Vaporshark DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
I like the blankness, overall design and build quality, what I don't like is how easily the coating chips and nice black chromed buttons that don't stay that way if you actually use it.

Even if it is improved and will hold up, I am not a fan of the need for LiPo's, that alone will keep me from getting this one. Would much rather see a 100 watt dual 18650 dna.
The dna200 does 133 watts in a dual 18650 configuration ;):grr:

Hmm, I can't delete the angry face

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I like the blankness, overall design and build quality, what I don't like is how easily the coating chips and nice black chromed buttons that don't stay that way if you actually use it. Even if it is improved and will hold up, I am not a fan of the need for LiPo's, that alone will keep me from getting this one. Would much rather see a 100 watt dual 18650 dna.

Yes, I can see that. At first, I was a little bit dissapointed with the paint chipping on the current VS's I own -- but now just look at it as "adding character" :) I have put a "Camo" sleeve on my 40 which helps protect it -- just a mess if you happen to get major leaking. I have no idea if the Nano coating on the 200 will be any better, but I will probably get it when I order in Sept.

As for dual 18650 -- I thought the same which is what drove me to get a Snow Wolf 200. Problem is the size and weight. And yes, SW isn't the best example of this since it is a very hefty mod. But for me, I work primarily from home and have easy access to chargers all day long. So, having the lipo is fine, but if it was my ONLY device I vaped on, I would probably get annoyed with having to charge it every few hours.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
DNA 200 – WE’RE SHIPPING!

The first batch of DNA 200's are finally complete and shipping has begun. We know a lot of you took advantage of our pre-order and are eager to get your hands on your new device. However, keep in mind that though we do our absolute best, we can only process so many orders on a daily basis.

If you placed your preorder in the first few days, you can expect a tracking number within the next 10 business days. If you placed your order recently, you are realistically looking at 2 to 3 weeks.

Our shipping and customer service teams are hard at work to ensure that your orders are carefully processed in the order they were received. If you wish to cancel your order due to the processing time, you can do so by contacting support@vaporshark.com. Our team will promptly cancel and refund your order….BUT, we know this device is well worth the wait; you'll see for yourself when you hold it in your hands for the first time.

SUPPORT STAFF

We do realize that what we need to do is get these devices in your hands! That being said, many of you have been calling and emailing our support team to know when you will be receiving your orders. In fact, we are currently receiving an average of 500 phone calls and 300 emails per day; we do want to let you know that this volume is untypical and far exceeds our standard capacity. Whereas we typically respond to emails in under 24 hours, we are currently running an average of anywhere between 48-72 hours. However, in efforts to help future proof and strengthen our support staff to be able to better serve you, we have taken on several new staff members whom are currently being trained.

We ask that you bear with us during these extremely high call and email volumes. We’re doing our best to get back to each and every inquiry in the timeliest manner possible.

TROPICAL STORM / HURRICANE ERIKA

In addition to the above, we are expecting severe weather with the arrival of Tropical Storm Erika. Current projections show Tropical Storm Erika developing to a Category 1 Hurricane by Monday morning. If current projections persist and Erika makes landfall by Monday morning, our offices will be closed. If all fares well and power is restored by Tuesday we will re-open for business as usual. While we don’t anticipate that Erika will cause shipping delays, please note that we cannot be certain until the storm has passed and we are able to assess any damages that may occur. Thanks for your understanding; if there’s anything that’s out of our hands, it’s the weather!

Thank You,

Vapor Shark

Just hit my email today.

Reactions: alistairs

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California

Just got mine. Have yet to fire it as I'm downloading escribe. Zip charging is super fast. It came with 89% and it charged up to 100% in no time using my Samsung charger and cable rated at 2A. One thing I noticed is that the LED while charging is pretty dim red.

Edit. The brightness can be changed on escribe. Who knew......

Last edited:

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just hit my email today.

I got the same email, and I don't know about anyone else, but I appreciated it.

The only shame is that it works into a reaction from angry customers that would not had been as impatient had they posted something like this to begin with. Be honest, give us an update, we won't need to call or email because we now know what's going on, and more people will understand than you think. I hope this serves as a lesson to do up front next time they release a device, but in the meantime this update makes things right by me as long as it is just a couple weeks tops and not dragged beyond a reasonable timeframe.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just got mine. Have yet to fire it as I'm downloading escribe. Zip charging is super fast. It came with 89% and it charged up to 100% in no time using my Samsung charger and cable rated at 2A. One thing I noticed is that the LED while charging is pretty dim red.

Edit. The brightness can be changed on escribe. Who knew......

Envyyyyyyyy.......

Pleeeeease post more about it. Let me live vicariously through you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread