d3900e34ecf883dfa30d19fb31199ab6.jpg
9dd572367b18502a3f2be4bc262161a9.jpg

via: Tappy Talk

Very pretty, Knotty5. Lovely in fact.

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
I see some familiar and trusted names/faces in this thread, so I'm thinking the Kabuki is worth a shot. I have the original Z2 carto tank and I just ordered the upgrade kit for it. Has anyone used that combo and can compare it to the Kabuki? I haven't read through this whole thread yet, so I'm not sure if that has been asked, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. Also to those familiar faces from the BB threads, how does this compare to say the BB with a Bridge and the Aspire BVC coils?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I see some familiar and trusted names/faces in this thread, so I'm thinking the Kabuki is worth a shot. I have the original Z2 carto tank and I just ordered the upgrade kit for it. Has anyone used that combo and can compare it to the Kabuki? I haven't read through this whole thread yet, so I'm not sure if that has been asked, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. Also to those familiar faces from the BB threads, how does this compare to say the BB with a Bridge and the Aspire BVC coils?

Hey skot - nice to see you.

Very tough question for me to answer (with much value). I love them both, but they are different. There's something about the BB/Bridge/BVC combo that creates a uniquely perfect vape for me, so I'm always hesitant to compare anything to the BB. It's quite possibly related to the design of the BB, and the delrin tank. I can't explain it, but I'm quite appreciative of it.

That being said, the Kabuki has become my favorite (non BB) tank, for performance and flavor. It hasn't retired my standard Nauti's, and probably won't (due to the size), but it's definitely a discernible cut above (for me).

Which is better? I truly don't know. Besides, that's such a personal issue that who can ever make such a statement with any actual confidence? But I'm comfortable saying that if you like the Bridge/BVC, there's a good chance that you'll like the Kabuki too. Flavor wise, they're very similar (again, for me).

For whatever this may have been worth, and I hope you're well.

DP~

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I do in fact have a Country Boy Kabuki...

Capacity-small
Filling Method-messy
Flavor-Out of This World!!!

Had I the opportunity to do it all again, I would have bought the Kabuki first.

And while I do not own one yet, my money says it will Rock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Somebody has the Z2 conversion.

Was it Astro? Can't remember. They will no doubt be along.

I can't even use the Nauti tanks anymore.

The Kabuki is that much better imo.

Proving, once again, that each must taste their own...

So to speak.

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Hey skot - nice to see you.

Very tough question for me to answer (with much value). I love them both, but they are different. There's something about the BB/Bridge/BVC combo that creates a uniquely perfect vape for me, so I'm always hesitant to compare anything to the BB. It's quite possibly related to the design of the BB, and the delrin tank. I can't explain it, but I'm quite appreciative of it.

That being said, the Kabuki has become my favorite (non BB) tank, for performance and flavor. It hasn't retired my standard Nauti's, and probably won't (due to the size), but it's definitely a discernible cut above (for me).

Which is better? I truly don't know. Besides, that's such a personal issue that who can ever make such a statement with any actual confidence? But I'm comfortable saying that if you like the Bridge/BVC, there's a good chance that you'll like the Kabuki too. Flavor wise, they're very similar (again, for me).

For whatever this may have been worth, and I hope you're well.

DP~
I'm doing very well, thanks for asking! I hope you're doing well, too!
Thanks for the reply! I think I will give the Z2 conversion a test-drive, but I don't doubt it will be a messy test-drive as AstroTurf mentioned, because filling the Z2 with the cartos is a messy venture, even with the tipping upside down, etc. I will probably also buy the Kabuki because I am as much a fan of Zen's stuff as I am of all things BilletBox due to the craftsmanship and plain coolness of design as well as the functionality, plus I'm a gadget fiend.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I'm doing very well, thanks for asking! I hope you're doing well, too!
Thanks for the reply! I think I will give the Z2 conversion a test-drive, but I don't doubt it will be a messy test-drive as AstroTurf mentioned, because filling the Z2 with the cartos is a messy venture, even with the tipping upside down, etc. I will probably also buy the Kabuki because I am as much a fan of Zen's stuff as I am of all things BilletBox due to the craftsmanship and plain coolness of design as well as the functionality, plus I'm a gadget fiend.
He (ZEN) was most certainly onto something when he introduced the Naughty Coil Kit...

I am excited to see what he comes up with next?!?

The Zen Neo perhaps?

Time will tell.

Jim

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
He (ZEN) was most certainly onto something when he introduced the Naughty Coil Kit...

I am excited to see what he comes up with next?!?

The Zen Neo perhaps?

Time will tell.

Jim
I wouldn't mind seeing something using premade sub ohm coils as I'm not much of a fan of wrapping my own, but whatever he does next will surely be awesome!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Ok, I like the Kabuki although that drip tip had to go! I'm getting the P3 Kabuki "paper gap" but I don't care. In fact, I am seriously contemplating ordering another one with a SS replacement tank for mobility. More research has to be done but so far, 4 hours of vaping and I still have 1/4 tank. I always carry 5-10ml of extra juice anyways.

Anyone know off hand the size of the Allen Wrench? I kind of want to carry one with me but leave the original at home but I guess if I get another one (Kabuki), it's a moot point...

Reactions: Katdarling

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I have been a Zcarto user for awhile and have used the up-grade kit since it has been out.

IMHO....The Kabuki wins in the flavor department but is a slight hassle to fill with the unscrewing from device then the base....
My upgrade kit gives the best flavor at 1/2 full until empty but has no adjustable air flow. I am DIYer 90% of the time and most of my recipes are high PG (70/30) to bring the flavor out more. I have noticed with the Kabuki my juices have stronger flavor and I pick up the peppery nicotine taste as compared to the up-grade kit. I adjusted to 60/40 and its been awesome vape.

The Z2carto+upgrade will always be in the rotation because you can get a good vape anyway you use it.... rebuildable carto, regular punched carto, or BVC and its got a lifetime warranty. Kabuki has the best flavor of any plug and play tanks I have tried. I cant comment about RTAs because I haven't tried them....Just dont have the time to work on builds :(

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I have been a Zcarto user for awhile and have used the up-grade kit since it has been out.

IMHO....The Kabuki wins in the flavor department but is a slight hassle to fill with the unscrewing from device then the base....
My upgrade kit gives the best flavor at 1/2 full until empty but has no adjustable air flow. I am DIYer 90% of the time and most of my recipes are high PG (70/30) to bring the flavor out more. I have noticed with the Kabuki my juices have stronger flavor and I pick up the peppery nicotine taste as compared to the up-grade kit. I adjusted to 60/40 and its been awesome vape.

The Z2carto+upgrade will always be in the rotation because you can get a good vape anyway you use it.... rebuildable carto, regular punched carto, or BVC and its got a lifetime warranty. Kabuki has the best flavor of any plug and play tanks I have tried. I cant comment about RTAs because I haven't tried them....Just dont have the time to work on builds :(
Actually, ENAUD taught me this trick, you don't have to unscrew the base from the P3 when refilling. Just unscrew the base and P3 from tank as one unit keeping the base attached to P3.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Btw, took me 6 hours of chain vaping like a fiend to go through a Kabuki tank. Getting another with SS replacement from ProVape. I posted more of my reasoning in the Saloon and am already in danger of double posting... Basically boils down to P3 threading sturdiness when dropped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread