4th Unofficially Official Halo Chat Thread: The Sequaling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Morning everyone. So we had a pretty crazy day yesterday (yes more than usual)

Neighbor's house burned down and ours is mostly OK but really melty on that side and smells awful in our bedroom. Thankfully everyone got out OK, even the cats. Fire is one of my biggest fears so I didn't get any sleep last night [emoji19] hopefully tonight will be a little better.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Wow,always. I'm glad you're ok and you didn't get any too bad damage. I hate fires.
Me too Fran. I've seen far too many of them and it makes me very paranoid. After the insurance adjuster shows up I'm sending hubby to check every outlet and lightbulb and everything. Might be irrational but it scares me to death

Reactions: FranC

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Me too Fran. I've seen far too many of them and it makes me very paranoid. After the insurance adjuster shows up I'm sending hubby to check every outlet and lightbulb and everything. Might be irrational but it scares me to death

You have every right to be scared. That's some scary chit! Do they know what caused the fire?? Good thing everyone is ok.

Reactions: FranC

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
always, just wow. Glad no one got hurt.

I also have a fear of house fires and poor electrical. Please everyone, make sure you have good recent fire alarms and CO alarms with fresh batteries. They WILL save your life, and your families.

And if you are not trained in electrical work, please don't do any. Even replacing an outlet or a light switch is dangerous of not done correctly. And almost right is wrong.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
always, just wow. Glad no one got hurt.

I also have a fear of house fires and poor electrical. Please everyone, make sure you have good recent fire alarms and CO alarms with fresh batteries. They WILL save your life, and your families.

And if you are not trained in electrical work, please don't do any. Even replacing an outlet or a light switch is dangerous of not done correctly. And almost right is wrong.
Yeah hubby is trained in the basics and can do outlet replacements etc but he doesn't mess with the big stuff. Thankfully our home's electrical, plumbing, etc was all updated in the 90s so I'm less freaked. Had the firemen been 3 minutes later (already took them 30 minutes from time of call [emoji35] ) we would've lost at least half ours too.

I'm getting pretty bad anxiety even seeing the house now. I've been keeping the curtains closed and avoiding looking at it when I'm outside. It will probably be months before things are normal around here again if not a year. Sorry if I sound whiny, it really did a number on my mental issues haha

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Oh and we definitely have a co alarm and change all batteries in smoke alarms. A few years ago our old furnace gave up the ghost but was still half running. The kids somehow didn't get sick but I was very sick and probably would've died if I hadn't got ahold of hubby to come turn it off. So that can be just as dangerous as a fire

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Oh and we definitely have a co alarm and change all batteries in smoke alarms. A few years ago our old furnace gave up the ghost but was still half running. The kids somehow didn't get sick but I was very sick and probably would've died if I hadn't got ahold of hubby to come turn it off. So that can be just as dangerous as a fire

This worries me more than a fire for sure. Odorless gas that can kill....frightening. I need to get those alarms for it. We don't have them :eek:

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Yeah hubby is trained in the basics and can do outlet replacements etc but he doesn't mess with the big stuff. Thankfully our home's electrical, plumbing, etc was all updated in the 90s so I'm less freaked. Had the firemen been 3 minutes later (already took them 30 minutes from time of call [emoji35] ) we would've lost at least half ours too.

I'm getting pretty bad anxiety even seeing the house now. I've been keeping the curtains closed and avoiding looking at it when I'm outside. It will probably be months before things are normal around here again if not a year. Sorry if I sound whiny, it really did a number on my mental issues haha
Good thing your hubs knows the basics. 30 mins for FD to get there? Sounds like where I live....jeez. Hey always, I found a neat trick for anxiety....blowing bubbles, yeah, that's right. Bubbles. Something about the way you have to take deep breaths on the inhale. I know it sounds weird, but it works a little bit....and it's fun (lol)

Oh my, that's some dangerous stuff. A miracle your little ones didn't get sick too.

Good morning,halons:)

The anxiety is normal,always:( It doesn't pass quickly:(
Good advice Fran

This worries me more than a fire for sure. Odorless gas that can kill....frightening. I need to get those alarms for it. We don't have them :eek:
We don't either Angi. We really need to get some before winter comes this year

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
omg, really???

I think it is New York State law that every residence MUST have a CO detector and smoke detectors. And I believe every home should have one.

Cases in point: My across the street neighbor's CO alarm went off. She called 911 and the firemen responded. (Across the street from me is the Holmes Fire Department. And the volunteers are all very local. I think their average response time is under 10 minutes.)

Anyway, they said the levels were very high, lethal even. If she did not have an alarm, her 3 kids and herself would have most likely been found dead.

And this May, during an unusual cold snap, my next door neighbor turned on her furnace. The CO alarm went off. Same deal, lethal levels. It was her and her unborn baby, her nephew 2yr, and her dog... All safe, thanks to the alarm.

These alarms are between $25 and $60 at the Home Desperate, depending on options. 9 volt, or lithium battery for 10 years, or plug in with battery backup.

Please, my friends, this weekend, go to the Home Depot, or Amazon has them. And get a device that will SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

(steps off soapbox, heads upstairs to check the CO alarm...)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Totally agree Dave!

Glad you and fam are okay Always!!!!

Diva, don't wait until it gets cold to think about getting a CO detector!

AngiBe, don't forget to charge the camera!

Psyc, it wasn't just me that had a vision of Always out there in costume trying to douse the flames with a hose, right?

Fran, I'm almost afraid to ask what a 'personal' fire is ...

Wheez you make a good point regarding the hawt Halon wimmenz ... ain't no structure safe when they are around ... 'specially in bikinis!

Speaking of warnings, I think it's only fair to advise said hawt Halon wimmenz that Dave has a new tool in his stalking arsenal ( sorry Dave ) ...

CCLngWLUAAAic05.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread