Copper Creek Chit Chat, Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Well, Melanie didnt get to stay with the coach she had last season. I dont know how, or why, but he was only able to get two picks. The team she did get on has a never coached before coach. He's played baseball in college and slow pitch softball... But I have a feeling I'm going to be helping out a lot this season. Especially with Kat not playing this Fall.

And... $43 in screws for the bike has been ordered. FORTY THREE DOLLARS. In SCREWS. :facepalm: BUT... They're ordered. Which is a good thing. I've been getting the itch to ride lately, but cant until the screws all come in.

Time to fire up the Netflix and watch Lost with the wifey. Tonight is the first night she's been home with me since last week. I'm still trying to figure out how we both became single parents without separating or getting a divorce. :blink:

Yall have a great night!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I feel pretty yucky today. Two weeks ago my doc prescribed a new med for me. It made me very drowsy so I take it at night. When I went back yesterday he doubled the dose. I was fine yesterday and took the medicine before bed at the higher dose. When I got up this morning I was feeling a little off but it hit me like a bulldozer at work. First I started getting a little dizzy. Then the room started spinning to the point that everything became blurry. I knew there was not way I'd be able to finish my dogs so I told the owner that the other groomer was going to have to finish them today. I could literally at that point walk a straight line. Before long I got nauseous. Then I started throwing up. I literally had to sit at work for over an hour until I felt like I could drive home. Once I got home I ended up sitting over the toilet for 45 minutes. I called the doc and asked if this was a side effect of the increase in med dose. Yep it is. He asked me to please stay on it and give it a few days for my body to adjust to it. I told him that I would give it a little more time but that it is affecting my ability to do my job. Hubby happened to have some phenergon. I don't thing I spelled that right but it is basically a med to stop nausea. I first checked to make sure there were no interactions for that with my other meds. I then took one and thankfully it''s getting better. I can stan without stumbling like I'm drunk, the room stopped spinning so bad and the nausea is subsiding. Ugh!!

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Running around a bit today. Ace hardware 12 wide mouth pint jars with lids and rings 8.00 great deal. Then Lowes for Great Stuff foam sealant. Saved the best for last. Marcie and I are going to Tractor Supply. Dog food, Bail of pine chips and what ever else falls in the cart. :lol: :lol:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Well, I wont be having as much monetary fun as I would if I went to TSC, but I did find a place about 30 mins away thats kinda like a junk yard for bikes that has my bike's twin in the yard. I'm hoping to find several replacement parts in good (read CHEAP) condition that I can use to replace the parts that I scuffed up when I laid the bike down a couple of years ago. Things like mirrors, signal generator cover, and hopefully a couple of fairing and frame cover pieces. It just depends on how much these folks value their junk. And if they know that there are a lot of pieces for my bike that arent made anymore.

And so, I bid you all adieu. Until tomorrow!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yes, I agree with Bamrz. A cellphone isn't bad. We went to just cell phones and no land line here. I don't get near as many sales calls.

I'm feeling somewhat human now. The medicine I took for the nausea helped tremendously. I'm gonna hang in with the new med a few more days and if it doesn't get better then I'm not taking it anymore. It was so bad this morning I was contemplating making a trip to the ER.

I felt better enough to go ahead and go to my eye appointment. I was correct that the glasses I got a few months ago are not what I need. I had single vision but he said I really need bifocals. I'll have to go through the frames I've favorited on Zenni and pick from the ones that will be able to be used for bifocals therefore I can't promise any words won't be misspelled or unintelligible. :laugh:. Hubby took me to the appointment and since it was directly across from TSC we made a stop in there and picked up some seeds for hubby's fall garden and some stuff to make pepper jelly because we have so many peppers coming in and need to do something with them.

Just put some chicken in the oven. I'm not feeling like being creative with making a side dish so it will be veggies from the can. I am going to cut up a cantaloupe here shortly. That may be about all I have for tonight. I'm afraid to do anything to make me feel sick again, like eating for instance. :laugh:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Howdy y'all!

It really IS almost Friday!

I wouldve been in sooner, but we had an All Hands "Let's everyone clap for the sales teams since they're the ones that actually make the money for the company!" Blech. They always forget that if Ops wasnt around, they would be selling a bunch of nothing to their customers.

Anywho. My House Blend came in, along with a new pair of Bottle Buddies. MAN I love those things. I didnt really NEED new ones, but I am replacing them anyway. How could you go wrong with something that holds an 18650, a 6ml bottle, plus a spare ProTank?! I had one in my pocket when I was unceremoniously shoved into a pool, and everything survived! Even the battery! I've had my daily needs in one ever since.

My trip to the used bike parts store was a flop. When I was talking to the lady over the phone, she said she knew which bike I was talking about. I even sent her the link to the ad that I saw my bike's twin. She said they had just about the whole bike, including fairings, engine, frame, and more still there. I drive 45 minutes in the wrong direction from home to get there. Turns out, she was looking at the wrong bike. They had very few parts left from the bike in the ad, and nothing I needed. The hour and ten minute ride home.... took.... TWO HOURS. As I'm getting closer to the house, I keep seeing the "time remaining" on the GPS increasing. 1:10. 1:16. 1:24. 1:47. At that point, I said forget the interstate, and jumped off on to a "back" road. It made no difference. It turns out, there were three wrecks on the interstate, and two more on the back road that really isnt a back road. It was right at 7:00 when I got home. I still had to cook for the kids. And it was too late to make it to the gym. That one trip to the bike parts place was not only a waste of time, it also ruined my entire evening. Ungh.

BUT... I did get all of my screws ordered. Everything should ship before the end of the day today, which means they'll deliver early next week, which will mean I should be able to be back on the bike by the end of next week. Kinda cant wait to get back on two wheels.

Well, I better go. I still have another pallet to wrap up, and all of them still have to be strapped/banded down before lunchtime.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good afternoon. I went to a meeting at the high school this morning to meet with Morgan's teachers and her case manager that will be the one handling her special ed papers, etc. It's a new coordinator this year and undoubtedly some info did not get passed along to the new one and they messed up her schedule...3 times...in one day. :facepalm: They finally got her schedule the way it is supposed to be so we took a walk on the campus and showed her where her classes will be. She seems excited but very nervous. I can't believe school is already starting back. Seems like the summer flew by.

Once Morgan and I got home hubby was prepping food to make up the dog food for another two weeks. What a mess but working together the whole time we can get it done in and cleaned back up in about 2 hours. Alex is working on school work and Morgan is enjoying her last day before school starts. Morgan went ahead and got her chores done but Alex has to wait until he finishes his assignments for the day before he starts on chores. I've got a load in the washer, a load in the dryer, and a load going in the dishwasher with more ready to go in when the other finishes. I'm finally sitting down and haven't made up my mind on what I'm doing the rest of the day. I know one of the things is that I need to pick out new frames for my new glasses prescription and order them along with the absolutely most hideous pair of frames in existence that Morgan picked out. I swear they look like BC glasses but a little worse :laugh: Undoubtedly that is the style right now.

Hubby is working on the leather holster he's making for one of his guns. He's having a ball learning how to do some of this stuff.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Face-you-make.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread