Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Maybe they wanted to see if they could get away with a faulty device, or they wanted to get feedbacks on the problems so they can fix them.

If they wanted feedback on the device that would have been a great idea BUT they should have told me we are sending a pre-production model so please dont review it, Use it and let us know what you think.

My guess is they thought i wasn't going to break it down and that i wouldnt notice the issues and that the glue would hold up...

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK
If they wanted feedback on the device that would have been a great idea BUT they should have told me we are sending a pre-production model so please dont review it, Use it and let us know what you think.

My guess is they thought i wasn't going to break it down and that i wouldnt notice the issues and that the glue would hold up...
I agree with your points, they defiantly should of told you to expect some issues if they were already known to them. I don't get how their statement managed to get back dated 4 months either, very odd considering I only heard about this mod around a month ago when a whole sale agent of theirs was advertising it in a google+ group I take part in. Hopefully we will all receive the high quality devices we were expecting in the future and with any luck they will learn from their mistakes! I guess we should be grateful your video sparked such a reaction even though it's has delayed everyone's order until they get their .... together, overall I'm grateful

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Anyways, after talking with them for about 20-30 mins they informed me that the White/Black version (the one that is on every website) does not have this issue and that the White/Black version has a press-fit 510 connection and the version being sent to vendors and being sold was the white/black version with the press-fit 510.

They asked if i could remove my video because they were getting contacted by various people in regards to these issues and that nobody had to worry because the version they would receive would in fact have a press-fit 510 (still a bad design if you ask me)

Can someone please educate me on "press fit"? To me a press fit just means someone tapped it into place with a rubber hammer and it's a hail Mary that it stays & glue would be "more secure" than "press fit".

Now if they mean a second piece underneath holding it together, that to me is a compression fit or maybe a "clamp fit", dunno but I'm confused.

Thanks!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Can someone please educate me on "press fit"? To me a press fit just means someone tapped it into place with a rubber hammer and it's a hail Mary that it stays & glue would be "more secure" than "press fit".

Now if they mean a second piece underneath holding it together, that to me is a compression fit or maybe a "clamp fit", dunno but I'm confused.

Thanks!
I assume when they say "press fit" they are actually pressing the 510 into the frame with a press and it's tight enough to not require any other means of attachment. But until we receive the units to look at we won't know for sure really.

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Okay, thanks for responses. I guess we shall see. My luck it will be fine and I will kick my self in the azz for canceling the second one @ 114 because this is absolutely my luck.

Next thing that would be nice is seeing the battery sold separate for a reasonable price because if it is that one 1500Mah and they slapped a new sticker on it they also reversed the connectors on it from what you can order online in the U.S. Would seem like the Chinese thing to do.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
None of these, white or red, have actually shipped out yet from either FT or GB right? My ADD is making me ask. I thought the white one was defect free and was hoping to see my status change from order received to shipped. I don't think I'm the only one though. I'm thinking some time next week, fingers crossed. But for now, what to buy, what to buy :rolleyes:.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
None have shipped to anyone but reviewers it seems. All that have gone to reviewers appear to be the red/black ones.

I think the white/black was announced before the red/black. I probably would've picked the red/black when I pre-ordered mine, but it wasn't available.

That combination of details is probably the only thing that gives a little credibility that the white may not have the issues. On the other hand, why would they make it differently? It costs more to do that. It doesn't seem quite right.

Hopefully, the delay is them pulling them all back and building/sending out new ones. Thanks to some reviewers, we may have dodged a lemon of a device.

I went with FT @$114. If it wasn't for the price, I'd be cancelling. But I'm already thinking of a few mods to do on the box. Well worth that price.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
None of these, white or red, have actually shipped out yet from either FT or GB right? My ADD is making me ask. I thought the white one was defect free and was hoping to see my status change from order received to shipped. I don't think I'm the only one though. I'm thinking some time next week, fingers crossed. But for now, what to buy, what to buy :rolleyes:.

Correct. So I was wrong, they did delay the shipment to FT. Now we have no idea at all how long it'll be, as there's no ETA on FT yet. But if we keep checking the order status, at some point an ETA should appear and then hopefully that one will then be kept to.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK
Mine is cancelled and refunded. Not just because the 510 issue, I don't like the fact they back dated their documents, I don't like the price fixing. I don't their their lack of informing reviewers of issues and to expect a couple of things which could happen all discussed here. I do respect they are biting the bullet and sorting it all out at the potential cost of weeks of delays how ever combined I honestly think I'd rather spend my money in what I know to be a quality product instead of a Chinese cloning company aiming for the big time and we suffer the consequences of their learning curve

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yeah if you paid full price, that's understandable. The VT200 from HCigar will be much better, and only about £10 more expensive. I have the HCigar HB40 (DNA 40) and it's a good little mod.

But for $114/£72 I consider that I've just bought a DNA 200 chip (£60) and a battery (£12) and received the case, buttons, 510, assembly (such as it is) and shipping for free. I can't turn that down :)

Reactions: DARKFiB3R

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK
Yeah if you paid full price, that's understandable. The VT200 from HCigar will be much better, and only about £10 more expensive. I have the HCigar HB40 (DNA 40) and it's a good little mod.

But for $114/£72 I consider that I've just bought a DNA 200 chip (£60) and a battery (£12) and received the case, buttons, 510, assembly (such as it is) and shipping for free. I can't turn that down :)
I used a coupon right near the start of the preorders on the 5th. Arguably it is still good value, I wish them the best, how ever I don't want to pay for spare parts I want a high end mod. I'm going to order a vaporshark, yes I know it will take longer and they are back ordered to .... how ever the size appeals to me, I already have rDNA 40 which I love. OK the battery is smaller but it charges at 2a so il be able to use it more by it charging faster. The fact it's plain black without logos and all that which look tacky. Vapecige vtbox200 are not works which look nice or to be proud of showing the whole world. It's a bloody mouthful just to say! Il also be pay more, I accept that, you want a quality product with brand recognition it comes at the price at the checkout. If it arrives in October il just call it a birthday present to myself

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I used a coupon right near the start of the preorders on the 5th. Arguably it is still good value, I wish them the best, how ever I don't want to pay for spare parts I want a high end mod. I'm going to order a vaporshark, yes I know it will take longer and they are back ordered to .... how ever the size appeals to me, I already have rDNA 40 which I love. OK the battery is smaller but it charges at 2a so il be able to use it more by it charging faster. The fact it's plain black without logos and all that which look tacky. Vapecige vtbox200 are not works which look nice or to be proud of showing the whole world. It's a bloody mouthful just to say! Il also be pay more, I accept that, you want a quality product with brand recognition it comes at the price at the checkout. If it arrives in October il just call it a birthday present to myself

I wish you luck with VS. I was thinking similar to you yesterday and was about to cancel my order but then I started thinking like @TheBloke and realized I couldn't really buy the parts for the price of this thing so even if it's a bit janky when I receive it shouldn't be too hard to resolve. I was also looking at VS as if I were to buy any other it would be that one, but at this point there hasn't been one high volume DNA 200 device that's been released that hasn't had serious issues and at this point I'm not sure how many of the issues are due to the mod makers and how many are due to the boards. So I'm just going to stay in the holding pattern and wait it out and hope for the best.

Car147

Nov 13, 2014
Highlands,Scotland
That said, some vendors definitely are delaying their orders. Angel Fire Mods posted this on FaceBook late yesterday:

VTBOX200 UPDATE.

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the delays to your order, however you should be aware that with these delays there are reasons.

There have been reviews done of the pre release VTBOX 200 highlighting some weaknesses on the mod which include the following:

- 510 connector coming loose
- Atomisers not screwing down flush
- Ring around the fire button unscrewing

We are working closely with Vape Cige to ensure that all these issues are corrected before our units are released. Angelfiremods Ltd will not release the products without all issues being addressed and resolved.

There will not be a huge delay before the units are sent to us with all the above problems corrected. We are looking at 3 – 5 days before they ship from China however this is not guaranteed as the units must be perfect before they are shipped.

As always these units will arrive with you and are covered by a 12 month warranty which protect you and your purchase from Angelfiremods Ltd.

We will keep you updated with progress.

We would like to thank you for your patience and welcome any questions or concerns that you may have or wish to discuss.

I had a Red Black Vapecige VT200 on preorder, after seeing the failure rate i decided to switch to the HCigar, i just cannot believe the lack of QC by the manufactuer, trouble is its the simple things they have got all wrong imo, 510, door magnets, and the battery is far too tight in the enclosure (a mate bought one and give me a good 30mins trying it out) luckily his seems fine.

That battery placement could have some implications down the line as folk refit them as your basicly jamming them up around the balance port!

Whether the HCigar has issues, only time will tell. But i feel Vapecige dropped the ball on their attempt, lovely looking mod failed by shear stupidity imo.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Gearbest just answered my ticket about availability of the red/black colour and they told me that they will have it ready to ship by next week. Hope its the fixed batches.

Seems Gearbest is either lying or don't know when they'll have the merchandise to ship.

In the same ticket they've told me.
on 8/27
Please kindly wait 1 week: once we receive the stock from the vendor, we will ship your package out soon

On 8/28
We would like to tell you that we can ship your order out in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread