Snails - Response on Threads Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
OK... I'll start with a few pics I took before arriving at friend's house. It was
a pretty grey and overcast day, so colours are not all that vibrant.

These two pics are of the place next door to where our OLD friend used to live.
It belonged to a local car dealer/magnate but has since been sold, with the dealer
moving down the road. I talked with the current owner (an elderly lady) and
found out the OLD friend's house was torn down and THEN he sold the property.
(I would do it in the opposite sequence... probably) and it was subdivided front/back
rather than side/side. Then three more old women came out, crossed the road, got
into a boat and floated off. Nice place! FILTHY RICH old lady(ies).

P8270231.jpg

P8270232.jpg

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
These three are of the old friend's property. It's hard to get scaling to come through
properly. It's a large lot with a huge hill full of trees in back. He used to deal with
landslides and trees damaging the back of the house constantly. It's probably why he
had the house just torn down... who would want to deal with that?... I suppose. The
home WAS over 3,000sf.

New chalet style place, in the front new subdivision. Note rightmost driveway... that used
to lead up to the old house:

P8270229.jpg

Left side of the property (next to old-lady place). The back is where the new property owner
will be building... and probably deal with landslides and trees. Why would it stop? Again, the
sheer depth of the lot does not come through in the pic.

P8270230.jpg

And the boat launch directly across the road:

P8270228.jpg

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
View attachment 484711
Anyone know how those "racks"/"lifts" work?
I assume they fold down and let the boat float, and then fold up and lift it.
Maybe that's what the wheel is for beside the boat...

I'm not wealthy enough to know.

Beside, a psychic told me (way back '78-ish) that my end will be due to water. So I just
stay away. Never doing a cruise even though I'd love to do one along the Scandianavian
coast. I'd probably croak due to dysentery in the water. See how that works?

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
This is the "Wegmans' Compound". When I speak of the super-ultra-mega-palooza-fest-athon-
grocery-mart, they are the owners. They also have homes on a couple other lakes, plus their
mansion. Took pic from the car due to obvious security cameras on the perimeter. That home
is true lakefront, not across the road.

P8270236.jpg

These are of the car dealer's new location. Having work done. More cameras. Paved driveways
must be out of vogue in this area.

P8270234.jpg

P8270235.jpg

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
are you sure he's moving? and what makes you think he could catch her? she just might make it her business to stay far, far way from him ;)

Because the husband(?)-of-the-woman-who-left-the-note said they would be
"obligated" to give her back if he came to claim her. And her disposition is
to run up and meow to anybody she sees. An easy catch.

I plan to go back to her new home and ask if she was claimed.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
And just one more for now. This is "Bopple Hill". There are just two ways to get down
to the lakefront... THIS on the south, and another less-severe hill on the north. I always
came in from the north when old friend lived there except once in '94... when "Hus" was
new-to-me and we went there for me to show him off. :) I missed the north entrance
and came down THIS. I burnt the brake pads (what a stink!) and needed to have them
replaced soon after. Friend smiled and made the observation I came in the wrong way
and that "nobody comes DOWN" that hill... everybody only goes UP it.

This is the 17% grade section. It levels off and then goes to 24% beyond what you see
here. (I went back the north way yesterday.) Anyway:

P8270233.jpg

And, it is shown here on YouTube. Note Old Lady house at 0:04... and where I pulled over to take
the pic ^^^ at 0:43

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread