RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Awesome! I look forward to your thoughts. I was actually looking at that today too, thinking about whether I want too buy one or not.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Smaller than the derringer with top airflow; sounds awesome to me. As much as I love my origen I always come back to the aeolus, I think top airflow is my favorite. Hopefully this like the aeolus with a bit warmer and denser vape.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Smaller than the derringer with top airflow; sounds awesome to me. As much as I love my origen I always come back to the aeolus, I think top airflow is my favorite. Hopefully this like the aeolus with a bit warmer and denser vape.

Looks easy to build too. If this was a 2 post design I would have it already lol. But the block post design is nice too. I'm just a little off put on buying anymore attys right now since I had such a bad experience with the low pro it's almost making me not wanna buy anything. So I will wait to hear what you think and go from there.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Wow, go away for a few days and come back to 70 new posts haha. I want a Thump as well, where did you get yours K? I also like a restricted lung hit, I think dual 3mm would be what I would go with if I had the option. Maybe 3.2 but probally 3. I also grabbed a couple Trinity Glass Comp caps. One for my Petri and one for my RH. The flavor off glass is crazy crisp.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I've been looking for a FLAVOR CHASING DRIPPER. I already have a few Tanks, so what I need now is a Dripper.
I could not care less about the Clouds, I think I've graduated from a Steam Train and now I'm just looking to chill. So with that said, a decent vapor producing atty but something that will throw Warm to Hot full on flavor DRIPPER.

I've been looking for a legit magma, but that's hard to find nowadays. The velocity is nice, but I'm a single coil guy. I had the Samurai Bonsai but it is just to darn small.

So, thanks guys. Hope you can give a few.

My picks and just my opinion:
Expensive - Marquis, the Origen V3 gets good reviews here
Middle - Vector, Royal Hunter
Cheaper - Sapor, Freakshow mini (bottom air hole leakage weighs against)

Keep an eye on the Classifieds for used authentic Magmas...hehe

Reactions: HeiSINberg

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Wow, go away for a few days and come back to 70 new posts haha. I want a Thump as well, where did you get yours K? I also like a restricted lung hit, I think dual 3mm would be what I would go with if I had the option. Maybe 3.2 but probally 3. I also grabbed a couple Trinity Glass Comp caps. One for my Petri and one for my RH. The flavor off glass is crazy crisp.
I bought mine from reputable dude on ebay as a way to prevent myself from ordering a bunch of other stuff like I would've had I bought from vapordna. (I always end up buying drip tips, new batteries, new juice and bunch of other crap I don't need when I order from them)

Reactions: HeiSINberg

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Here's a sign things are finally moving in the right direction. The Shingen rda. Two post and somewhat top air flow.
ea05b529cfbd730675fac0e8a8120b95.jpg

Those postholes looks so small. Looks like you would have trouble getting a twisted build in there.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Is there an advantage of the origen v3 vs the v2?
I have the v2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Basically just different aesthetics.

Edit: there may be a smidgen of an increase in air holes from the v2 to v3 and a smidgen of decrease in top cap size (only going off pics). Obviously the heatsink fins are there for a reason, but who knows if it makes much of a difference?! I think, ultimately, anyone interested in the Origen should just go with the one they feel looks the best (or whatever one they can find).

Last edited:

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Those postholes looks so small. Looks like you would have trouble getting a twisted build in there.
I could see where that would be a problem especially being a 2 post. But in my case I don't do twisted or claptons but I do see that being an issue if that's something you like.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Ordered a Hellfire 22mm short cranked dripper just now. It's super tight airflow (1mm air hole) but the flavor is supposed to be phenomenal and I'm starting to lean toward the tighter draw anyway. I'm gonna end up a tootle puffer before all is said and done lol.

I got one about two months ago with bottom feed. I asked Darren to drill it to 2mm before shipping it out. Fabulous craftsmanship. I really like the adjustable center post, no legs. I was hoping a really nice atty might pull me back to the tighter draw I used to like (reduce some juice consumption). But, as nice as it is I have not gotten along with it due to the draw. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait and see if I eventually move back towards that style or trade it for something more to my liking.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I got one about two months ago with bottom feed. I asked Darren to drill it to 2mm before shipping it out. Fabulous craftsmanship. I really like the adjustable center post, no legs. I was hoping a really nice atty might pull me back to the tighter draw I used to like (reduce some juice consumption). But, as nice as it is I have not gotten along with it due to the draw. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait and see if I eventually move back towards that style or trade it for something more to my liking.
How's the performance flavor-wise? The air hole is only a smidge smaller than the smallest on the MiniDrip which I've been enjoying quite a bit. It's been weird, I used to only use more airy drippers (relatively speaking) like the Tugboat V2 but lately I've only been using my Le Magister, MiniDrip and Magma. You usually see people start at the tighter draw end of the spectrum and move toward airier draws. I guess I'm a freak of nature lol. I'll still keep my Tugs and Derringers around but all of the RDAs I'm wanting to get (Origen V3, Snapdragon, NarDA, K.Loud +G, SOD 5K) are comparatively tighter draws.

Reactions: Verb

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
K.Loud +G

Can't find anything on the NarDA that I can link to. It's posted about on the High-End Mods forum but you have to be a member to see the posts. This is a quote from the modder (Nar) that designed it:
"Featuring a two post, centered coil build deck, deep juice well, flexible airflow options and a pretty leak resistant design. Production models will be made entirely of 316 stainless steel"
Not a lot to go on but it's the best I can do. He says it will be out in about a month and should be under $100. It's a single coil atty. I mean, I'm sure some people will find a way to get duals in there but I'd rock it single just cause I don't like getting complicated.

Reactions: 67Tele

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
How about the Velocity guys? Is it good for flavor? RIPtrippers and Richard Nang said it is a good flavor rda that can chuck some clouds.
No, but it's a great RDA to vape the unvapable juices ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread