Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hubby just pointed out that I spend an awful lot of time on my "lists of things that need to be done. There is everything on it and he wants me to throw it away. He looked at my current list of 47 things to do on my master list, what needs to be done on the master list goes on a today list :facepalm: He said he thinks it stresses me out more than I already am. I didn't realize that I spend a very large amount of time either writing the list or staring at it. He's challenged me to throw the master list away. I told him that I may need a zanex if I did that. He said I need a zanex for just looking at my list. :laugh: I'm seriously considering throwing it out and keeping only my daily list. I'm not kidding when I say that the thought of not having it is disturbing. He want me to throw it away and see that I can live just fine without it.

Reactions: Bamrz

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Geesh! It sure is quiet in here today.

The new glasses are great. I can see at last!

I talked to someone that has a bit of knowledge with this kind of issue and I have agreed to give up the main list but I can't give up the daily list. I'm allowed no more than 5 items on the daily list and they must be accomplished that day. No rollovers. Starting tomorrow.

I had two appointments today and still have to go to Morgan's Open House this evening. The doctor is trying me a different medication to take the place of the evil pill. If all goes well with this new one I may be able to come off of two all together. I just read the insert on the new med and was happy to see so many of the side effects from the other one are not there.

Hubby is playing in the woods today but I don't mind at all especially when he basically had to take care of me when the evil med reaction happened. He's also been helping to do a lot of stuff around the house that needed some attention. He basically did the whole office by himself.

Weigh in last night wasn't horrible but not great either. I didn't gain or lose in the past week. At 83 pounds lost since February I knew at some point it was going to be harder to get it off toward the end. I've actually gotten used to the eating pattern now. As you can guess, before I put anything in my mouth I want to know how many points it has. :laugh: Guess I need to go motivate Alex to do his chores. He's been home all day and the two things I told him to do were of course not done. Which reminds me that tomorrow me, Alex, and hubby have a meeting with the vocation rehab office. It's for Alex and they said technically I don't have to come BUT I do need to be there so they can see and hear from us what he struggles with. Plus he has no other way to get there. Fingers crossed that he will qualify for something. Anything. Just something to help us out with him. He's not happy about going but luckily hubby will be home to help me get him in the car. Oh and pray he isn't a rude butthead when we get there.

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
We just got home from the vocational rehab meeting. Alex put up a small fight about it last night but hubby promised him Chik fil a if he didn't put up a fight and if he was polite and cooperative during the meeting. He did great! We got a lot of information about what they have to offer. They can help with schooling and finding a job and have counselors that go through the process with you. They go thorough classes to teach them proper grooming habits, what to wear, how to act in certain situations, the interview process and they even go to the interview with you to make sure the potential boss knows his limitations and strengths. When finding a job they look for one that suits the needs and limitations but in a field he would be interested in. As far as schooling they do help with cost but they go by the parents income until he's 24 so the chances of getting that are slim. We did go ahead and tell them we are interested in getting a very part time job for now until he gets his schooling done. I have to call all of his doctors tomorrow and get them to send his medical records to them. She said we will be receiving a letter with the date and time to go back where they will do a 3 hour psychological testing just to verify his disability. They''ll will then go through his medical records. Hopefully then we will hear something as to eligibility. She said it is a long process, about 4 to 6 months to get all this done. I thought the interview went well and now we just wait and see what happens with it.

Still haven't heard from social security about the SSI. The psychologist that he went to that social security sent him to said she is going to recommend that he gets it. This too is a long process. They said could take up to 5 months to hear something back.

So I have the ball rolling and it seems to be going in a good direction at this point. I'm so glad that there is potential help for him now that he is 18. We've struggled financially for years over medical bills, etc. If he get ssi then he will be eligible for medicaid. He will be responsible for paying his doctor visits and medication. It's not that we want him to pay rent but we do expect him to contribute now. He never likes what I buy at the store. If he gets it then he can buy what he wants at the store and quit eating me out of house and home. :laugh:

I feel a bit of relief now that we have things moving and that there is potential help out there. Sorry about the novel.

I have a hair appointment this afternoon. I picked out a pic of what I'm wanting. Seems like every hair style on pinterest had a title of "great hair styles for women over 60". :lol: He's gonna love the hair style I've picked out. *insert evil laugh*.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
No face shot. I may have lost a lot of weight but it hasn't improved my looks.

Its spikey from the crown to just above my neck line. Its spikey as in stands straight strait out.

eb46b9992295f18c258dd2f1a01e3fa4.jpg

48b80291ad7aab6d20e075dd1ac64ce5.jpg

0ae17bc38572d0e9a5288a61d27e8275.jpg
3d0263670a99068671463dd5593224c1.jpg

Reactions: Bamrz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread