Sub RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

macpeace

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
OK • SOONER
Hi I have the Kanger subox mini kit that came with the subtank and rda section. I really like the ability to build my own coils, but am not crazy about the rda section, or the tank in general. I have had some dry hits even with cotton bacon v2, and I have watched all the build vids out there, Im not perfect but I think I am doing it correctly. I was thinking of getting the s-kit for my kayfun 4 but am not sure I could get enough airflow vs a subohm tank. So I am looking for a quality tank, I can build .5 single coils on. I am new to the subohm world as I have always used mouth to lung provari to kayfun setups. Please advise.

macpeace

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
OK • SOONER
Thanks. The reason I want the tank is so I can travel without carrying a bottle. I tried dripping and it is better for home but not practical during the day for work. What your response lacked was actual suggestions of products. Why is it the subohm tank market is following the model of buying pre-built coils? I don't like that because I have really enjoyed building the Kayfuns and Squape, etc. I like building and it is cheaper. Is there no Kayfun esque type sub rta? That is kinda what this Kanger is but it just seems flimsy to me and, there is a screw you gotta take out, and it doesnt take much wick, and it doesn't feel like a quality RTA does to me. So I was looking for something better I could build and use with subohming. Basically, forgive my ignorance, but it seems the subohm tank just has a massive airflow section that my K4, Squape-R, KF Lite plus's don't. Surely, someone makes a nice quality subohm tank you can build on??? I am asking because I don't know and want the advise of ECF community, which I value the opinion of. Thanks

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks. The reason I want the tank is so I can travel without carrying a bottle. I tried dripping and it is better for home but not practical during the day for work. What your response lacked was actual suggestions of products.
Of course it lacked actual suggestions of products. actual suggestions of sub ohm tanks wasn't requested.
If you like building coils, that's great. But if you want something you don't have to worry about, for what ever reason it is, then may I suggest something that WORKS ( like your subtank) that you don't have to fuss with. As you said, or suggested, RTAs are a pain in the ..... However, RDAs are very easy to work with and perform much better than RTAs for when your at home.

macpeace

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
OK • SOONER
Ok Thanks! When I said, So I am looking for a quality tank, I can build .5 single coils on. I thought that implied I was wanting suggestions. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for taking the time to offer help. I am thinking of getting a RDA for home. I have had a low quality one I never bonded with in the past, but I was pretty new to vaping at the time I messed with it. There are sooo many choices for RDA's it is almost overwhelming. Thanks again friend.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Ok Thanks! When I said, So I am looking for a quality tank, I can build .5 single coils on. I thought that implied I was wanting suggestions. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for taking the time to offer help. I am thinking of getting a RDA for home. I have had a low quality one I never bonded with in the past, but I was pretty new to vaping at the time I messed with it. There are sooo many choices for RDA's it is almost overwhelming. Thanks again friend.
From my basic understanding, its about post design and air flow design. Those are two big factors but it seems theres a lot of RDAs that people are happy with. So find someone who has the same RDA that you have whos also not happy with it and find out what they like. That's my suggestion.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I too was going to suggest getting an rda; using your rda at home will end up showing you the basics of rebuilding and figuring out what you are happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread