Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Update: it is stage three. He starts treatment the day after Labor Day, and if it responds, it could go into remission giving him 10+ good years. If it doesn't respond to treatment, we're looking at roughly 2 1/2 years max.

There *is* hope... my ex-husband was diagnosed with stage *4* Hodgkin's Lymphoma when he was 28.... he's now almost 63. Hang tough!

Andria

josh w

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
michigan
He and my mom went to South Dakota for two weeks so maybe that will keep his mind off it. As for me, I have next week of so I planned myself a little camping fishing trip for ten days and we will deal with it when the time comes. He is enjoying himself and I plan to as well.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi, Shari, welcome back to the cyber world! :) I wondered when you would show up. I was starting to think you'd had another surgery and were incapacitated. :(

In all fairness, @rangerrobin was the one who first suggested using System Restore on your computer, I just agreed with her. I'm glad it's working for you and hopefully it continues. If not, you'd better dust off the old wallet and spring for a new laptop. We need you around here. :wub:

HI to you too! This laptop is only 1.5 years old, a Dell from Costco. It is a piece of excrement. (Hope I can say that here...) I have been having problems with it on and off for many moons. So far it is working somewhat.

I will find out by the end of the week when my back surgery is scheduled. I asked for a date around the 15th of September so I am just waiting for the call and details. I know I will be in the hospital for 3 or so days and then will be transferred to a rehab hospital for 1 to 2 weeks so I can practice standing and walking again. No bending or twisting. I am scared to death but have to do it.

I know the rehab hospital will let me vape since that is the same rehab our friend was in and I was able to vape while visiting him. I will take my laptop with me but I am not sure if I will feel like using it.

They are telling me as little as possible about the surgery and how long it will take for me to be able to do my list of things I rattled off to the dr. I hate vagueness, I want facts: those I can deal with. Little things I got out of the nurse and my pt lady leaves me to believe that I am looking at weeks and not days for me to be able to take care of myself and go home. DH can not lift me and do the daily care for me. So looks like a 'vacation' for me.

I will post here and let you know what the date is. DH does not know how to use the computer so he can not update for me. I still have to get a cell phone. (I know, I am a dinosaur.)

I have not felt like talking much lately. Trying to get things set for my surgery next month.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Good luck and God Bless. You still have my number if I can help.
HI to you too! This laptop is only 1.5 years old, a Dell from Costco. It is a piece of excrement. (Hope I can say that here...) I have been having problems with it on and off for many moons. So far it is working somewhat.

I will find out by the end of the week when my back surgery is scheduled. I asked for a date around the 15th of September so I am just waiting for the call and details. I know I will be in the hospital for 3 or so days and then will be transferred to a rehab hospital for 1 to 2 weeks so I can practice standing and walking again. No bending or twisting. I am scared to death but have to do it.

I know the rehab hospital will let me vape since that is the same rehab our friend was in and I was able to vape while visiting him. I will take my laptop with me but I am not sure if I will feel like using it.

They are telling me as little as possible about the surgery and how long it will take for me to be able to do my list of things I rattled off to the dr. I hate vagueness, I want facts: those I can deal with. Little things I got out of the nurse and my pt lady leaves me to believe that I am looking at weeks and not days for me to be able to take care of myself and go home. DH can not lift me and do the daily care for me. So looks like a 'vacation' for me.

I will post here and let you know what the date is. DH does not know how to use the computer so he can not update for me. I still have to get a cell phone. (I know, I am a dinosaur.)

I have not felt like talking much lately. Trying to get things set for my surgery next month.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hang in there Shari, you have my number too. :)

Reactions: ShariR

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I hope I'm still welcome in this thread! Hello old friends, so much has changed in my life lately and it feels good to come "home" finally!

(((((((Shari, Lori, Thaya, Robin, Andrea, Ethereal, Jazz, oh heck everyone!!)))))

Hey FQ, wondered where you'd wandered off to. :D

Andria

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
OMG, FQ!!! It's so good to finally see you again! I've thought of you and wondered about you so many times, you wouldn't believe it. You were always such a big part of this thread and have been sorely missed. How are you doing? How are DDs 1 and 2?

Welcome Back!!!!!

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
DD1 is 18 now, withdrew from public school with 2 credits to go in her Senior Year!!! So she's doing adult ed at home on the internet to get her diploma, although she apparently is in no big hurry about it. DD2 is 7 and in 2nd grade this year, and broke her hand on the school bus on the 2nd day of school. She has a cool lime green cast that makes a great weapon when you get whacked in the face with it!

I'm still not smoking, and these days I don't have to fight the urges anymore. I have no idea what my quit date is, or how long it's been, and I guess once I stopped counting it all just fell into place. I might, for kicks and giggles, go back through my posts to see when I last smoked, I bet it would surprise me!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the last time I logged in here was like March! That's way too long to be away from friends. I'll definitely become more active here, it's good for my health!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Apparently it was in the vicinity of September 22, 2014 when I last smoked. Wow, such an underwhelming 1-year anniversary. No breaking ashtrays or burying lighters or fireworks or champagne!

I had my 1 yr no-smoke-a-versary on July 25... These were my presents... ;)

redandpink.jpg

Actually ordered the red one... the pink one was done in error, so they offered it to me at cost... ;)

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hey Robin, congrats! We'll celebrate in style, right?

Andria, how beautiful! Not a shabby gift to give yourself, woman!

I agree! And I'm such a tightwad penny-pincher, something like this kinda guarantees that I'm gonna stick to vaping for the LOOOOOOONG haul... no way would I want such beautiful mods to go to waste, and nobody else can use 'em... ;)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread