Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

So.... that's what you think of me? I only get aggressive when another person is being treated in an ugly manner........Life is too short and I have an aversion to staying where I'm not wanted.
Of course your wanted and I apologize for any offense.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Strange thing is, mowing a lawn DOES make me happy. I never want to do it, but once I'm started, I'm happy as a pig in mud.

I am a member of the same Club .. for some odd reason, the simple act of mowing my Yard, with a self-propelled "regular" lawn mower (no rider for me) .. somehow aligns my Feng Shui .. and yes, I also don't relish the thought initially, yet when I'm about 10 minutes in and sweating, periodically dousing myself with the garden hose .. and when the 2 hour job is done, I survey my small slice of Land Ownership with a great degree of pride .. although I would have to say that a good portion of what's green is clover, it looks pretty good when freshly cut .. I also maintain my own mower, sharpening the blade, changing the oil, etc ..

My talents on a bush are unprecedented. Never get in the way of an old woman who is slinging a machete in one hand and a cane cutter in the other. :D

Apologies in advance, however, I simply could not resist ..

hqdefault.jpg

On generators ... several years ago, a very high wind storm, bordering on tornado / low end hurricane wind speed ran it's way thru my area .. even I, who will normally just look out the window and observe, was prompted to retreat to the Basement .. the wind was strong enough to topple some of the old oaks in my area and snap upper branches of others .. at any rate ..

My across the street neighbor, Roger and Jan, he being a Mortician still working into his 70's and she being retired .. Roger decided that since the power was off for 12 hours, he must find a generator (the power was off for about 4 days after it was all said and done) .. so, he hunted down what was likely one of the few remaining generators at that point, and paid a pretty penny for it .. being that all the lesser expensive generators had all been snapped up, the unit he got was perhaps not of industrial strength, yet it was quite large and powerful ..

Roger proceeded to park his proud new acquisition in front of his Garage on the concrete driveway .. the problem was, he left the garage door opened throughout the entire 4 days, running the generator day and night .. the garage provided the near perfect "speaker cone" for the noise of the generator to be directly aimed at my Home .. the configuration, needless to say, amplified an already loud device ..

I was never able to bring myself to ask he move it to the back yard, for some odd reason .. normally, I'm fairly forthright when it comes to things like this, but Roger and Jan had been my friends for many years, so I let it go .. attempting to sleep with noise cancelling headphones on ..

hqdefault.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Too late for a good morning, so...Hey y'all!!!

Watching a Bruce Springsreen concert right now...don't especially care for most of his songs, but he sure puts on a whopper of a performance! I love how he interacts with the audience. Slept till 11:30!!!!!! Got on line and had a PM from Matt...my "beauty" is being mailed today!!!!!

:rickroll::thumbs:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

So.... that's what you think of me? I only get aggressive when another person is being treated in an ugly manner........Life is too short and I have an aversion to staying where I'm not wanted.

Well, then, you can't EVER leave here!!

You know we Love ya!!! Just gotta pick on ya sometimes :D - also - I did not post the cartoon (I'm innocent)... :rolleyes:

Of that, maybe....

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I've been carrying on with my gluten/sugar free diet and as of today I have lost 20 pounds. :banana: Decided to celebrate with a Coke, I've missed them, a lot, or at least I thought I did. After drinking it I ended up with a stomach ache and dizziness for a while, can't believe that just a couple of months ago I was sucking down 4 or 5 Cokes a day...:eek:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

you misunderstood... he LIKES feisty people. :)
No way you would EVER not be wanted here.

In other news...
My ROKU got fried by yesterday's storm. Went and got a new one today, and on the way home, got a rude message from the radio.
lady's voice"
"Friday Night 80's ROCK! Because you just don't hear the older songs anymore."

Nothing like a wake up call that one of your favorite decades is "OLD".
;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I've been carrying on with my gluten/sugar free diet and as of today I have lost 20 pounds. :banana: Decided to celebrate with a Coke, I've missed them, a lot, or at least I thought I did. After drinking it I ended up with a stomach ache and dizziness for a while, can't believe that just a couple of months ago I was sucking down 4 or 5 Cokes a day...:eek:

Well good for you ... 20 pounds lighter. Way long ago I used to like a cold Pepsi w/ lunch. Then I started noticing a 'let down / sag' an hour or so later. I stopped the Pepsi for lunch and I didn't have that 'let down feeling any more. I think my body told me it was time to stop drinking soda.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Well good for you ... 20 pounds lighter. Way long ago I used to like a cold Pepsi w/ lunch. Then I started noticing a 'let down / sag' an hour or so later. I stopped the Pepsi for lunch and I didn't have that 'let down feeling any more. I think my body told me it was time to stop drinking soda.
I'm still on the Diet Coke bandwagon but I've stopped drinking them after about 2PM and I'm finding the switch to water is moving up earlier and earlier. One thing the heat down here does in make you thirsty and soda doesn't cut it. No matter that by reading the label it appears to be brown flavored water it's not the same. I think it's the sodium. Don't know for sure, just know it doesn't quench my thirst.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I pretty much stopped drinking soda when I started vaping. I read how awful soda really is for you, and in trying to improve my health, I switched to water. I do add a little flavor to the water (Sparkling Ice flavored water - not really a soda, and I use mostly water and just a little Sparkling ice to flavor it).

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I learned early on not to care about people who stare. Really, why care that they are staring? You're doing nothing bad or illegal, are you? Ignore them or smile at them.

And I learned early on to always carry a spare battery with me when I'm out-and-about.
I've been driving and when stopped at a light had people honk and tip their mod at me. A bit of a different reaction than when I was puffing analogs.

Never heard of putting milk on cake, but I'm thinking it's probably pretty good! So, is it your birthday???
No, it was my daughter's birthday. I still spoil my little girl. She was in a big funk as it was her 35th and she was feeling "old" so nothing like chocolate to perk up a lady.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

{{{{{{Yiddle}}}}} You know we love ya!! I'll ask Matt to insert Janet instead of Sandra!

I pretty much stopped drinking soda when I started vaping. I read how awful soda really is for you, and in trying to improve my health, I switched to water. I do add a little flavor to the water (Sparkling Ice flavored water - not really a soda, and I use mostly water and just a little Sparkling ice to flavor it).

Sparkling ice? What does that taste like?

Matt, How about putting a slice of lemon in the water? They do have crystal flavoring you can put into your bottled water, but forget what they call it. Maybe it's the Sparkling Ice Cathy mentioned.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
For those interested in weather, and especially with Erika approaching the US, I'd like to provide a LINK to my fav weather blogger. Levi does a great job on demystifying technical meteorological reports and does wonders with his purple pen. Hope ya enjoy, if interested.

BTW, if ya like his report, ya can sign up for his report update notices.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Sparkling Ice comes in a bottle like soda (16 oz?). All kinds of flavors. I usually find it in the water section of a grocery store. It is good straight, kind like a flavored seltzer, but I like to mix it with plain water just for, well, a little light flavor to my water.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
In other news...
My ROKU got fried by yesterday's storm. Went and got a new one today, and on the way home, got a rude message from the radio.
lady's voice"
"Friday Night 80's ROCK! Because you just don't hear the older songs anymore."

Nothing like a wake up call that one of your favorite decades is "OLD".

Uh, my favorite decade is a couple older than that :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread