Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Right now the Crown is my favorite tank. My Subtank Mini is collecting dust. I really like how the coils are presented when you order them as well. This thing on my SXM at 460 F and 50 Joules blew some really nice flavorful clouds.

Yes, they take pride in their coils! And really, if a tank mfr. doesn't take pride in their coils, it's either just an RTA--or if it doesn't have a RBA head, it's a worthless tank. The coils matter so much! That was one of my biggest issues with all the other tanks I had and got rid of: inconsistent, poorly made heads.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Crown Sub Ohm Tank Coil Pack by Uwell 25 Ohms 4 Pack | eBay
Crown Sub Ohm Tank Coil Pack by Uwell 0 15 NI200 Ohms 4 Pack | eBay

I don't have any affiliation with this seller, but I have purchased from him/her. $14.99 with free shipping for the coils heads. :toast:

Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Replacement RBA Rebuildable | eBay

RBA deck for$16.75 with free shipping. I actually have bought from this seller too (and no affiliation).

The price wars have begun and it's only getting lower now. One of the beautiful things (for customers) about the ebay structure--the sellers have to do something to get a look over the other sellers with the exact same products.

Last edited:

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, the Crown came today.

I cleaned both it and my Herakles. On new .2ohm coils...I hate to say it, but the Herakles edges out the Crown a little bit in regards to flavor.
I put two of my favorite flavors through them. One crazy thing though, is the very slightly smaller drip tip from the Herakles, improved the Crown.
I think stuff like that is crazy. It would seem insignificant. But it made a noticeable difference. The same was true putting the Crown tip on the Herk. It slightly muted the flavor. I'll compare more flavors and see. In regards to flavor, I have to call it real close, and call it a Sidegrade.

I think, if such small things matter, the Herakles may be benefitting from the coil sitting higher, so there is less distance for the vapor to travel up the chimney.

Both coils wick superbly, and I can take them both well beyond their recommended wattage with no ill effects. Which when compared to the STM, I found it had a narrow range of good operation, before the flavor would go flat, or get "burnt" hits. Not burnt cotton, but burnt juice.

Now, the upsides to Crown...It holds a little more juice, I think. I didn't measure, but you can figure that out just by looking at how much room the coil chamber takes up in the Herakles. I LOVE the top fill design on this so far. The Cthulus is terrible, the Lemo2 is too tight, and the hole is too small for eye droppers. The Crowns is clean and easy, with no loose O-rings to lose (GEM). The airflow seems comparable to me for both the Crown and the Herk, but the crown has finer control, where the Herk has three options, and you can't close it down past the smallest option.

So, for now, I have to call it a sidegrade for flavor, with some pros in the Crowns favor. I'm happy I got it, I will definitely enjoy it, but it's not a Herakles killer. I will not be trying the Starre. I see no need. With this experiment, I have to hedge my bets that all the reviewers that claim the top tanks are the Atlantis/Herakles/Starre/Crown as far as flavor are correct, and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Not on this list is the Subtank Mini. While it has some nice features, and I can see it's mass appeal for those features, great flavor isn't one of them.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Finally broke down and put the RBA in my crown. The suspense was killing me even though the stock coil was still going strong. Lol. Put my standard nickel build in there .14 ohm wicked up easy peasy. Build is as simple as my sub mini's. Slightly more restrictive airflow. I'm guessing it's due in part to the RBA base air hole and the horizontal coil vs the vertical stock. I don't mind I can actually run wide open now as opposed to halfway with the stock. Flavor is definitely better. This tank and RBA just moved to the top of my favorites list.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Ok, I am intrigued by all of the positive reviews of the Crown. I have the Starre Pro, but not overly impressed with it.

Looking at getting this..what are all of the prebuilt coil options for it (I don't want to build my own) -- and what would you recommend for which coil has produced the best flavor so far? The .25 coil, the Ni coil, or something else?

ALSO - where have you guys found the best deal for a US supplier that has the Crown, with replacement coils, in stock?

Reactions: Clark Kent

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Ok, I am intrigued by all of the positive reviews of the Crown. I have the Starre Pro, but not overly impressed with it.

Looking at getting this..what are all of the prebuilt coil options for it (I don't want to build my own) -- and what would you recommend for which coil has produced the best flavor so far? The .25 coil, the Ni coil, or something else?

ALSO - where have you guys found the best deal for a US supplier that has the Crown, with replacement coils, in stock?
Coil options are .25 and .5 dual coil SS.
1.2 single coil and .15 ni200 dual coil.
All are available on eBay.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
The quality and workmanship put into this tank and the coils leads me to believe that this company intends to be a front runner for the long haul. Unlike many other sub tanks this doesn't look like it was rushed into production just to get in the game. The machining and attention to detail from the coils to the IMHO best top fill design on the market, make this tank a top contender. I don't expect a version 2,3,4 etc... Because they did it right the first time.

Reactions: jmercury1

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I also have a Starre Pro that I was told was from a first batch that had some leaking issues. Thing leaks no matter what I do into the base and then out the airflow holes. The leaked juice gets onto the base of the coil and affects the temperature control as the resistance jumps around and the coil burns. I was told that later Starre Pros were fixed, but this bad experienced soured me to towards it, especially since I really did not think it was much better than an Arctic with a nickel coil. Really did not enjoy the top fill design as the same way you turn the valve on/off for the top fill is the same way you screw that top filling lid back on, that is a poor design in my opinion, but, again just my opinion.

I have a Crown coming and due to the ability to program in TCRs am hoping that I can use stainless steel coils with my DNA200 and temperature control. Really looking forward to receiving the crown because of what I have been reading about great build quality, ease of filling, and flavor.

I ordered both these products from Vape Royalty. The customer service there is the best I have ever experienced from any vendor of any product. They acknowledged the leaking issue and offered to send me a new Starre Pro with the leak fixed or offer me store credit. I opted for the store credit and they are sending me the Crown (which costs 4 dollars more on their site) without charging me the difference and sending me a pre-paid box to send back the coils for the Starre as well. Great experience with Vape Royalty and Jake, the customer service rep, standing behind that product and really working with me to make things right. This is a vendor in California (I am in New Jersey) and the shipping and responses from customer service have been super quick. Just my plug for Vape Royalty because I was so impressed, so I apologize for that off topic rant.

I'll be posting my impressions on the Crown compared to the Starre Pro (nickel coils in each for a straight comparison). I really hope the Crown is everything I read it to be.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I'm not here to offend anyone but everybody who has the crown tank, if you get a chance to try the tfv4 with the quad coil you are in for a shock flavour wise, I have tried a lot of tanks and nothing compares to this, it has to be three times the flavour of the Starre for example. It really is incredible.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Vape Royalty is the bomb and even if something cost $1 more you should buy from them. There service is absolutely outstanding.

I really enjoy my Crown. It is just a great tank and plays well with power and flavor. I also felt cheated with the Starre Pro, but I do believe if someone was a buying a tank today the Crown with 4 extra coils (7 total) would hit you about the price of a TFV kit with 2 coils. The build quality for both tanks is top notch.

The only answer is to buy both haha. The grass is always greener xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread