Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Sometimes a high diketone juice will generate a cough reflex for me. Maybe coincidence, I don't know. But I noticed it.

There have been quite a number of threads where vapers were experiencing throat issues and they just happened to be vaping custards. The deniers claim it is just a coincidence, though...

Reactions: Moonbogg

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Did they? I didn't say that. It really seems there is a disconnect between what I write and what some believe I wrote...
You said this...
"It kills lung tissue until the patient gets a transplant or dies..."

So all those popcorn workers either got (or will get) lung transplants or died, even those only on the job for 1-2 years that were said to be impacted? I'm just calling you on what you clearly said. If you say something as a statement of fact, stand behind it, with linked evidence, don't weasel out of it. Or we will just assume you make stuff up as you go along.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Then don't breath the air. Or that doesn't count?
Radio Prague - Tackling the Czech Republic's poor air quality

Compared to where? Have you been to Rome, London, St. Petersburg, Paris, Berlin? The air is actually so bad in Rome and St. Petersburg I frequently lose my voice in either city the first day there. In Russia it is due to vehicles basically having no emission standards and scooters in Rome...
Nothing but fresh air in Prague...It's all about risk reduction...

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
You said this...

So all those popcorn workers either got (or will get) lung transplants or died, even those only on the job for 1-2 years that were said to be impacted? I'm just calling you on what you clearly said. If you say something as a statement of fact, stand behind it, with linked evidence, don't weasel out of it. Or we will just assume you make stuff up as you go along.

He said there is no such thing as a mild case of popcorn lung, and hes right. Popcorn lung is a full blown condition, from which there is no return. A milder form of the disease can look more like lung dysfunction. Listen to the podcast in the OP. Dr. F mentions this, however, you may not believe he is "qualified to comment" since he doesn't think vaping diketones is a great idea.

Reactions: stevegmu

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
There have been quite a number of threads where vapers were experiencing throat issues and they just happened to be vaping custards. The deniers claim it is just a coincidence, though...
We went through that before @stevegmu. When you claimed you talked to "dozens" of people experiencing issues with custards. And I searched your posting history for "custard" and found maybe one or two. And you then claimed the search was broken, and you did not have time to disprove my contention you were making stuff up as you go along...

Reactions: Pinggolfer

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You said this...

They all had popcorn lung? I don't think they did...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
He said there is no such thing as a mild case of popcorn lung, and hes right. Popcorn lung is a full blown condition, from which there is no return. A milder form of the disease can look more like lung dysfunction. Listen to the podcast in the OP. Dr. F mentions this, however, you may not believe he is "qualified to comment" since he doesn't think vaping diketones is a great idea.

But they just call him a fear mongerer and ANTS...

Reactions: Moonbogg

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
That is counter to the gov't reports I read, which are commonly linked. Where the reports suggested "some lung degradation" or some such thing. Not death and dying and lung transplants for all workers (at highest risk popcorn mixers) on the job over one year. If you have links to reports suggesting all those cases were fatal or requiring lung transplants, I'd like to see it. I'm all for reviewing the facts of the matter.

If you are right, then millions of vapers are surely impacted with BO and will be dying or receiving their new lungs in short order? If there is no such thing as "a touch of BO" then surely that is correct? So many logical disconnects in this argument...

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
That is counter to the gov't reports I read, which are commonly linked. Where the reports suggested "some lung degradation" or some such thing. Not death and dying and lung transplants for all workers (at highest risk popcorn mixers) on the job over one year. If you have links to reports suggesting all those cases were fatal or requiring lung transplants, I'd like to see it. I'm all for reviewing the facts of the matter.

If you are right, then millions of vapers are surely impacted with BO and will be dying or receiving their new lungs in short order? If there is no such thing as "a touch of BO" then surely that is correct? So many logical disconnects in this argument...

No, there has been a misunderstanding here. I didn't ever suggest this. Most cases are people with lung dysfunction of some degree, with much less people suffering actual full blown popcorn lung disease. With the full blown condition, some of those people died and the rest needed lung transplants or they were just stuck like that. Very sad.

Reactions: stevegmu

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Compared to where? Have you been to Rome, London, St. Petersburg, Paris, Berlin? The air is actually so bad in Rome and St. Petersburg I frequently lose my voice in either city the first day there. In Russia it is due to vehicles basically having no emission standards and scooters in Rome...
Nothing but fresh air in Prague...It's all about risk reduction...

No haven't been to Europe and have no plans on going their. Been to southeast asia though.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
No haven't been to Europe and have no plans on going their. Been to southeast asia though.

I didn't think so. Some here even think Prague is in Germany...You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been to Prague who says the air is bad, except the tourists who complain about smoking in restaurants and pubs...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I didn't think so. Some here even think Prague is in Germany...You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has been to Prague who says the air is bad, except the tourists who complain about smoking in restaurants and pubs...

I'm well aware where Prague is, although it was in Germany and Russia at one time. Second hand smoke is worse than vaping. You shouldn't expose yourself to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread