Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Now I feel old...time to take my Geritol and lay down for a nap. :D
Nothing wrong with naps... I take them as often as my law enforcement job, wife, two kids, and evil zombie cat allow.

Oh, and school, forgot about my Master's Degree program... that interferes with nap time, too.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
When it come to vaping, I just throw all caution to the wind and vape them however I want! Although lately, I have too many that I have bought and my OCD is kicking in and demanding that I start a strict method to adhere to. I do have a 8 worksheet Excel workbook that I use to keep track of it all though. Does that count for something?

If I had to pick from above, I would definitely choose FIFO...wouldn't want any to expire!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
With all due respect, and a smidgen of churlish snark, I keep my vaping and excel lives well separated. If I start intertwining them, the AR will be loaded with notes from the PWC auditors, and they are a humorless lot. They would probably ask for greenbar flavored juice reserves.

Not how I do it:
10693372_513911308744416_1309845110_n.jpg

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
I think I'm too dumb to hang out here. All these acronyms and terms I don't have a clue. I think I need a break.
Soooorry 'bout that. Was just teasing our fine Director of Accounting wih a bunch of abbreviations I haven't used since my corporate days, which ended long away and far ago. This is greenbar.
71dwrHKxLAL.jpg

Back in the days of black and white TV, it was used to print accounting reports, and stuff.
For what it's worth, in inventory accounting, FIFO=first in, first out. LIFO=Last in, first out.
GAAP=Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. PWC=Price (Thanks, Cheech) Waterhouse Coopers, a very large accounting firm. AR=Annual report (a collection of half truths and fibs issued by public companies once a year). And...no, I don't have a Tootle Puffer thread doppelgänger.

ETA: The best thing about greenbar paper was the sprocket strips, the perforated edges with holes in them for the printer's sprocket feed wheels. In six hour boring finance meetings, we used to tear them off. Whoever had the longest strip won.
Endlospapier_fan-fold_paper2.jpg

Some day an archeologist will ascribe religious significance to them.
img_02121.jpg

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Thought it was Price Waterhouse?
Yes, back in the days of The Big Eight accntng. firms. Then PW merged with Coopers & Lybrand and renamed itself PwC. I could tell stories, tales out of school, about how large companies tricked auditors into saying everything was just ducky...
Oh! You spotted my Prideful typo.
23m76t5.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread