Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Ohio is one of the states that heavily leveraged their MSA payments and future tobacco tax revenue into tobacco bond issues. It's no surprise that any state in this situation (NY, CA, and OH have the highest bond debt) would be pushing for the FDA regulations as a way to keep people smoking to avoid default on their bond issues. While the MSA was a bad idea to begin with (because it made states more dependent on current smoking rates), the tobacco bond investments by the state were an even worse idea.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I don't live in Ohio, but I'm sending this to my friend who does, and sharing here for fellow vapers in Ohio - let these jerks know IT'S NOT SMOKING. IT'S NOT TOBACCO. BACK OFF!!

Brown and Seven Other Senators Press FDA to Take Action on E-Cigarettes | Press Releases | United States Senator Sherrod Brown
Hmmm...the lineup has changed a bit. Some of the same ol' players, some different.

The letter was also signed by Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii).

The article itself is a vaping attack job worthy of breaking the link, but the key info is an important alert of more deviant public health behavior by the Senate Democrats. I say keep the link intact and bust those Senators and their funding.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So they're at it again.
What is this, the third time?

Six US Senate Democrats urge FDA's Hamburg to impose false fear mongering warnings on e-cigs, while claiming to want accurate warnings | E-Cigarette Forum
--Durbin, Blumenthal, Boxer, Brown, Markey, Reed

Left wing Senate Democrats send another letter to DHHS Secretary Burwell urging issuance of Final Rule for e-cigs | E-Cigarette Forum
--Durbin, Blumenthal, Boxer, Brown, Markey, Merkley, Murray

And now, as others have said, there are some of the same cast of characters, and some new ones...
--Durbin, Blumenthal, Boxer, Brown, Reed, and now Udall, Klobuchar, and Schatz

Glad to see Reed is back on board!!
:banana:

Good times.
Yes, good times indeed.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I've seen Klobuchar and Udall involved in other shenanigans before
EDIT: I'll have to look into that tomorrow

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I saw that our illustrious Ms. Boxer was signatory to this (no surprise there). Unfortunately, after wading through her self-promotion on all the regulation (intrusion) she's been involved in and praise for Obama, no press release or update on her site that I could comment directly on; I already sent a letter to her about the press release back in January, with no response (no surprise there, either).

I guess I could pee in the wind again and send another email... *sigh*

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I saw that our illustrious Ms. Boxer was signatory to this

That's SENATOR Boxer!!
proxy.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpU_BYI9d24

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Please note that most (and perhaps all) of these sign-on letters urging FDA to impose the deeming regulation
were authored by Big Pharma funded CTFK lobbyists, who then solicit the signatures, and help draft the press releases.

Same thing goes for the sign-only letters to FDA from DC medical and health organizations, State Attorneys General, etc.

These letters have CTFK's finger prints all over.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
That's SENATOR Boxer!!
proxy.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpU_BYI9d24

Oh boy.... thanks for sharing that. I'll stick to "Ms. Boxer", especially if I ever had the opportunity to address her personally. But now that I've seen this, I may just call her "Barb". :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
They want testing and manufacturing standards. I don't see a problem with that...
They are urging the FDA to get the deeming regulations in place.

Those deeming regulations extend far beyond what you think they do.
And most defintely WAY beyond just testing and manufacturing standards.

I really don't understand why you work so hard to downplay everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread