Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
Soooorry 'bout that. Was just teasing our fine Director of Accounting wih a bunch of abbreviations I haven't used since my corporate days, which ended long away and far ago. This is greenbar.
71dwrHKxLAL.jpg

Back in the days of black and white TV, it was used to print accounting reports, and stuff.
For what it's worth, in inventory accounting, FIFO=first in, first out. LIFO=Last in, first out.
GAAP=Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. PWC=Price (Thanks, Cheech) Waterhouse Coopers, a very large accounting firm. AR=Annual report (a collection of half truths and fibs issued by public companies once a year). And...no, I don't have a Tootle Puffer thread doppelgänger.

ETA: The best thing about greenbar paper was the sprocket strips, the perforated edges with holes in them for the printer's sprocket feed wheels. In six hour boring finance meetings, we used to tear them off. Whoever had the longest strip won.
Endlospapier_fan-fold_paper2.jpg

Some day an archeologist will ascribe religious significance to them.
img_02121.jpg
Well greenbar isn't defunct yet. I still print on it at work for a very large insurance company. Though it's one of those crazy new "laser" printers.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So I have this shineyitus thing going again and think I'm gonna have to build stuff which I didn't wanna do but to get what I want I gotta try new things like an ego one with rebuildable CLR coils and a subtank mini which I took a hit off of and liked wanna try the rebuildable deck. Stopped by mad Vapes and had to get a dripper to try for the first time everyone raves about them. Guy built me a .8 ohm coil and fired my Istick30 at 25w with Charlie noble custard at my requested 12 mg nic I took a hit and it knocked my socks off lol. Amazing flavor too much nic so diluted some to 6 mg. left with a long piece of free Kanthal 26 gauge and some Japanese cotton I don't know what I'm doing but having a ball lol :shock:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
So I have this shineyitus thing going again and think I'm gonna have to build stuff which I didn't wanna do but to get what I want I gotta try new things like an ego one with rebuildable CLR coils and a subtank mini which I took a hit off of and liked wanna try the rebuildable deck. Stopped by mad Vapes and had to get a dripper to try for the first time everyone raves about them. Guy built me a .8 ohm coil and fired my Istick30 at 25w with Charlie noble custard at my requested 12 mg nic I took a hit and it knocked my socks off lol. Amazing flavor too much nic so diluted some to 6 mg. left with a long piece of free Kanthal 26 gauge and some Japanese cotton I don't know what I'm doing but having a ball lol :shock:
It's okay, we'll be waiting here when you get back...:lol:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25198-1379945350-6.gif

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Haha don't kick me out of the club just yet! Though I cant find my GS tank I think I left it at mad vapes, Iwill swing by there tomorrow if I can't find it. My goal is to turn the ego one or subtank mini's into tootle puffers with the right builds and drip tips if I buy them. I got three GS airs or Ms here anyway for backup and my naughty mini's. Just HAD to try a dripper to see what the benchmark for flavor is :) I was cloud whompin lol

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Haha don't kick me out of the club just yet! Though I cant find my GS tank I think I left it at mad vapes, Iwill swing by there tomorrow if I can't find it. My goal is to turn the ego one or subtank mini's into tootle puffers with the right builds and drip tips if I buy them. I got three GS airs or Ms here anyway for backup and my naughty mini's. Just HAD to try a dripper to see what the benchmark for flavor is :) I was cloud whompin lol
The Ego One with the rebuildable 1.0 ohm CL-R coils are decent for MTL hits. Adjustable juice flow, too. You can also build the resistance higher than 1.0 ohms as you see fit. Pretty simple rebuilds, to boot.

Reactions: David Wolf

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Hi Ho Folks!!! Just found my first vape shop today!! Had coils ( 1.5??) for GS tanks, but tanks r on re-order. Which ones are good now?? M, S?? I need a BIG tank with a high OHM coil.

TY
If you want capacity, go for the M with its 4 ml capacity. Try out both types of coils and see what suits you best.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The Ego One with the rebuildable 1.0 ohm CL-R coils are decent for MTL hits. Adjustable juice flow, too. You can also build the resistance higher than 1.0 ohms as you see fit. Pretty simple rebuilds, to boot.
What intrigued me about the design of the CLR coils is you can adjust down the top cap to cover part of the wick to control juice flow, I thought that might help with my 70pg/30pg juices. Have you played around with that? What I wasn't too keen on is that the leads are apparently just pressure fit and not screwed in, ever have any problems with that? I'm wondering how long the insulator will hold up with that design.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Well greenbar isn't defunct yet. I still print on it at work for a very large insurance company. Though it's one of those crazy new "laser" printers.

Seeing those pictures made me think about work...we just stopped using it about 2 months ago. I did like how easy it was to read, like Tibs said. But I'm glad the paper we use is now standard 8 1/2 x 11! Much more convenient to work with and store.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Yeah we have him on vid not being able to line the shroud up either.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl ;) taking another bat at the Cheeky Monkey merit badge
Caught in the act! Fumble fingers...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I was trying to remember the lines from the script! Honest! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh yes...you got it!
cheeky%20monkey_1.jpg
[/URL]

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Hi all,

I've had a read through this thread - well actually up to page 27, some of the 560's and the last three pages - it's the best I could do - so apologies if I'm asking for information that's been covered.

I'm after a MTL clearo for my partner for her iStick 40. I've been out of the clearo game since I retired my Aspire CE5-S about a year ago. I really liked the tank when the coils actually worked. I got sick of buying a five pack and having four of them be duds - and yes they were authentic - so I went RDA/RTA and haven't looked back.

As she often travels for work, I can't be there to re-coil or trouble-shoot her rta, so I need a reliable tank with decent flavour she can take as a backup in case disaster strikes. ATM I pack a couple of LR cartos - just in case (I still use cartos on my Provari Mini and await their resurgence in 2016).

Doing some research over the last two weeks has lead me to the GS tank. The size (height and volume wise) is good - she's got a Goblin Mini ATM that I maintain. She has also used and enjoyed the Aspire CE5-S and LR Boge Cartos in the past.

For some reason there doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews on this specific tank in comparison to the Aspires, Kanger ST range and the GS-Air.

What I'm trying to understand is the following:
- is this atomiser SS or plated chrome?
- can the 1.2ohm Kanthal coils handle 70vg liquid? (She vapes mints/menthols with tea or light fruit flavours)
- can it take Aspire coils? One YouTube reviewer suggested it did, but I'm not understanding that this is correct.
- What's the flavour production like? I can only compare it to the Aspire CE5-S BVC coils and cartos.
- For those who have used both: How does GS Tank compare to the Aspire Mini with the OCC coils?

I had a look at the STM and Nano but they seem like they are airy, even at their lowest airflow settings.

I'm not interested in 'big vapour production' - tbh I'm a bit over reviews focusing on how much vapour a clearo with a stock coil can 'chuck'. I'd just like to know if a MTL tank is reliable, does the job and produces a quality, flavourful vape.

Thank you in adavance

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
- is this atomiser SS or plated chrome?

Some vendors say ss, others chromed brass. :facepalm: Perhaps a combination of both? Or a lesser ss alloy? I actually don't care because I like them... :)

- can the 1.2ohm Kanthal coils handle 70vg liquid? (She vapes mints/menthols with tea or light fruit flavours)

Do you mean replaceable coils? I'm not sure they are kanthal--I think they are actually Nichrome. Most likely. Depends on the juice. You (your partner) can always dilute the juice by adding a drop or two of distilled water per ml to achieve better viscosity. It's all about viscosity of the e-liquid, not just VG percentage.

can it take Aspire coils? One YouTube reviewer suggested it did, but I'm not understanding that this is correct.

AFAIK, no. And even if it could, I wouldn't do it. You may get leaks and other problems.

What's the flavour production like? I can only compare it to the Aspire CE5-S BVC coils and cartos.

IMHO, it's much better. But you know what they say--taste is subjective. Eleaf mkes 3 kinds of coils that will work with the iStick 40: original dual coils (1.5 Ω, silica wick), cotton vertical coils (1.2Ω), and TC coils.

For those who have used both: How does GT Tank compare to the Aspire Mini with the OCC coils?

Favorably. :D

I had a look at the STM and Nano but they seem like they are airy, even at their lowest airflow settings.

They are airier, but both GS Air tanks and Subtank mini V2 come with adjustable airflow. GS tanks and coils are also much more economical.

I'd just like to know if a MTL tank is reliable, does the job and produces a quality, flavourful vape.

Yes, yes and yes.

Good luck.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Some vendors say ss, others chromed brass. :facepalm: Perhaps a combination of both? Or a lesser ss alloy? I actually don't care because I like them... :)

Do you mean replaceable coils? I'm not sure they are kanthal--I think they are actually Nichrome. Most likely. Depends on the juice. You (your partner) can always dilute the juice by adding a drop or two of distilled water per ml to achieve better viscosity. It's all about viscosity of the e-liquid, not just VG percentage.

AFAIK, no. And even if it could, I wouldn't do it. You may get leaks and other problems.

IMHO, it's much better. But you know what they say--taste is subjective. Eleaf mkes 3 kinds of coils that will work with the iStick 40: original dual coils (1.5 Ω, silica wick), cotton vertical coils (1.2Ω), and TC coils.

Favorably. :D

They are airier, but both GS Air tanks and Subtank mini V2 come with adjustable airflow. GS tanks and coils are also much more economical.

Yes, yes and yes.

Good luck.

Great - thank you so much. For the price they go for this seals the deal. In the cart they go! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread