Aspire Atlantis v2 - recommended battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawbonejim

Jun 4, 2015
So just to keep you guys updated I've went for:

-Aspire Atlantis v2
-IPV Mini 2
-And before reading the above I did go for the Efest 2500mAh but the write up seems good so I'm not too worried about that at the moment

I know you can charge the battery through the IPV Mini 2, is this recommended? Once it all arrives my next challenge is finding my preferred voltage as per the two different included coils then maybe try my hand at rebuilding the coils once they're dud.

Thanks a lot for the help guys I'll keep you updated on my sub ohm vaping journey haha

Last edited:

KeyserSozeDoesExist

Verified Member
May 3, 2015
So just to keep you guys updated I've went for:

-Aspire Atlantis v2
-IPV Mini 2
-And before reading the above I did go for the Efest 2500mAh but the write up seems good so I'm not too worried about that at the moment

I know you can charge the battery through the IPV Mini 2, is this recommended? Once it all arrives my next challenge is finding my preferred voltage as per the two different included coils then maybe try my hand at rebuilding the coils once they're dud.

Thanks a lot for the help guys I'll keep you updated on my sub ohm vaping journey haha

Sounds like a nice setup. Enjoy dude.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
The Atlantis v2 comes with a 0.3 and a 0.5 ohm coil. I also just purchased two packages of the 0.3 and two packages of the 1.0 ohm coils (MFS 40% off coils sale). You can definitely rock the 0.3 ohm coils at 70-80 watts, although the vape gets pretty warm and the tank bottom heats up quite a bit. I was vaping it at 60 watts with no noticeable loss of flavor and very little loss of vapor.

I'm currently using the 1 ohm coil in an Atlantis 1 and I am vaping it at 40 watts. With just the one air intake in the bottom hardware versus two in the Atlantis v2, the tank bottom does start to heat up if you start chain vaping. I believe Aspire rates the wattage of the 1 ohm coil higher than the 0.5 ohm coil because the wick holes have been redesigned and are much larger on the new coils. The 0.5 ohm coils that come bundled with the Atlantis v2 has these larger wick holes as well.

A good mod for the Atlantis v2 will be one that tops out at a minimum of 60 watts. Such as the new Innokin MVP 3 Pro (60 watts), or the IPV Mini 2 (70 watts, but smaller than the Pro) or the SX Mini M Class. Any of the Sigeleis such as the 75 watt, 100 watt, or 150 watt models will work fine if you don't mind a larger size. The larger size will also include the IPV4.
How do the 1 ohm coils compare to the .3 & new style .5? I use my Atlantis 2 on my Sigelei 50w Vr2 with no problems. The .3ohm coils perform pretty well at 45-50w and that's 35-30w less than their max recommendation.

I wish i would of read this thread before making the purchase i did last week.

Long story short, i had to quit cigs, ordered a Halo G6 starter kit w/ some Sub Zero eL. I never touched another cig! That was a year and a half ago. I have been using low resistance cartos on a standard G6 battery and thoroughly enjoy it, but filling cartos can get old pretty quick. I truly LOVE SubZero eL, and my usual order is 12mg Nic.

So i figured it was time to experience the "real" vaping world, did a fair bit of research and last week i pulled the trigger. I am in love with Carbon Fiber so when i saw the Aspire CF Mod i was in love! So i placed my order:

Aspire Atlantis V2 Sub-Ohm Tank
Aspire CF MOD
2 Sony VTC4 2100mAh 18650 30AMP-Flat Top Batteries
Charger

I was so excited to enter this new would and could not wait for the postman to arrive. I received my package last Friday. I watched tons of vids on YT to make sure i had the correct assembly process down. Got everything together, batteries charged and was ready to enter this new world.

I filled the tank with my favorite Sub Zero eL, let is soak in well and primed, but when i took my first pull i about gagged. It is pretty much unbearable, feels like its burning a hole in my throat! I have tried adjusting different settings with the airflow intake. It came with a 0.3ohm coil installed, and a spare .5. I have tried the 0.5 coil and although its much cooler, its still not much difference.

So what am i doing wrong? Is SubZero not compatible with Sub-Ohm vaping? I am totally lost and bummed out that i have this awesome looking new toy and fully unable to use it. Ive been reading for 3 days now and seems Nicotine level can really affect the taste.

So I had some sample eL laying around from Mt Vapor, it was Max VG and 0 Nic "Happy Rancher" flavor. Im not really liking the flavor but i AM finally able to use my new device, but its not really a pleasurable experience.

I am disabled and work from home on the computer, im pretty much a 24/7 vaper, so you can probably imagine just how many cartos i go through. I hoped with this new equipment cartos would be a thing of the past.

So where do i go from here? Would dropping the Nic level in Halo Sub Zero to 0 help? and maybe try a 1.0ohm coil?

From the sound of the thread my Aspire CF Mod battery is not really the best choice? Why the f%&# would aspire sell them like they are fine paired together?

Maybe i would be better off with a different tank style such as a Aspire Nautilus Clearomizer?

Its been a pretty frustrating couple days, thankfully i keep a pretty substantial stock of my go to setup of Halo G6 cartos and i must had a dozen batteries lol

Anyway, sorry for being so long winded, just venting my frustrations and looking for advice solutions.

If you got this far, thanks for reading and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Scottie

Reactions: GoBlue88

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I wish i would of read this thread before making the purchase i did last week.

Long story short, i had to quit cigs, ordered a Halo G6 starter kit w/ some Sub Zero eL. I never touched another cig! That was a year and a half ago. I have been using low resistance cartos on a standard G6 battery and thoroughly enjoy it, but filling cartos can get old pretty quick. I truly LOVE SubZero eL, and my usual order is 12mg Nic.

So i figured it was time to experience the "real" vaping world, did a fair bit of research and last week i pulled the trigger. I am in love with Carbon Fiber so when i saw the Aspire CF Mod i was in love! So i placed my order:

Aspire Atlantis V2 Sub-Ohm Tank
Aspire CF MOD
2 Sony VTC4 2100mAh 18650 30AMP-Flat Top Batteries
Charger

I was so excited to enter this new would and could not wait for the postman to arrive. I received my package last Friday. I watched tons of vids on YT to make sure i had the correct assembly process down. Got everything together, batteries charged and was ready to enter this new world.

I filled the tank with my favorite Sub Zero eL, let is soak in well and primed, but when i took my first pull i about gagged. It is pretty much unbearable, feels like its burning a hole in my throat! I have tried adjusting different settings with the airflow intake. It came with a 0.3ohm coil installed, and a spare .5. I have tried the 0.5 coil and although its much cooler, its still not much difference.

So what am i doing wrong? Is SubZero not compatible with Sub-Ohm vaping? I am totally lost and bummed out that i have this awesome looking new toy and fully unable to use it. Ive been reading for 3 days now and seems Nicotine level can really affect the taste.

So I had some sample eL laying around from Mt Vapor, it was Max VG and 0 Nic "Happy Rancher" flavor. Im not really liking the flavor but i AM finally able to use my new device, but its not really a pleasurable experience.

I am disabled and work from home on the computer, im pretty much a 24/7 vaper, so you can probably imagine just how many cartos i go through. I hoped with this new equipment cartos would be a thing of the past.

So where do i go from here? Would dropping the Nic level in Halo Sub Zero to 0 help? and maybe try a 1.0ohm coil?

From the sound of the thread my Aspire CF Mod battery is not really the best choice? Why the f%&# would aspire sell them like they are fine paired together?

Maybe i would be better off with a different tank style such as a Aspire Nautilus Clearomizer?

Its been a pretty frustrating couple days, thankfully i keep a pretty substantial stock of my go to setup of Halo G6 cartos and i must had a dozen batteries lol

Anyway, sorry for being so long winded, just venting my frustrations and looking for advice solutions.

If you got this far, thanks for reading and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Scottie
The problem isn't that the Subzero juice is incompatible with sub-ohm vaping. The problem is that your nic level is too high for subohming. When I was using the Halo Triton, I vaped Subzero at 24 mg. Then when I upgraded and went to the Nautilus with their 1.8 ohm coils, I dropped down to around 12-15 mg. When I started subohming, I dropped down to 6 mg and now I'm starting to drop down to 3 mg. If you're vaping Subzero at 12 mg, I would suggest going directly to 3 mg. The high nicotine is causing the burning sensation you're feeling in your throat. Because subohm tanks can produce a lot more vapor, this also means you're getting a lot more nicotine as well. You can also go with a higher VG juice that will also lessen the throat hit, although it is the nicotine that plays a much larger part of the throat hit.

The Aspire CF Mod goes up to 30 watts, and will work down to 0.5 ohms. Not sure how you were able to even use the 0.3 ohm coil. However, I believe the mod essentially functions like a mech mod, but with all the protections of a regulated mod. The CF mod will work fine with the Atlantis tank, however a better choice would be a variable voltage/variable wattage mod where you can fine tune your vape to match your individual preferences. My suggestion is to not use the 0.3 ohm coil with the CF mod, and just stick with the 0.5 ohm coil. There are plenty of low cost mods out there that can give you around 50 watts, and can go down to 0.2 ohm (so it can handle the 0.3 ohm coil) and will also allow you to vary the wattage to fine tune your vape.

These are just my personal preferences, but when I was using the Atlantis 0.5 ohm coils, I liked it around 30-35 watts and the 0.3 ohm coils I liked around 50-60 watts (even though the "recommended" wattage is 70-80 watts).

Reactions: ocscottie
Thanks for the reply / advice. Damn i just got 4 30ml bottles of SubZ in 12 Nic! I might give them a buzz and see if they will exchange them. Heck i can go 0 Nic, im totally over it and mainly vape just for the flavor. Hope they will exchange them, i have been a solid customer since day 1.

What about 1.0ohm coils? Aspire also has them, or should i just stick with the .5's? I do need to order some.

Really stoked on the news that its just the Nic level, though i have found a couple flavors i enjoy, nothing comes close to SubZ for me. You have made my day! :cool:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thanks for the reply / advice. Damn i just got 4 30ml bottles of SubZ in 12 Nic! I might give them a buzz and see if they will exchange them. Heck i can go 0 Nic, im totally over it and mainly vape just for the flavor. Hope they will exchange them, i have been a solid customer since day 1.

What about 1.0ohm coils? Aspire also has them, or should i just stick with the .5's? I do need to order some.

Really stoked on the news that its just the Nic level, though i have found a couple flavors i enjoy, nothing comes close to SubZ for me. You have made my day! :cool:
To be honest, I'm not very fond of the 1.0 ohm coils for the Atlantis. They're still pretty airy, but don't give a big of a punch as the 0.5, so they might help. If they won't exchange it, perhaps you can try getting some more at 0 nic and then mix it. If you mix it 50 percent 0 nic and 50 percent 12 nic, then you will get 6 mg nic. Or 2/3 zero nic and 1/3 12 mg nic will give you 4. A cheaper alternative would be to try just buying a bottle of glycerin (VG) and mixing it with the Subzero. That will reduce the nicotine level, but it will also dilute the flavor some. Since Subzero is such a strong menthol, it might not dilute the flavor that much.

Reactions: ocscottie

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015

You can also just order some zero nic of the flavor you like and mix it with your 12 nic bottles to get a nic concentration that you like. That's pretty common.

I've also done the opposite. I got a bottle of flavorless 30mg nic juice that I add a drop or two to any juices that aren't giving me the kick I need.

I didnt even think of mixing Nic levels, i may as well go that route, im gonna be buying more in the future anyway. I've been up almost 24 hours (major insomniac) so by brain is pretty toasted.

btw: called my local Vape shop and they have the .5 coils in stock. Now i just gotta get there
:thumb:

You guys rule! :thumbs:

Reactions: jseah
One last question: When ordering eL from a place that the PG/VG ratio is variable, would the best be 70VG/30PG or 100%VG? (6mg Nic) in my Atlantis.

There is one other Menthol flavor i like ("Ice Ice" from Vape Dudes)

Ive actually been hitting it all day today in my G6 and really enjoying it, very "clean" hit. But the bottle i have is 50/50 12mg. Would be a major throat burner in my new rig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread