Crack in Nautilus... still usable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada
First of all, I apologize if this is a beginner's question--I'm only a few months into the vaping world.

Recently, my Nautilus developed a very thin crack. I didn't realize as it occurred, so I'm not sure what the cause was. I continued using the tank for a day or so before noticing the crack, and didn't experience any differences in performance.

Is a crack like this fatal? (At least, to the glass tank piece, I mean)? I know that I can replace the glass tank, but I am away from home for a few months, with no nearby vape stores around... So, I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to continue using the tank. Is this dangerous? Will I break it more simply by using it? Would it make a difference?

I don't know enough about how things work to speculate on this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
It is Pyrex glass, but all glass once it is cracked should be replace. Most likely, you bumped the glass on something hard or sharp.

You can order a new tank directly from Tank Clearomizer : Aspire online shopping You even have several options, just the glass, a stainless steel, hollowed stainless steel, tank. Depending on how fast you want it shipped will depend on the final price. Personally, I would throw in an order of some coils to make it worth your while.

P.S.
Just make sure you get the right tank. A lot of people mess up and order a full size Nautilus tank for the mini, or the mini tank for the full size Nautilus.

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada
It is Pyrex glass, but all glass once it is cracked should be replace. Most likely, you bumped the glass on something hard or sharp.

You can order a new tank directly from Tank Clearomizer : Aspire online shopping You even have several options, just the glass, a stainless steel, hollowed stainless steel, tank. Depending on how fast you want it shipped will depend on the final price. Personally, I would throw in an order of some coils to make it worth your while.

P.S.
Just make sure you get the right tank. A lot of people mess up and order a full size Nautilus tank for the mini, or the mini tank for the full size Nautilus.

Thanks for your response, Guzz! I ordered the stainless steel, so that should solve the problem. I'll just have to find a way to make do until I have it in hand. Just to clarify--I should completely stop using the cracked glass tank, right? It's all I have until I get home in a week or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread