GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
V4 versus V3 in Spheroid mod. It's funny the look of used cotton in the coil; in V4 like ears of Bugs Bunny and in V3 with "devil horns" ;-) Both working well!
IMG_20150825_105853.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
got the v4 today. amazing vape just like q promised. i too recieved a brass pin, so i sent an email to the address above. mine sticks out pretty far, wonder if the silver plated pin is shorter?

Both pins have the same length. How far it sticks out?

Reactions: Cucco

melodicstealer

Mar 12, 2013
Malaysia
Omg i just realized that after i read all comments above that im also receiving the brass pin..i didnt checked before ..

Btw..
Ok, put all the metal parts in boiling water with a drop of detergent or boil them in hot milk for a while, without the plastic parts and the O-rings and then build it again. You'll be amazed with the difference in taste :)

Thanks..will try tonight for sure..

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Omg i just realized that after i read all comments above that im also receiving the brass pin..i didnt checked before ..

Btw..

Thanks..will try tonight for sure..
We have found who didn't receive silver plated pins and we'll send them today, yours as well.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
This is normal guys. We did it to avoid lack of contact with other brands of mods and boxes. In our mods, the GPin can accommodate the triple length of this pin or just 0,1 mm protrusion, but there are boxes that need overly protruded 510 pins to make contact.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This is normal guys. We did it to avoid lack of contact with other brands of mods and boxes. In our mods, the GPin can accommodate the triple length of this pin or just 0,1 mm protrusion, but there are boxes that need overly protruded 510 pins to make contact.
Except for Provari (v2.5) mine's sit flush with all mods that I have.

20pc081.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Mine are like that too, they protrude more than my v2 and v3s.

Actually in a few days, when you receive the second silver plated pin, you can very easily rub the original brash pin over a grit paper to make its head thinner if you wish to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I have other atomizers, primarily RDAs, that have center pins that stick out very far (presumably to better facilitate hybriding) that sometimes present problems sitting flush on some mods. My comment about the Spheroid v4's center pin was just an observation - I haven't experienced any issues with it (although I'll have to try them on my Provari v2, which I hardly ever use anymore).

On a side note, I decided to try my hand at Genesis atomizers again and I'm finally having some success! I was able to get a nice coil and a solid unoxidized SS wick running this morning. I'm now trying to perfect wicking so I don't have to do the Genesis tilt all the time. I've been reading a lot of posts and watching a lot of videos and I feel like I've finally tackled this after 2 1/2 years of on and off attempts that often ended in frustration.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I have a question on the Paps X. The afc ring...is it open or closed when tight against the tube ot tight against the atty? I have an airy RDA on it and I cant seem to tell a difference, just curious? Thanks

The GP Paps X's AFC ring blocks the air holes on the top cap when you first screw it on; screw it down more to increase the air flow (I had to test this with a Spheroid v2 to be sure). You only need to concern yourself with the AFC if you're using an atomizer that gets airflow from the 510 connection. All of the RDAs that I've seen have independent airflow on their caps and the X's AFC ring is irrelevant - I think such RDAs look better without the gap when using an X ring.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
The GP Paps X's AFC ring blocks the air holes on the top cap when you first screw it on; screw it down more to increase the air flow (I had to test this with a Spheroid v2 to be sure). You only need to concern yourself with the AFC if you're using an atomizer that gets airflow from the 510 connection. All of the RDAs that I've seen have independent airflow on their caps and the X's AFC ring is irrelevant - I think such RDAs look better without the gap when using an X ring.
HAHA, yea the gap is what got my attention! So there is an accessory such as the X ring that flushes it all up when afc is not needed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
HAHA, yea the gap is what got my attention! So there is an accessory such as the X ring that flushes it all up when afc is not needed?

Yup ;)

GP PAPS X Ring

The GP PAPS® X ring, made from EU certified 316 SS or Aluminium Bronze (CuAl8 is a copper alloy) is a non adjustable air flow control (AFC) ring for a different look, when we combine the GP PAPS® X with an atomizer that has a side air flow.

Last edited:

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Yup ;)

GP PAPS X Ring

The GP PAPS[emoji768] X ring, made from EU certified 316 SS or Aluminium Bronze (CuAl8 is a copper alloy) is a non adjustable air flow control (AFC) ring for a different look, when we combine the GP PAPS[emoji768] X with an atomizer that has a side air flow.
Thanks for the clarification!! Another future order!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread