"Problem" with Nitecore i2 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
Hey guys,

So I've had the i2 for around 6 months now, and it's been working great. I've just had the issue where the internal spring went stiff causing my batteries to get marked up putting them in/taking them out of the charging bay. Any tips/tricks on how to lubricate the piece of metal touching the negative end of the battery? Thanks.

-themaxster

Reactions: thetrucker

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
@SpartanM --------------------------take a Q tip and paint the visible rails you see with ejuice--litely mine are starting to get dry

and slide hard too......

Thanks for the advice on using juice but I was actually looking for a way to lubricate it without making the whole device smell funky a few days later lol. I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to household items xD

A little bit of silicone lubricant, like that used for flashlight, on a Q-tip. I did it when I bought it and never had a problem

hmm.. what's a popular brand for silicone lubricant and where would I get it? I'm heard about using Vaseline or another brand of petroleum jelly.. does that work well?

-themaxster

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
I used the nitecore one, bought from, if I remember correctly, fasttech. Don't know about vaseline or petroleum jelly as lubricant in electrical contact

dang.. I've been avoiding slow tech for a while now ever since they lost my entire last order overseas -.- I think my friend recommended Vaseline because petroleum acts as a natural insulator so it won't short out internally, but idk if it will mess up the circuitry if it melts. I'll definitely look into fast tech though!

-themaxster

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
You just need a really tiny amount of grease, it won't melt and go on circuits... In fact nitecore chargers have all circuit in the front of the slots if I remember correctly. BTW about insulator, remember that the slide you are lubricant carries the negative pole of the charger, so I won't isolate it :)
P.S. I think that every retailer that carries flashlight has some lubricant for them, without buying it from China

Hmm.. in that case can I just use any lubricant available (wd40, etc.)? I mean if the lubricant doesn't isolate it haha

-themaxster

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
try a drop of cooking oil on a Q-tip and apply lit coat to rails---does not take much......

perfect, I'll try doing that when I get home.

On another note, has anyone had any explosive battery issues with charging their batteries overnight on the i2? I've been doing that a lot lately with Samsung 25nr's [emoji28]

-themaxster

Reactions: thetrucker

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Hmm.. in that case can I just use any lubricant available (wd40, etc.)? I mean if the lubricant doesn't isolate it haha

-themaxster

Any lubricant that won't eat the plastic it'll inevitably touch.

Notably, WD-40 is not a lubricant. I use Lucas red grease (high temp.. It's not remotely safe for food though) on practically everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread