape, the battery has somewhat drained, but as it cools down, batteries sometimes regain a bit of their charge as the chemicals inside "settle". Not a scientific explanation, I know, but I've observed the behavior on several, if not all batteries.

Last edited:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Personally, I would not chuck the thing as your battery is obviously holding a good charge. So why not use it and vape off of it? It's probably just a glitch in the firmware. This doesn't sound like a safety issue. Of course you may be the type of person that won't tolerate a small glitch in which case the only alternative is to return it or scrap it. If it was myself, yes, I would be a little disappointed with the glitch but I would also probably use it was well.

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
    Jul 27, 2015
    Just noticed one thing, Shannon said she vaped it straight out of the box till it died, and all manufacturers say for best battery life to charge the battery fully before first use. The battery usually only comes with a partial charge and while these batteries don't have a memory problem per se, that initial full charge is important.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread