Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
It comes with a TC coil installed. Lacking a TC mod, and for comparison to what I know and lurrrve, I removed it and set it aside for future use. I installed a new, authentic eleaf dual coil, rated at 1.5 ohms, and showing as 1.6 ohms on an istick 30w.

Gran...EXCELLENT review!!!

With you now having a "TC-capable" GS Tank and a couple TC Heads...sounds like you're ready for the "Big Time"!

$27.75 w FREE shipping (code SUMMER15 )...less than the cost of ½ carton of analogs...and you can move up a notch in "e-cig vaper status"...

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Starter Kit - $37.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Burn3d

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
California
I have a GS Air that needs a base, mine stripped. Normally I wouldn't bother but I miss usin that tank and gave my wife the other one. I only bought the GS Airs because I was waitin on some sub-ohm tanks from a co-op. By the time the sub-ohms got here I didn't really care. The GSAs were doin a fine job. I was surprised how hard I could hit em without any dry hits. I had the ST Mini for about 4 weeks before I unboxed it.

I thought I was the only one. My original GS Air stripped too. I was told it's never happened to any one else. I was worried it was my istick 30 so I purchased 2 new GS Air Ms and a tiny 510 to 510 adapter.

The stripped original GS Air threaded on to the 510 adapter but it finally stripped off that too.

The GS Air Ms, so far, have held up nicely

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
After reading all of this about the threads, I'm going to go add some more tanks to my coil order! Best stock up instead of ending up without!

Yes, I'm still loving this tank. :)
I probably missed some posts, but I'm the only one I know of that has had the threads fail on one.
ETA: Add Burn3d :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Can anyone tell me the basic difference between them all? The original Air, the Air M and the Air MS...
I can. They look different and hold different amounts of juice...:)
ETA: The M and MS have a bit more air.

Burn3d

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
California
Can anyone tell me the basic difference between them all? The original Air, the Air M and the Air MS...
I'm sure others know alot more but the main difference is the air flow valve

The original GS Air required a tiny screwdriver to open or close air flow. A mjor pain and inconvenience

The newer M and MS have a sliding base that is much more convenient.

I own the Air M and the original and the Air M is a great tank. Easy to adjust airflow and holds 4ml of liquids or there about.

They all use the same coils

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Size--height, diameter and capacity. Somebody posted a side by side picture a long time ago. I wish I could find it... :facepalm:

And AFC--the original has an AFC screw that can only be adjusted with a screwdriver. All the others have an AFC ring.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I can. They look different and hold different amounts of juice..

Can you still adjust the airiness down to say, the amount of airiness in the original?

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I'm sure others know alot more but the main difference is the air flow valve

The original GS Air required a tiny screwdriver to open or close air flow. A mjor pain and inconvenience

The newer M and MS have a sliding base that is much more convenient.

I own the Air M and the original and the Air M is a great tank. Easy to adjust airflow and holds 4ml of liquids or there about.

They all use the same coils
Size--height, diameter and capacity. Somebody posted a side by side picture a long time ago. I wish I could find it... :facepalm:

And AFC--the original has an AFC screw that can only be adjusted with a screwdriver. All the others have an AFC ring.
Thanks, this answered a lot of questions. I can google to see them, but wanted to know what main thing in the function was different. I guess I should have specified. So, its basically the way you control the air flow and then of course, looks and capacity. I get it now. :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thanks, this answered a lot of questions. I can google to see them, but wanted to know what main thing in the function was different. I guess I should have specified. So, its basically the way you control the air flow and then of course, looks and capacity. I get it now. :)
They vape pretty much the same.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I can. They look different and hold different amounts of juice...:)

Plus the AFC on the M and MS is different - instead of a screw, like the original, it has a controller on the base that you turn.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for that link..I didn't even realize I could do that! And cheaper than buying a whole different tank, for sure. I have bookmarked the page to look at later. :)

Yup. It makes a huge difference. Any of the three versions will work--just make sure you get the right diameter.

P3 was a prototype. :facepalm: Then Kanger added AFC valves and changed the name to Aerotanks.

Burn3d

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
California
I need advice. I just started using one of the new organic 1.2ohm coils and I think I screwed it up.

I want to give a review of the new 1.2ohm coils but I need advice

I put it in a GS AIr M tank and I thought I primed it well enough. I usually just take 7 or 8 dry hits on a new coil while letting it sit for 5 minutes but it gave me a very bad throat burning hit of I guess burnt cotton.

It continued to give these throat burning burnt hits for about 10 hits. Did I screw up taking my first hits at 4.4v? I know people say to start at low voltage on a new coil but I didn't. I forgot

What is the proper method to prime a coil? Specifically these new cotton 1.2ohm ones

I've never had a problem with the old 1.5ohm coils using the method is described

I'm thinking of tossing the coil after i get advice as it's still not giving good hits. They taste bad and burn my throat. Not a throat hit but burning my throat. About 15 hits in to coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread