FDA On The Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
check my post in the media section below.
a district court has ruled in favor of these
types of statements as being protected
under the freedom of speech clause of the
constitution.
as long as it's factual and its not implied
it means by other statements to mean any
thing other than what the fact states.
the FDA no longer has the authority to
assume what statements of fact imply.
the disclaimer´s the FDA wants May not
in fact be required legally.
regards
mike

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Anyone seen an American Spirit ad lately? They have "Organic tobacco does NOT mean a safer cigarette" and "No additives in our tobacco does NOT mean a safer cigarette" all over them. Yeah, the FDA is an on the ball organization.
It's on their packs, too.

Reactions: Racehorse

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm not sure they are safer. I switched to them last year when I was going through another quit. I remember tons more tar from them than the Marlboro lights I was smoking.

Am Spirit was my brand.

One day when I still smoked, I tried a Marlboro and a Winston. The "sickly chemical taste" almost made me sick, and almost like they had put sugar or something into the paper or tobacco as well.

That's when I knew that American Spirits just didn't have as many chemicals in their product.

(I am what they call a super - taster.....but I didn't know this. I have to dilute all my vendor eliquid by at least 1/2----usually more------if I am keeping it...... and can taste ingredients in foods served in restaurants that nobody else can perceive.) It certainly made it MUCH HARDER to start vaping, as every ejuice I bought pretty much almost knocked me over with flavoring. I thought I was not going to be able to vape til I figured this out!

Reactions: DC2 and Tagi

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Why oh why must I begrudgingly drink coffee that I don't find hot enough from almost every coffee house/fast food joint in the state?

Never happens to me. But I certainly do hate coffee that is so hot I can't touch it to my mouth. I give that stuff back and make them dump it.

Why am I forced as a 30 year old man with no children in my home to constantly open child-proof medicine bottles?

Never happens to me. I just sign my preferences at the pharmacy i use and I have never been given a child proof bottle. Nobody has ever forced me to have a child proof bottle.

It's about CHOICE.

I'm really happy they have child proof bottles for people with kids.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The good thing is the tobacco companies will sue; they won't just roll over like the vaping industry has so far...

The vaping industry doesn't want to spend the money I guess? I see and hear very little about expenditures to protect and uphold vaping by "most" of the vendors?.

Except for Totally Wicked, who spent some dough hiring lobbists and a legal team to defend vaping. By the way, you want to deal with some professional folks, ....night and day to many of the "fly by nights" I've dealt with.......

Reactions: stevegmu

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The vaping industry doesn't want to spend the money I guess? I see and hear very little about expenditures to protect and uphold vaping by "most" of the vendors?.

Except for Totally Wicked, who spent some dough hiring lobbists and a legal team to defend vaping. By the way, you want to deal with some professional folks, ....night and day to many of the "fly by nights" I've dealt with.......

Them and NJOY are the only ones who have put up the money and have used the legal system, as far as I know. I guess everyone else will just ride their coattails...

Reactions: Racehorse

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Are you certain that is where all funds come from?
Seems I have read different.

Addressing the FDA’s Resource Challenges - Challenges for the FDA - NCBI Bookshelf

The more they can Deem and control the more income they gain.

Yes.

While fees do generate income for the FDA the taxpayer and consumers ultimately share the full cost of running the FDA.

FDA fees get passed on to the consumer, I presume most fees of which are taken in for medicine approval.

Tax money as I understand it pays for about half of the FDAs budget request. This suggests to me that fees are lower than they should be or that the FDA has very little efficiency in its operation. Maybe both.

I'd like to see a study that shows how many people have been saved by the FDA vs figures such as unemployment, I imagine the correlation might be interesting.

That we keep attempting to save people from themselves all the while realizing that overpopulation is an impending certainty is confusing to me.

Maurice

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Never happens to me. But I certainly do hate coffee that is so hot I can't touch it to my mouth. I give that stuff back and make them dump it.
I order my coffee from McDonalds with "light ice" so I can drink it without waiting 20 minutes.
Look into SFATA.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Is there really anybody that doesn't see what is wrong with the quote above?
If I have to spell it out, it's not worth the effort.

Yeah. I thought about spelling it out myself back there but I came to the same conclusion as you.

Reactions: DC2

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
If the FDA wants to do something, they should look into the crap fast food that is causing people to balloon. I love old movies and everyone was fit & everyone smoked if they damn well pleased. Not a coincidence I don't think. Just another bloated, over zealous regulatory body. Problem is, with ecigs, the facts don't support over-regulation, & I suspect the FDA already knows that.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
If the FDA wants to do something, they should look into the crap fast food that is causing people to balloon. I love old movies and everyone was fit & everyone smoked if they damn well pleased. Not a coincidence I don't think. Just another bloated, over zealous regulatory body. Problem is, with ecigs, the facts don't support over-regulation, & I suspect the FDA already knows that.

They did. That's why you can go to McDonalds and see just how bad fast food is on the nutrition information. People choose to eat themselves into an early grave, so be it...
How does anyone know what they will be do will be 'over regulation?' Nothing has been finalized...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread