Are there Tanks that work at around 0.1ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
buy this and tell me if it works, haha.
$26.06 Authentic UD Goblin Mini RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
IMO it looks like it may have enough airflow to cool ~0.1 builds and I'm curious since my daily build is 0.12.

You could also just go for the original Goblin $11.89 Goblin Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping which has dual 3mm air holes, though I'm not sure if these can wick fast enough for builds that low however I was able to successfully build the Lemo to 0.22 with only one 3mm air hole using rayon wick, so there's hope.

Edit: I should mention, I no longer use the Lemo as it lacks airflow for my style of vaping and it was one of the only RTA's I've bought in the past year, as they all seem to lack airflow. I would like to find a low profile tank that can handle my vaping style, the Goblin mini looks promising, I'm waiting for the reviews on FT to come in...

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

Ert3

Feb 3, 2015
ok i will prob look into them, i got an authentic Zephyrus and a clone Kayfun Monster from FT, neither are really hitting the spot but the Monster even with only having the single coil shines most for me
I've very recently managed 32g core 34g wrap nickel builds and that's what I would recommend you use based on space concerns

From my mobile

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Hell, I still use my Kayfun Lite+ v2 with an Ni200 build in it @ 20-30J on an IPV3-Li. So I literally have no clue as to a tank that can handle that kind of heat @ .1 ohms or lower. The coil I have installed Is reading at .244 at room temp and .251 after heated. I'd say maybe if it had PEEK insulators in it, then maybe. But even then, at that resistance...

Deap

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
The Billow is about the only thing that has even close to enough airflow. Honestly no tank has the air flow or can wick close to fast enough to support a .1 ohm build. I have a kayfun lite and a billow. I personally don't bringing either below .3 just because of the heat and I like longer hits. The billow can hang at .3 but it always runs the risk of a dry hit and burning the cotton if you drag too long.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I just got the billow V2 last week. It's got good airflow, but not .1 ohm good. I've got it built at about .6 right now. It dry hits on around the 3rd consecutive puff at 35W. Even with the big juice channels it can't wick fast enough to keep up with a build that low. At 30W it's great though. 7 or 8 lungfuls without a breath in between before it dry hits with 85%VG.

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
I think the tfv4 might just be that if you use the dual coil Rba base which is sold seperate but I'm positive this is a cloud chasers tank.
Got mine today and couldn't agree more. So much air!!!!!!! The stock quad coil head is at .15 and at 100watts and 90vg juice...wow I'm surprised NOAA isn't calling for a hurricane with these clouds.

Edit: mine came with the kit which included the single coil RBA. There is a dual coil available but that costs about 10$ and is separate.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
idk, tanks generally dont work well in lower resistances unless you build em really really good. I tend to sit at .7 or so in my goblin and goblin mini, and thye chuck clouds and vape up to most any temp I like.

I will say though I have a .3 tiger wire build in my spare goblin mini (I took the plunge XD) and it is surprisingly vaping like a beast at any wattage I throw at it. even at my VS DNA40's 40w cap, its rockin and rollin. bout to try throwing it on a mech and trying it from there. otherwise though, I'd keep it reasonable. I dont see a issue doing a 8 or so wrap 26g kanthal build if you must have your low ohms. but a 7 wrap 28g kanthal works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread