Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I like my goblin mini. Did a dual coil build(kanthal) that was simple and it has great flavor. May buy another soon, since it was under $25.00

I did buy another $19.99 clone on eBay will be here in aboutv4 or 5 days.

By the way a lot of people complain about the Goblin Mini leaking. And I have not had mine leak been rocking it for about two weeks.

Now I have found moisture on top of my mod but that was not leakage but vapor coming out the airflow. When I vape I started letting go of the Fire button a fraction of a second before stopping my inhale. This leaves a lot less vapor to fall through the airflow.

Reactions: tweaker30

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I also haven't found it leaking. I think it depends on your wicking technique. I don't over do it. Also being careful on where you place the cotton in the channel and how much. Just my thoughts. I definately will check on eBay. That's a great price! I've being going to MVS... Just like those guys. Thanks(two bears).

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I also haven't found it leaking. I think it depends on your wicking technique. I don't over do it. Also being careful on where you place the cotton in the channel and how much. Just my thoughts. I definately will check on eBay. That's a great price! I've being going to MVS... Just like those guys. Thanks(two bears).

Yes $19.95 is a great price for a clone. $29.95 is an even better price for an authentic. I would like to try a Calix there are no clones and authentic costs 110 Euros around $150. For that price I can get 5 authentic Goblin Mini's or 7 Goblin Mini clones.

You're very welcome Dave.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Update to the Goblin Mini.

I had Jury summons today. As I was leaving the court house this afternoon. I took about 4 hits then NOTHING. I opened my mini when I got home and poured the juice into a shot glass. I tested the screws and the negative screw backed our. I tightened the screw; put my juice back in and it took off like a champ and the flavor was still out of this world.

I LOVE the mini just wish they had Allen screws. Those don't back out so bad.

Reactions: Vchick

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Is holding the tank down while unscrewing the top section and top filling an option?

The problem is when you unscrew the bottom or the top it comes apart into three pieces.

Base, tank and top with drip tip. I unscrewed it over a shot glass to catch all of my ejuice I could.

If you want a Goblin that is easier to fill think of the UD Goblin V2 and use a bell cap on the Goblin V2 base.

I almost did that but the V2 doesn't come with a plug to block off one side and use a single coil

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I got mine yesterday, so I see what you mean...I also like that plug because I prefer single coiling...I used to carry the small Kayfun screwdriver on my key chain back in the days, I guess I'll just revert to that again...

It's really nice this tank...the size is perfect.

The Goblin Mini has some issues.

Claustrophobic build deck

Unable to leave juice in your tank while working on the coil or wick. I usually unscrew over a shot glass to catch the juice.

The screws are tiny.

The screws sometimes backs out.

I wish there was a better way to fill than the screw on the bottom.

I don't like the pendulum airflow.

With that said it has several things going for it.

1. The flavor the flavor the flavor! The flavor is as good as many flavor chasing attys I have used.

2. The convenience of a tank

3. The tank is about 1 1/5 inch tall not counting the 510 pin and drip tip. Most tanks are 2-2 1/2 inches tall.

4. The choice for single or dual coils.

5. The tank holds 3 ml of juice and that isva decent amount. My first clearomiser was the CE4 and held 1.6 ml

I hope you love your Goblin Mini as much as I do mine. I will use mine until I strip the threads and won't hold my ejuice any more. I did get another Goblin Mini and I'd should be here in another three or four days.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I LOVE the mini just wish they had Allen screws. Those don't back out so bad.

I have the Goblin and I also did not like the phillips head screws. Not the mention the post screw issue when the Goblin first released. You can get set screws if you know the size. The Goblin took M2 set screws, I'm not sure if the mini has the same threads, but they are much easier to work with.

I ordered my screws from Metric set screws, Allen, Cup point, Stainless steel 18-8, 2mm x 0.4mm - Bolt Depot
(these are very small and needs a very small allen key that isn't very common)

Tempted to get the mini, I use my Goblin all the time and it's so easy to work with. The thing never fails on me.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have the Goblin and I also did not like the phillips head screws. Not the mention the post screw issue when the Goblin first released. You can get set screws if you know the size. The Goblin took M2 set screws, I'm not sure if the mini has the same threads, but they are much easier to work with.

I ordered my screws from Metric set screws, Allen, Cup point, Stainless steel 18-8, 2mm x 0.4mm - Bolt Depot
(these are very small and needs a very small allen key that isn't very common)

Tempted to get the mini, I use my Goblin all the time and it's so easy to work with. The thing never fails on me.

I LOVE MY Goblin Mini. It has several issues but just as many good things going for it.

I only pain $19.99 for my Goblin Mini clone on eBay. If you want an authentic eBay has them for $10 more

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just got mine! I'll do a kanthal build but I would love some pre-built ti coils;)

I hope you like the Goblin Mini as much as I love mine.

The screws are small the post holes are small and about the biggest coil you will get in there is 2.5 mm.

I wrap around the shaft of the little blue screwdriver 2 mm coils.

One of these days when I get the nerve and a decent length of Kojendo I am going to put a 10 wrap 26 gauge Chimney in there. ;-)

I think it will give me a .7-.8 ohm coil. I like sub ohming but not too low.

I like my builds to be able to Fire on my regulated mods that go to .3 ohms an in case of emergency work on the 1,300 mah X6 battery.

Having a very low battery and being out most of the day is no fun. The lowest I have been able to Fire on an X6. Is .55 ohms, and that was an old Kanger OCC HEAD that I had wicked a few times and the resistance had creeped up to .55-.57

BTW congrats on breaking the cancer sticks.

Reactions: mario23

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've had mine for a few weeks and I love how low profile it is. I toss it on my Kbox when I don't want the bulk of the xcube 2 or the sigelei 150. sucks juice down so refilling is a real big issue and one of the reasons I don't drive it all day.

I know and appreciate its flaws but the size and flavor is where it shines.

I just finished watching pbusardo's review of the Goliath V2.

Apparently UD realized there are a good number of people out here that prefer single coils instead if Duals that UD included a plug to block off one side of the Goliath V2 so you can rock that on a single coil the way I rock the Goblin Mini.

I wish UD had discovered that with the Zephyrus then I would have had everything I wanted in a tank. 5 ml juice. Top fill, and single coil

The Goliath V2 holds 4 ml

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I pulled the plug and ordered a clone from FT, but in the meantime I just won the real deal from HG, lets see which one shows up first...:pop:

Congrats on winning the authentic.

You should see my comparison of the Goblin Mini to the Kayfun Lite Plus with PolyCarbonate Bell cap that belongs to my friend Jim G.

I would also recommend that you watch PBussardo's review of the Goliath also made by UD. It came with a similar but larger plug to close one side of the deck.

I tell you; if UD's Goblin V2 came with a plug to close one side of the deck I would buy it in a second and put a bell cap on the Goblin V2 that would cure all of the problems with the mini except for the bottom fill and the tiny build deck.

Again congrats on winning the authentic.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
First build my wick was too long and blocked the channels. Second build I got it right but lost the screw. I better not lose the second one... Hate that little thing! Single coil kanthal build and the flavor is great but I have to the watts down around 20 to avoid any burn. That seems a bit low to me.

Sorry you lost the screw brother.

I am rocking 70/30 juice and wicking with organic cotton balls. Kojendo wicks much better than cotton balls because the cotton has been combed so all fibers are running the same direction

Another wicking material that has all the fibers running the same direction is Dacron

I have chain vaped my 70/30 juice at that wattage and never a dry hit.

I have my wick that is tense but will slide inside the coil. I have my wicks all the way down in the juice well peeking out from under the chimney.

I have had my Goblin Mini up to 32 watts. Not chain vaping tho. Just a hit or two testing the build and seeing how hot is too hot.

I agree with you completely the screws are too small. I wish they had built it as a single coil device with two posts. I think a single coil 3 mm in diameter would be fantastic.

Be patient and get to know the mini. I usually vape mine at 22-25 watts depending on the build.

Both of my mods Coolfire4 and Eleaf 40 TC are 40 watt devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread