Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Finally got my goblin mini in a couple days ago. Really like it, seems to have really good flavor. Using a single coil 28g build at 1.4ohm at a lower wattage right now (15-20w). Probably going to do a single ni200 coil next, and maybe dual Ti after that. Wanted to try the single coil for juice economy and it seems to be doing fine in that regard.

I dont seem to mind the glass DT as much as others. The bottom fill is annoying, but I knew that going in, and for the size I'm fine with it. The machining/qc seems pretty good on mine, a noticeable improvement vs my og goblin.

All in all I'm happy with it thus far.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I like how small the tank is without the 510 adapter so I've been using the Ego One drip tips. Just took a dremel to the 510 section to cut it off. Fits on perfectly, nice and tight. No more cleaning the drip tip :)

I'm also impressed at how well this thing functions as a MTL as well. Great little versatile tank.

Put this thing on an Ijust2 battery or the Istick 40w and you have a very stealthy little vape.

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
Since there are two threads and someone asked for builds Ill post the one I just completed here.

New build. 3mm ID 8 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal.

As can be seen it is a very tight fit.

Wicing the thing was a pain and I have no clue yet if it will leak.

It appears to be wicking ok from 30-40 watts.

The airflow is pretty tight with that large coil and wic in there.

Flavor isn't that great, but the build I had before wast either, maybe I'm spoiled after using the mutation v4 and the sapor a lot in the past week.

Overall, I don't know. I'll keep using this setup for a few days and see what I think. Next build will be a 2.5 mm twisted 26 build.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Since there are two threads and someone asked for builds Ill post the one I just completed here.

Flavor isn't that great, but the build I had before wast either, maybe I'm spoiled after using the mutation v4 and the sapor a lot in the past week.

I tried a 3mm coil as well and wasn't impressed with the flavor. 2.5 seems to be much much better. I think it just allows for decent airflow with the smaller diameter.

Reactions: KentA

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
Just got mine. Liking it quite a bit so far. Only real gripe is the flat head fill port screw and the tiny o-ring likes to fall off.

I wasn't a fan of the glass drip tip, not long enough and got too hot. Thankfully my favorite drip tip (the original lemo drip tip) which has always been a tight fit in every mod that I've tried fits great into the adapter.

It can also be a little tough to pull apart since there isn't much to grab onto on the bottom of the tank.

Oh, the machine oil was as bad as my lemo. Didn't notice that on my v2 (1.2). Took a good long rinse and lost some juice in the process.

As for the pros. There is a good bit more room between the chimney and the side walls so it seems to wick better. It also makes it easier to fill. I've been able to just squirt juice in from a dripper bottle and haven't had a drip come out of the tip yet. I'm able to get a few more watts out of my build. I'm assuming due to better wicking. Loving this little atty at the moment.

Oh, I should mention that I've just been using a 2.4mm coil around a blue screwdriver. I use dual 8 wraps of 26. 28 has always worked fine as well. I just get slightly better flavor out of 26 and it seems to be easier for the wick to keep up for some reason. 28 gets hot fast. Don't get me wrong, its still a good vape. I've been running with the airflow wide open at around 38w. Keeping up so far.

Last edited:

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
I tried a 28/30 clapton and that was a tough fit. Didn't work out too well for me.

I did just pop a 9 wrap dual 30ga ni200 build into my mini and its working surprisingly well. Had to wrap it around the screws since it did not work out too well with the holes, that just cut the wire every time.

Reactions: Mrmik

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA

As can be seen it is a very tight fit.

Wicing the thing was a pain and I have no clue yet if it will leak.

It appears to be wicking ok from 30-40 watts.

The airflow is pretty tight with that large coil and wic in there.

Overall, I don't know. I'll keep using this setup for a few days and see what I think. Next build will be a 2.5 mm twisted 26 build.

Very nice with photos!
I will be trying with 30 ga Ni.
Wicking is crucial to [revent leaks or dry hit. If juice channels are not covered properly, it will leak. If they are too stuffed, it will cause dry hits.

Reactions: BagrX2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread