Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    So the other night I went fishing, we stayed out till 4 in the mornin'! Fiance and I caught 3 a piece and our friend caught her only one right before we left. Those catfish were so good! Sorry one is so small... Our friend took the pics with her phone. And yes that is my Bathtub...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

11944861_1025022677529254_1125072829_n.jpg
    11948297_1025022670862588_1019135266_n.jpg

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Celt, I don't want to disillusion you, but even after a sledgehammer treatment the info can still be recovered.
    Not when the discs and chips and stuff turn to dust... I cremated the plastic leftovers as well. I used a 8lb sledge on them. The disc that was in there came out like sand. :D

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    I actually 'fixed' a couple of old hard drives using a sledgehammer the other day. Complements of not wanting someone to go dumpster diving to steal info on old HD's. :lol::lol: I actually had fun and want to do it again soon. Good anger management!:headbang::headbang:
    You could sell the pcb boards on ebay, they use them on broken disks for recovery. And use the step motors, make nice things out of the platters.:D

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Good morning, Voltpeeps.

We had a very busy weekend. The yard looks just about as good as it is going to. The house is halfway through a very thorough cleaning. I have to work today. Darn it:) I do like having money.

Rusty the Aussie looks very down. We think it might be his shoulder bothering him. I gave him a doggie Tramadol last night and I will give him another one this morning. Usually he feels better in a couple of days.

We went to Point Arena on our vacation. The area was gorgeous.

[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/vacation2015/128_zpsvbsgkywv.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/vacation2015/127_zpsngbp2giy.jpg.html] [/URL]

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Hi Jer!

Lots to do and less time to do it:) Today is yard clean up continues. The ladies are coming over and we are freezing more melons. I need to keep working on the house.

Here is a photo of the pier in the City of Point Arena. We ate a really nice lunch at the restaurant that overlooks a lovely cove next to the pier.

[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/vacation2015/125_zpskk8nllm6.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/vacation2015/124_zpscyiyndq8.jpg.html] [/URL]

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    The pier was interesting. There were divers that caught sea urchins and placed them in giant baskets. Then kept them in live wells until a truck could pick them up and take them to San Francisco for people to eat.

They picked up boats with a giant crane and put the boats on trailers for people to take them home. That was neat.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Have some delicious kati kati coffee. Nom, nom.

Are you still thinking about a dog, Zero?

Rusty the Aussie is feeling better.

My crown came in early and I have an appointment to get it put on for Monday, Yay. I was worried we would have to go gold panning with my temporary on. If the temporary crown comes off in the middle of nowhere, it could be an issue. And this tooth seems sensitive so it could be a painful issue.

I have to go grocery shopping today. But first I need to clean the horse pen, weed, feed the critters and do the outdoor stuff.

We are starting to cool down a bit and hopefully it will only be 84 degrees for the BBQ.

It looks like the end of summer is near. We have 33 melons sitting on the counter including 15 cantaloupes. That is just what he picked yesterday. In fact, he probably took 10 or 15 melons to work with him. That's a lot of melons.

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    SandySu, what's going on with Maija? Are you leasing her? Did you decide on boots or shoes?

How are the kids you tutor? Is the older boy back?

I gave up on the lease on Maija.

The boy is back, and I tutored them all today. The boy was fresh and ready to go, but his little sister was sort of restless and distracted. The little one is always ready to go, and today, I read to him: The house that Jack built. I doubt he understood much, but OK, it'll come. We worked on other things, too, naming objects. When we got to buttons, he looked around and on his vest was a zipper, which he named. So I showed him the buttons on my shirt. When we got in the car to go down to the restaurant, again, he said, "The car is hot."

My family came up to the area and stayed at a house on the other side of Cayuga Lake and I brought my stepmother, Pat, home for a few days. We walked up to Taughannock Falls and around the neighborhood. Other than that, we just hung around, though today, while I tutored, she visited my friend Mariah, and rode one of her horses a little.

This evening, while driving to deliver Pat back to my brother, I got a phone call and it was another Chinese woman who works for the restaurant, and she wants me to tutor her daughter. Four kids now! Wow! I have to talk to her tomorrow to work out the details. Then I will take the 3 I tutor now to the Trumansburg Fair. We'll see the petting zoo, some rides, the demolition derby, and then fireworks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread