CALIFORNIA VAPERS: Things are getting ugly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I was there. I saw what they Tired to do.

Maybe I'm just getting Discouraged by all that has been Going on lately. But everyone seems to Agree that all this is About Money. The missing MSA Money. The Missing tobacco Tax Monies. Heck, even the Missing Sales Tax Money.

I just wonder sometimes if they had those Monies, how many People in Government would Really Care if a person used an e-Cigarette or Not? I mean, if they get the Same if you Smoke or if you vape, what would be the Difference to them?

And few Argue that e-Cigarettes are not Safer than Cigarettes.

I'm not saying I'm for Taxes. I'm just Tired of having to Fight over All this. When all they Really Want is the Money. And the Health side of all this is taking a Back Seat to people living a Better Life.
They have to follow the game plan that allows for them to increase the taxes periodically, without public outcry.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding...
The actual justification isn't really any better. Toys entice kids into convincing their parents to make unhealthy food choices. Because people feed their kids happy meals because the kids want the toys, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's one of few ways to give your kid a large number of calories for $3.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm just Tired of having to Fight over All this.

I feel you pain, dear. :D

But we have made progress. A lot of progress. Nobody's proposing banning e-cigs anymore. And almost everybody is in agreement that they are a better choice than cigarettes. This is a significant victory.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The actual justification isn't really any better. Toys entice kids into convincing their parents to make unhealthy food choices. Because people feed their kids happy meals because the kids want the toys, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's one of few ways to give your kid a large number of calories for $3.

Yeah.

They also completely ignored the fact that it hurts lower-income people. Again. Happy meal toys offered lower SES* mothers (that's an official term, BTW) a chance to give their kids a present and to make them happy without having to go to Toys 'r Us.

*socio-economic status

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They have to follow the game plan that allows for them to increase the taxes periodically, without public outcry.

Trust me. I know how to Play this Game.

It doesn't make it any Cleaner. And I don't Like how it's Done. But I do know how it Works.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I feel you pain, dear. :D

But we have made progress. A lot of progress. Nobody's proposing banning e-cigs anymore. And almost everybody is in agreement that they are a better choice than cigarettes. This is a significant victory.

Yeah... You are Right. I'm just a little Down right now.

I just Hate that this All Needs to be such a Struggle.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah... You are Right. I'm just a little Down right now.

I just Hate that this All Needs to be such a Struggle.

Hence my new avatar...

408a52cfbfbf6a460bcf708e0771560c.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Unless, of course, the FDA approves the grandfather date of 2007 and bans everything... :facepalm:

This is such a bloody mess.

Why don't they just leave us alone?

Don't answer that.

*sigh*

And I feel YOUR pain as well, my dear other Kat. It is a mess. Can we clean it up? Dunno.

But the band played on.

I'm not saying I'm for Taxes. I'm just Tired of having to Fight over All this. When all they Really Want is the Money. And the Health side of all this is taking a Back Seat to Taxes and State Revues.

I think we're all tired of fighting. Time to renew our strengths and get back into the game. Forget saving lives and children. We know the (money) train. We need to learn how to hit like they do, and it won't be hitting like a girl, for sure.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I understand that. But what happens when/if CA legalizes the "other product" for recreational use, not just therapeutical? Which, BTW, is a possibility.
in that case you better only have legally approved stuff,whatever what that stuff may be i guess.
Exactly. And I thought Greg did a Good Job of pointing out that even the FDA is Not and Can Not regulated products that do Not Contain or are Not Sold with Nicotine.
Zeller has said as much. i am not sure if the court case said that or not.
i believe the court said it couldn't regulated as a drug.
either way it doesn't mater. by legislative fiat every thing just
becomes a tobacco product. the snuss,chew,pills,whole tobacco,
e-juice,nicotine and associated hardware all classed in whole or
in part a tobacco product.
i noticed in Indiana and Arkansas and most recently and brilliantly
in California the way they are writing the legislation theoretically
if they decide your grandmas gladiolus's are tobacco products then
they are tobacco products.
this firms up their control of past products,gets their mitts on the new
products and,insures they have defact-o authentication to regulate
and control future products when they deem it necessary with out
need of further legislation. this reminds me of how some recent legislation
is written to cope with the man made illegal stuff.
:2c:
regards
mike

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
It's just going to be a Tough Sell to a Federal Judge say'n that a Mixture of VG, PG, and some Food Flavorings is a "Tobacco Product".

Even if your Argument is Based on it is supposed to somehow "Save the Children".
Funny how all these politicians who use the "save the children" motto for raising smoke taxes, also simultaneously 100% agree with the opposite agendas that kills our children. Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California Rating - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

Reactions: skoony

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread