Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
How is that relevant to diacetyl and shady vendors? Will diacetyl and shady vendors bring down the industry? No. They make it better...
The same way obese people at MacDonalds is .........
Yep. People actually sound like they are willing to wait for that to happen. Thousands of permanently damaged vapers sounds like the only proof that will satisfy them. A link was established with humans, testing was done on rats, testing was done on tissues, data was taken from work place injuries and info collected for tons of lawsuits, but none of that counts for anything. None of that hard data is any good because those people didn't get their diketones from a kayfun or dripper? OK then! Lets wait for people to get injured from vaping. Then we'll really, really, super duper factually actually know for REAL!
And yes, when/if that happens, vaping is dead, even for BT, and they don't even need it anyway.

If you were ever a smoker as I was for 26 years, 2pack a day I might add, you have had DAP in your lungs already, the human testing has "so to speak" been going on .So saying permanently damaged vapors and vaping is dead holds not one ounce of rectitude Diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedione exposures associated with cigarette smoking: implications for risk assessment of food and flavoring workers. - PubMed - NCBI , what it does sound like is Big Tobacco Tries to Don A New Look: Are You Buying? - NBC News

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Yep. People actually sound like they are willing to wait for that to happen. Thousands of permanently damaged vapers sounds like the only proof that will satisfy them. A link was established with humans, testing was done on rats, testing was done on tissues, data was taken from work place injuries and info collected for tons of lawsuits, but none of that counts for anything. None of that hard data is any good because those people didn't get their diketones from a kayfun or dripper? OK then! Lets wait for people to get injured from vaping. Then we'll really, really, super duper factually actually know for REAL!
And yes, when/if that happens, vaping is dead, even for BT, and they don't even need it anyway.

Right. I still vape a kayfun at about 4 mils a day. Maybe a bit more because I am settling down with 3mg. I remember loading my Kayfun lite with the full 4ml of 12mg juice and trying my hardest to chain vape that thing dry in a day, and it was a tall order for me personally. These days, I have friends who go through 4 mils of juice while we are having a long conversation, let alone all day long. These are 15, 20, 30+ mil per day vapers. If it would have taken me 20 years to get sick from diketones, these guys may be screwed in 5 or so, or start to see symptoms. Yeah its a guess, but not a bad guess IMO and worth avoiding at any and all cost to save vaping.
If you were ever a smoker as I was for 26 years, 2pack a day I might add, you have had DAP in your lungs already, the human testing has "so to speak" been going on .So saying permanently damaged vapors and vaping is dead holds not one ounce of rectitude Diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedione exposures associated with cigarette smoking: implications for risk assessment of food and flavoring workers. - PubMed - NCBI , what it does sound like is Big Tobacco Tries to Don A New Look: Are You Buying? - NBC News

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
What your not realizing is recently there has been a pop up of every Tom, Dick and Harry making juice in there living room, getting in on the action and yes there brother in law / sister is running the website while Tom goes to his day job and comes home to make more juice.There are also people using third party manufactures, So don't be so surprised if you don't get an email back, is it ethical NO but good lord don't waist your time bashing them, if your main purpose is to find recipes DAP free spend your time wisely before you buy, talking with the vendors, if they answer back within the hour that's a good sign if it takes a day ? The manufactures I deal with have actual ISO 8 clean rooms, mixologist in clean suits and store fronts, actual payroll employees that care / love about there job.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Clark, I can tell you right now, Nicoticket carved out a special place in my heart for providing a great experience when I started vaping. You were my big discovery. I appreciated the warnings on your website, but when I saw and was able to compare the levels of AP in your juice to some others, I was pretty surprised, as were some other people I'm sure.
I don't think that people need diketones to get off smokes. Hell, Betelgeuse is an insanely good juice with perfectly reasonable levels of diketone detection.

I believe the OP is on a mission and until all the facts are in this mission is not helping at all. We are in a fight for the right to continue vaping, so please don't tell me what to vape or what's better for me to vape.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I believe the OP is on a mission and until all the facts are in this mission is not helping at all. We are in a fight for the right to continue vaping, so please don't tell me what to vape or what's better for me to vape.
DON'T VAPE THE KOOL-AID !

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
When people call me a fearmonger, they are perfectly correct and I have no shame about that. There is a time and a place to be afraid and to warn others about the danger, if you care about others that is. The prospect of having your lungs obliterated? That's a damn good reason to be afraid, so consider me afraid for thousands of unsuspecting, and even suspecting but careless, vapers.
The thing is, with something like this people won't have a second chance. They won't get to decide to vape safer juice or to make an effort to quit, because their lungs are already thrashed beyond repair.
They will wonder in amazement how this could have happened to them while using what was supposed to be a safer alternative to smoking. They will suddenly realize, as the reality of their situation sinks deep and heavy into their gut, that all of those people who were a part of vape culture didn't really give a damn about them. They weren't really their friend like they thought, because some of those people knew what could happen to them if they vape dikteones and they didn't SCREAM it into their face to STOP, like a parent would do, like a brother or sister would do, like a husband or wife would do.
Nope, instead, the message might have been whispered to them by some, for the sake of liability, but the message wasn't impactful enough. It was thought to be only a far off possibility that probably would never happen to them. But instead, there they sit on the doctor's table, in shock and disbelief at the news that their lungs will never work correctly again, and they are still so young.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
When people call me a fearmonger, they are perfectly correct and I have no shame about that. There is a time and a place to be afraid and to warn others about the danger, if you care about others that is. The prospect of having your lungs obliterated? That's a damn good reason to be afraid, so consider me afraid for thousands of unsuspecting, and even suspecting but careless, vapers.
The thing is, with something like this people won't have a second chance. They won't get to decide to vape safer juice or to make an effort to quit, because their lungs are already thrashed beyond repair.
They will wonder in amazement how this could have happened to them while using what was supposed to be a safer alternative to smoking. They will suddenly realize, as the reality of their situation sinks deep and heavy into their gut, that all of those people who were a part of vape culture didn't really give a damn about them. They weren't really their friend like they thought, because some of those people knew what could happen to them if they vape dikteones and they didn't SCREAM it into their face to STOP, like a parent would do, like a brother or sister would do, like a husband or wife would do.
Nope, instead, the message might have been whispered to them by some, for the sake of liability, but the message wasn't impactful enough. It was thought to be only a far off possibility that probably would never happen to them. But instead, there they sit on the doctor's table, in shock and disbelief at the news that their lungs will never work correctly again, and they are still so young.

You vaped nicoticket, so I ask how are your lungs doing? You have been vaping for awhile before you became a advocate for telling people what to vape, are you ill? You have been asked over and over to offer obe shred of proof, but you can't as there is non. I am not a child so please allow me to decide what to vape and not the FDA. If you think regulations are needed by the FDA then explain how cigarettes are still on the market.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
You now the funniest thing about your propaganda rant is that your so adamant to go spread the "FEAR" and "DANGER" of said compounds but have NO concern whatsoever for the compounds in your DAP free juice, do you have any clinical studies stating it's not worse ? do you even know what's in it ? why do you think they call it an artificial flavor ? Don't misconstrued what I'm saying as to I don't care because I care enough to want to know more than the average herd of the population.
Keep up the good harm reduction work, your doing a bang up job so far !

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
You vaped nicoticket, so I ask how are your lungs doing? You have been vaping for awhile before you became a advocate for telling people what to vape, are you ill? You have been asked over and over to offer obe shred of proof, but you can't as there is non. I am not a child so please allow me to decide what to vape and not the FDA. If you think regulations are needed by the FDA then explain how cigarettes are still on the market.
Multi billion $ business that's how, they have the funds to buy certain things "people" "votes" "lawyers" but is it time for a change ?
The future is NOW !

Reactions: KattMamma

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes, 1.5 years later after quitting smoking, and vaping buckets of Nicoticket, my lungs feel a lot better to me. That isn't proof though, and I won't pretend it is. I haven't had any tests during this time where they've actually looked at my lungs. When I've asked my doctors how my lungs sound, they've told me, "Good," but that's not conclusive of anything. That could just mean my allergy induced asthma is under control that day.

So, I respect everyone's right to make choices for themselves. I don't respect anyone trying to force regulation onto my choices for myself. As far as I know I'm an adult with fully functioning mental capacity.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Multi billion $ business that's how, they have the funds to buy certain things "people" "votes" "lawyers" but is it time for a change ?
The future is NOW !

Exactly and that's why the FDA will be bought once again when BT takes over the e liquid industry.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Yes, 1.5 years later after quitting smoking, and vaping buckets of Nicoticket, my lungs feel a lot better to me. That isn't proof though, and I won't pretend it is.

Add me to the list of vaping buckets of Nicoticket. CB, CLS, and the Virus. I remember when Nicoticket couldn't fill a page with products. Kent has been on my friends list since I joined ECF. I'm sure not going to tell him how to make juice or what to put in it.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
what i can't understand is a lot of people do not seem to know the difference
between real risk and,potential risk. this is what i was taught to understand
what they mean and why they are different.
real risk.
you are driving down the road and you approach a set of railroad tracks.
you are a block away and the lights start flashing and the crossing guards
come down. what do you do?
1. stop and wait for the train to pass and,when its all clear proceed?, or,
2.proceed to go around the barriers in an attempt to cross the tracks
before the train arrives?
the correct answer is 1 of course. why?
because those are real blinking lights and crossing guards blocking
real railroad tracks that have a real train approaching the intersection
that if you are not fast enough will hit you and really mess up your day.
potential risk.
you are driving down the same road. you look at your watch and realize
that same train will be crossing the road in 1 minute. you are still a mile
and a half away but,you stop any way to avoid any potential risk. why?
well because a defective rail could cause that train to jump the tracks
hitting you any way and,if one of those propane tanks explodes it will
wipe out everything in a quarter mile and send shrapnel even further.
so thank god you stopped where you did because you avoided any
potential risk by eliminating it completely.
so the question becomes,has e-juice's train jumped the tracks allowing
that propane tank to explode?
:2c:
regards
mike

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The diketone scare has made me the lucky recipient of many bottles of juice a friend sent :). She also sent me a sweet GG Esterigon/Tilemahos combo, woot! Once I got that mod cleaned up and working correctly I'm quite thrilled with it. Very nice setup that vapes like a dream and quite stunning, too.

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I just skimmed through some of this thread, it has gone on for quite some time, so I'm sure things have changed but now I'm wondering, what kind of e-juice should I be buying? Brand? PG/VG mix? Ones to avoid? Flavors?

This is all new to me for the most part, especially e-juice mixes, blends etc.

If you have any concern for your health, you will vape unflavoured liquid, and have a plan to quit vaping entirely.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
you are driving down the road and you approach a set of railroad tracks.
you are a block away and the lights start flashing and the crossing guards
come down. what do you do?
1. stop and wait for the train to pass and,when its all clear proceed?, or,
2.proceed to go around the barriers in an attempt to cross the tracks
before the train arrives?
the correct answer is 1 of course. why?
because those are real blinking lights and crossing guards blocking
real railroad tracks that have a real train approaching the intersection
that if you are not fast enough will hit you and really mess up your day.
potential risk.

Good analogy as I was a railroad conductor on a commuter railroad for 30 years. During those 30 years 2 cars and 1 truck tried to beat the gates, bells, flashing red lights and a very loud train horn.

Reactions: skoony

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I just skimmed through some of this thread, it has gone on for quite some time, so I'm sure things have changed but now I'm wondering, what kind of e-juice should I be buying? Brand? PG/VG mix? Ones to avoid? Flavors?

Diketones in e-juice pose a significant potential risk and diketones are avoidable. Look for e-juice vendors that don't use diketones to make your vaping just that much safer than smoking.

Diketones-free vendors | E-Cigarette Forum

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

diketones may pose a potential risk when used in e-juice.
so far there is no evidence of diketones causing any harm to vapers.
however if you wish you can avoid them.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread