Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Try closing off the two holes furthest from your coils, just give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Yup I've been pinching off the two holes furthest from the coils. Maybe it's my build but I don't notice a huge difference in vapor and flavor. I'm going to run it wide open for a couple of tanks then I'll close of two with tape for a couple of days to see which way I prefer.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
Try closing off the two holes furthest from your coils, just give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Also, make sure your coils are level with the deck screws, or higher. They have to be super high up to be in the middle of the air holes..

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I decided to butcher the airflow ring for the two hole option. I used an x-acto knife to cut two square holes. I cut them square for two reasons, easier to cut right angles and square holes will indicate two holes are closed off. They aren't the cleanest openings but no whistle and working well...

e157764b0279499ec6e8aea7227cfbc0.jpg

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I've enjoyed this atty so far.. easy to change coils and wicks... nice airflow options... hits so well I have to lower nic levels... nice juice capacity... easy to refill. The only problem I have is that you need to be careful carrying it in your pocket or laying it down because it does leak juice if your not careful. Overall, a good purchase for my vaping style at a wonderful price. Thank you @roxynoodle for the introduction.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Oh, you're getting leaks? I haven't yet, and admit I've been carting it around with me. I'm calling it my 50W tootle puff, lol!

It's funny... I only get leaks when I don't have it in my hand. That might be by design... an atty you just can't put down.

Reactions: roxynoodle

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Yes, I'm rather infatuated with it. I can't believe I'm vaping something at 50W with 4 huge airholes open and its as mild as one of my tight airflow single coil attys :). Love my current build, but admit rebuilding it won't be fun if I'm in a hurry.

Please stop mentioning your quad build. I don't want to rebuild my atty tonight...

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No.. that doesn't make me feel better. A mesh fire by an experienced builder... that is scary.

Not experienced with gennies though :?: I used to have a Sat22 clone. I only built it once, but with mesh. It worked fine, but the air was too tight. Someone gave me this Origenny v2 clone a couple weeks ago. I did a rayon build, and it was good, but not stellar. So tried mesh tonight and holy crap :shock:

I just redid it with the exact same build and its perfect. Not even a hotspot to work out. No more mesh fires, lol! I feel better now.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Not experienced with gennies though :?: I used to have a Sat22 clone. I only built it once, but with mesh. It worked fine, but the air was too tight. Someone gave me this Origenny v2 clone a couple weeks ago. I did a rayon build, and it was good, but not stellar. So tried mesh tonight and holy crap :shock:

I just redid it with the exact same build and its perfect. Not even a hotspot to work out. No more mesh fires, lol! I feel better now.
I have a few Origen atties and have wondered how they compare to the gennies in terms of flavor. Care to compare?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have a few Origen atties and have wondered how they compare to the gennies in terms of flavor. Care to compare?

Compare to other attys? I don't have any Origen drippers. Give me til tomorrow so I can torture test and let the build break in. Its already 1am here. I didn't think I would try again tonight, but I get determined when something doesn't go right for me :D I couldn't sleep on it, or I would've been up half the night thinking about it.

Reactions: mr.fabe

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
It's funny... I only get leaks when I don't have it in my hand. That might be by design... an atty you just can't put down.

I take mine with me everywhere and haven't had any leaking issues with it. Not that it spends a ton of time sitting on it's side, but it's certainly not upright 100% of the time in my pocket.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I take mine with me everywhere and haven't had any leaking issues with it. Not that it spends a ton of time sitting on it's side, but it's certainly not upright 100% of the time in my pocket.

I don't know what it is... sometimes it leaks... sometimes not. Could be the heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread