Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
She's adorable...and it's time for some dumplings...(not her, the teenagers)

I have the recipe for Annoying Rooster Pot Pie memorized. :D It is sinfully delicious!

She is absolutely adorable. If my daughter saw it, she would be all over it.

And how I WISH I could give her to your daughter. She needs someone to "play" with and spend time with. If she were still with her mom and siblings, she'd never spend a second alone, but as it is, she has to stay in the pot most of the day, except when Rich or I can take some time to bring her out and play with her and cuddle her. The really unfortunate thing is she's imprinted on US, and has no idea she's really a chicken. She follows my hand like she would her mother, and she thinks my nails are mama's beak - she keeps looking for food there. I'm doing my best, but geez, it's hard work being a mama chicken. :rolleyes:

Rich is going to try to rig up one of the stand-alone nestboxes out in the coop, with some screening over the front so no one can get in (and she can't get out), and then we'll have to suspend the drop light in there for her heat. He was supposed to go shopping today, but it started raining, and all the feed would get wet on the way home, so he's going tomorrow. I guess Chicklet will stay in the house until at least Saturday afternoon. I need to rig up some sort of playpen for her so she can be on the table without one or both of us there to make sure she doesn't skitter off the edge and right into The Zipster's mouth. (Zip is the Dobie, and she's recently discovered the joy of hunting and eating small animals, so she's not safe around Chicklet.)

OMG, she just woke up again, and is peeping in her pot! LOL! She hates being left alone. Poor baby! :( I think she's just turning 3 days old now, because I'm just starting to notice the beginnings of her wing-tip feathers. Today is the day her mama SHOULD have brought her and the others out of the nest to start teaching them All Things Chicken. Hopefully, I'm doing a good enough job that she'll be able to integrate with the flock when she's ready to be released. I'm pretty sure she'll be a lap chicken for life, though. ;)

I'm sorry about all this chick-talk. It just seems my whole life for the last couple of days has revolved around her.

I DID work my way up to 7.5 watts tootling on the Disrupter, though. :D Hey, I had to start all the way down at the bottom, at 6 watts. And last night, vaping that delicious flower (honeysuckle?) juice with the iSub tank, I cranked it all the way up to 13.5 and ALMOST made a cloud! ROFL! It was bigger than my usual ones, anyway. ;)

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Oh, I missed a couple of headache posts. Sorry to hear about your wife, Chad. Have you guys ever heard of using feverfew as a preventative for migraines? I don't have them, myself, but a dear friend of mine does, and I told her to try it and she says she thinks it works. She still has them, but only VERY occasionally, when it used to be once a week.

~Lannie

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I have the recipe for Annoying Rooster Pot Pie memorized. :D It is sinfully delicious!

And how I WISH I could give her to your daughter. She needs someone to "play" with and spend time with. If she were still with her mom and siblings, she'd never spend a second alone, but as it is, she has to stay in the pot most of the day, except when Rich or I can take some time to bring her out and play with her and cuddle her. The really unfortunate thing is she's imprinted on US, and has no idea she's really a chicken. She follows my hand like she would her mother, and she thinks my nails are mama's beak - she keeps looking for food there. I'm doing my best, but geez, it's hard work being a mama chicken. :rolleyes:

Rich is going to try to rig up one of the stand-alone nestboxes out in the coop, with some screening over the front so no one can get in (and she can't get out), and then we'll have to suspend the drop light in there for her heat. He was supposed to go shopping today, but it started raining, and all the feed would get wet on the way home, so he's going tomorrow. I guess Chicklet will stay in the house until at least Saturday afternoon. I need to rig up some sort of playpen for her so she can be on the table without one or both of us there to make sure she doesn't skitter off the edge and right into The Zipster's mouth. (Zip is the Dobie, and she's recently discovered the joy of hunting and eating small animals, so she's not safe around Chicklet.)

OMG, she just woke up again, and is peeping in her pot! LOL! She hates being left alone. Poor baby! :( I think she's just turning 3 days old now, because I'm just starting to notice the beginnings of her wing-tip feathers. Today is the day her mama SHOULD have brought her and the others out of the nest to start teaching them All Things Chicken. Hopefully, I'm doing a good enough job that she'll be able to integrate with the flock when she's ready to be released. I'm pretty sure she'll be a lap chicken for life, though. ;)

I'm sorry about all this chick-talk. It just seems my whole life for the last couple of days has revolved around her.

I DID work my way up to 7.5 watts tootling on the Disrupter, though. :D Hey, I had to start all the way down at the bottom, at 6 watts. And last night, vaping that delicious flower (honeysuckle?) juice with the iSub tank, I cranked it all the way up to 13.5 and ALMOST made a cloud! ROFL! It was bigger than my usual ones, anyway. ;)

~Lannie
Being a mama to a 3 day old is tough!

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
It annoying beyond words....I feel her pain
The first time it happened, I was here at work, I get a text from my oldest daughter telling me that the squad was taking her to.tje hospital, thinking she had a stroke. At the time she was I want.to say about 38. Believe me, I was scared, cause she is to young to have a stroke. Thats when we found out what it was.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
HI All!!!

Sorry about your headhache red :(

Lannie that chick is soo flippin cute!! I wish you lived closer I would just have her spend the entire day with me on the porch she would never be alone :)

In other news the woman who I co- own my forum with has just gone off the deep end.. She was accepting money to cover the server bill.... Then I discovered yesterday that she has not paid a dime for the past 7 months!!

The word furious does not begin to describe how I feel about it. So now I get to deal with that fun fun fun situation.

This is a person I have been friends with for something like 10 years and I cannot believe she would do this. SMH!

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Seleya my daughter wants me to help her dye her hair pastel blue on monday. It made me think of you.
And tips?
What color is her hair currently? For pastels you need to have an almost white base or it can change to a weird color or not show up at all.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
What color is her hair currently? For pastels you need to have an almost white base or it can change to a weird color or not show up at all.

It is light blond but not as light as I think it needs to be..
So I am thinking I am going to have to use toner on it.

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
It is light blond but not as light as I think it needs to be..
So I am thinking I am going to have to use toner on it.
Most likely. Do you know what dye she plans on using? For a pastel color if she wants to keep it for a few weeks, I wouldn't actually use a pastel dye. They don't last at all. I would recommend getting a true blue or purple based blue dye and mixing a tiny amount with a ton of conditioner. If the hair base is light enough, whatever color is in the bowl will pretty much be the color it shows up as on the hair. The color will last longer on the hair if you mix a darker color with conditioner, and you will have more dye to do touch ups later.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Most likely. Do you know what dye she plans on using? For a pastel color if she wants to keep it for a few weeks, I wouldn't actually use a pastel dye. They don't last at all. I would recommend getting a true blue or purple based blue dye and mixing a tiny amount with a ton of conditioner. If the hair base is light enough, whatever color is in the bowl will pretty much be the color it shows up as on the hair. The color will last longer on the hair if you mix a darker color with conditioner, and you will have more dye to do touch ups later.

Thanks sweetie!!!
I do not know what dye base she plans to use but I am going to copy your post and text it to her.. If that is OK?

I was raised in a salon (grams owned one and mom and aunt were both hairdressers)
I also after college went to cosmotology school (just because I had nothing else to do once tthe children all went to school)
(Get a job I guess could have been a plan)
But with our autistic son .. I would maybe not always have been a dependable employee.

Anyhow... My point is that I am not shy about coloring her hair but when I was in salons etc the dying pastel was not common and therefore not taught.

Is there a specific brand you suggest?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I ordered it from VaporDNA. With the 10 percent off, it sells for around $62. What I heard is that you can dial in the temp control coefficient (or whatever the heck they call it), so you can adjust the temp control for different types of wires. And the multi colored LED lights does sound pretty cool. I have read some reviews that says that the Android app is a little buggy, but I also read that you really don't need the smartphone app, you can control the mod just from the device itself.
I downloaded the app already. Now I just need the mod to go with the app, lol! $62??? That's amazing! There is a bunch of talk on the ridiculously long contest thread about some versions supporting TC and some not, but that doesn't make any sense. I am VERY interested in that tank, though! You swivel the top over and use a unicorn bottle to fill it. I love that!

Reactions: NancyB

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Thanks sweetie!!!
I do not know what dye base she plans to use but I am going to copy your post and text it to her.. If that is OK?

I was raised in a salon (grams owned one and mom and aunt were both hairdressers)
I also after college went to cosmotology school (just because I had nothing else to do once tthe children all went to school)
(Get a job I guess could have been a plan)
But with our autistic son .. I would maybe not always have been a dependable employee.

Anyhow... My point is that I am not shy about coloring her hair but when I was in salons etc the dying pastel was not common and therefore not taught.

Is there a specific brand you suggest?
Yeah that is fine.

Really most schools and salons still don't teach for special colors unless you got to a very specialized place.

Brand depends on how long she would like to keep it.
- Manic Panic doesn't last very long, but is readily available at Sally's.
- Ion brand is known for the staying power (and staining) of their blues and are also available at Sally's.
- Arctic Fox is an up and coming brand that is quickly growing in popularity. Haven't personally tried them, but people seem to love them for the most part. They have to be ordered online. It is about mid-range for lasting.
- Special Effects is a brand I love, but they have a small factory and don't produce all of the colors in their line at the same time, so it can be hard to get your hands on a specific color at times. Would have to search around online for it.
- Pravana Vivids is what I tend to personally use. It is considered to be the most "permanent" out there. I warn people that they better be wanting to stick with a color at least 6 months before using Pravana, though. Pravana can also only be purchased by a licensed cosmotologist (or a little digging online. ;) )

All of those brands are non-damaging and can be mixed with conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread