bunny-hop-o.gif

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Just got an email - an FDA workshop indicated that "Second hand vapor" is a non-issue. Bystanders had biomarkers 5000 times less than those of actual vapers. Also, "People who solely use vapor products show NONE of the biomarkers associated with tobacco or tobacco related diseases, in a study done by one of the presenters, aside from nicotine."

KEEP THE PETITION ROLLING!!!!!!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Just got an email - an FDA workshop indicated that "Second hand vapor" is a non-issue. Bystanders had biomarkers 5000 times less than those of actual vapers. Also, "People who solely use vapor products show NONE of the biomarkers associated with tobacco or tobacco related diseases, in a study done by one of the presenters, aside from nicotine."

KEEP THE PETITION ROLLING!!!!!!
Glad to hear my email updates actually make it out to people, and that at least some really do read them :D

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Glad to hear my email updates actually make it out to people, and that at least some really do read them :D
I read your updates every time I receive them. I have also signed another petition. It was for dude with a wife and some alhzheimers drug. Having a relative in the last stage taking a bazillion drugs a day, I related.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Thanks, I thought about waiting for the official 26k, but wanted to include the bit about the FDA workshop while it was still fresh in my mind.

If you get a chance, watch it. The afternoon session relates to vapor products and the last two speakers in particular are definitely worth watching, as well as the panel.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
25,988 :D

390-year old white pine bonsai tree.
YamakiPineCrop.jpg

Fascinating! Made me curious and I looked it up.

This tree has been trained into a Bonsai for almost 400 years, the result of 6 generations of hard work and patience by the Yamaki family. But what makes it really special is that it was in Hiroshima when the atomic bomb fell in 1945; the tree survived and was later donated to the National Bonsai & Penjing Museum in Washington (Image courtesy also by the museum).

Thanks, I thought about waiting for the official 26k, but wanted to include the bit about the FDA workshop while it was still fresh in my mind.

If you get a chance, watch it. The afternoon session relates to vapor products and the last two speakers in particular are definitely worth watching, as well as the panel.
Guess I should have checked my email today. :facepalm:

Enta

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015

..... Fascinating! Made me curious and I looked it up.

This tree has been trained into a Bonsai for almost 400 years, the result of 6 generations of hard work and patience by the Yamaki family. But what makes it really special is that it was in Hiroshima when the atomic bomb fell in 1945; the tree survived and was later donated to the National Bonsai & Penjing Museum in Washington (Image courtesy also by the museum)....

bliss-smiley.gif

I thought there might be some more tree people hanging around this thread.
hang-in-smiley.gif
smilie_girl_268.gif

Drinks are on me! We'll meet at the bar in the tree.....

Sunland Baobab - A Bar Inside a Hollowed Out Tree | Amusing Planet

2012-01-05-baobab2resize.jpg
2-Big-Baobab-Bar.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
26,217!

Looks like we owe a debt of gratitude to VAPE Magazine. Read Jacob Barger’s comment here Petition Update · Great news, from an unexpected source · Change.org Thank you Jacob and VAPE Magazine! :D

Etna – that is very cool and I know why DC2 wants to live in a treehouse. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can rent advertizing on the side of the second flight landing in this video for more widespread visibility for the petition?

Sleep well Mattiem! Look forward to the morning update. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
26,217!

Looks like we owe a debt of gratitude to VAPE Magazine. Read Jacob Barger’s comment here Petition Update · Great news, from an unexpected source · Change.org Thank you Jacob and VAPE Magazine! :D

Etna – that is very cool and I know why DC2 wants to live in a treehouse. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can rent advertizing on the side of the second flight landing in this video for more widespread visibility for the petition?

Sleep well Mattiem! Look forward to the morning update. :)

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! I forgot there was a space for comments on my updates and I never get any kind of notifications, though I did see some and was reading through them this morning.

We are definitely reaching more of the community than I have direct access to, which is fantastic. I can only imagine what the numbers will be like once we get some of the more "official" entities behind us.

Users who are viewing this thread