Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Poop. No luck with disassembly. I got the coil broken down to its base components, and it seems the chassis IS in fact a single chunk of metal. No sleeve anymore. See the attached pics. The hole at the base is big enough to shove a tightly wicked coil through, though. Makes sense... this is how they have to be done at the factory with this design. Like I said before, it's still quite easy to rebuild at first glance. All that needs to be done is to remove the base pin and grommet, pull out the coil and wick, and to shove in the wicked and wrapped new coil, making sure to wrap it slightly too tightly so it'll fit through the base hole and then expand to fill the housing. Don't need to worry about losing the top silicone seal or white o ring anymore... just the grommet. You WILL need to install the coil twice however... once for dry burn testing and resistance reading and once with the wick wrapped around it for final installation. On a positive note, no tools are needed to break it down. I pulled the pin and grommet out with my fingernails and the coil and wick with my bare fingers. Nice and clean.

As I said, the recoil and rebuild is a project for a later date, though.

682015162228.jpg 68201516234.jpg 682015162343.jpg 682015162421.jpg

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I was actually pleasantly surprised how easily the coil came out. As usual, my fingernails did the trick with the grommet and pin. Then, for giggles I pulled on the leads with my bare fingers (no implements of destruction handy at the time) and the whole coil popped right out with pretty much zero effort and the wick completely unwrapped and came out with it, trailing right behind. Didn't leave a single speck of cotton in the housing. One quick rinse, and it was ready to go. Very nice.

Reactions: GranFumador

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Yes, I did. If the picture shows a cotton coil then I still have the older silicone ones. :)
Yep. This is the new cotton coil with a single, vertical coil. The older ones have a dual, horizontal coil solution with silica wicks (much smaller coils, too) and a cotton pad wrapped around the chamber that doesn't exist in the new coil housing anymore.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Yep. This is the new cotton coil with a single, vertical coil. The older ones have a dual, horizontal coil solution with silica wicks (much smaller coils, too) and a cotton pad wrapped around the chamber that doesn't exist in the new coil housing anymore.
Aha, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see if I ever get any of the new ones. :)

Reactions: Cheechako

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
So, if you're an existing Totally Wicked customer, they just added a $7.50 credit to all customer accounts that must be redeemed by September 1st. With the 25% off SUMMER25 coupon and the $7.50 credit, this makes the Curve 2 Mini kit $25.48, shipped. That's cheaper than you can find the battery by itself in most places. Look at my previous post for the cheapest link to the new coils that I can find...

Just the CS Air Micro (normally $13.99) comes out to $5.98, shipped with the code and the credit...

More info here:
Summer giveaway!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Cloudman - thanks for your great review, like your style!
You sold me on the Curve Kit from Totally Wicked.
Just put my order in. Saved about $10 - $15 w/the kit.
Now I just need to order the coils(& the larger version of this tank) from
Sweet Vapes.
Hope you do some more reviews!
I'm actually posting a new video review in the next few days. Once it's up, I'll reply to your post again with the link so you can see it.

Reactions: wilburdee

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Thanks for posting this thread cloudmann.
I've been eyeing alternative tanks to use with my eGo ONE batteries, just for a change of pace.
After seeing the fit in your pictures and reading your reviews, I ordered the MS and a pack of the organic cotton coils.
Can't wait to try it on my eGo ONE batteries.
I's like to give a thumbs up to sweet vapes too, excellent customer service, great selection and fast shipping :)

PS: I saw your post about your job and God Bless you for the work you do.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Thanks for posting this thread cloudmann.
I've been eyeing alternative tanks to use with my eGo ONE batteries, just for a change of pace.
After seeing the fit in your pictures and reading your reviews, I ordered the MS and a pack of the organic cotton coils.
Can't wait to try it on my eGo ONE batteries.
I's like to give a thumbs up to sweet vapes too, excellent customer service, great selection and fast shipping :)

PS: I saw your post about your job and God Bless you for the work you do.
Thanks... tough job the last couple of months...

The Ego One works pretty well with the M and MS tanks, especially with the 1.2 ohm coils... you'll get about 14.5 watts with them.

Yep, SV is a great vendor. Nothing but good things to say about them, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread