Not open for further replies.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
Love the stickers.

I got Guava Lava (guava w/lemongrass), Sugar .... (butterscotch custard), and two Miss Samoa. I tried the Somoa and it's excellent. You hear juice tastes exactly like what it's modeled after all the time, I never say this but in the case of Miss Somoa...it's like a girlscout just dropped off a fresh batch of cookies. Has a nice sweet chocolate with coconut inhale and a wonderful cookie exhale.

I can tell by the smell I will really like the other two as well. Definitely high quality juice.

I need some titanium wire so I can build the Zephyrus, probably order some later tonight. I'm not a fan of the thought of nickel wire but I may drop in to a local shop and see if I can get a small amount.
I'm glad you got your surprise ... Sounds fantastic .....and the juices sound great too!!

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
What worries me now is I'm super frugal with my juice purchases and these juices are on the high side of the dollar scale, I'm worried my vape budget is going to need an increase :)
In the long run it pays to buy quality shoes.;)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Can I double (or halve) the coefficient and use dual ti coils?

I'm a TC newb.
I don't think the coefficient works like that. If you're using dual ti coils, the coefficient would still be the same, it is just the resistance of the two coil combined is half of the resistance of each coil (assuming the two coils are the same resistance).

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Got home from work to have the most awesome package awaiting me :)

lc151kB.jpg

UsUecQ5.jpg

The juices all smell sublime, have to clean a dripper to try them. Awesome packaging and choice of flavors.

The Reliant is smaller than I thought, well manufactured and the fit and finish is flawless. Can't ask more from a device...Temperature control, mechanical mode, 60 watts in 0.1 watt increments on a single 18650, built in charging, large clear display, perfect fire button. I must find some titanium wire immediately so I can get in on the TC revolution and see what all the hubbub is about.

I can't thank you enough a_rey88 and Apollo, this saved my week and certainly made my month. I am ecstatic and humbled by the prizes. Anyone on the fence about the Reliant, I think it's definitely worth the asking price. I felt it was on the expensive side but after holding and using the device, it is worth it in my opinion.

Thanks again to everyone who congratulated me and good luck to all the contestants, and have a great weekend.

*edit*
Cool Fire IV included for size comparison.
Congratulations, that is an awesome prize pack!! I hope you can round up some wire soon so you can report back on your TC experience. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
YAY for a smart senator!! I'm with you on the "flashlight parts" thought...I just hate to think of it going to that extreme BUT if that's what it takes then so be it lol...Ive got friends in Cali who are looking to me for help making the change away from smoking and if I have to send things in covert ways then that's what Ill do to help save their lives!!
I just don't see how they can regulate it that harshly. It makes me SO MAD because it really is all about the almighty dollar. It's just not right. Vaping saves lives!!!! I'm with you. I will not stop vaping if it comes to that here in Washington. I will just order more sneakily. :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US

lc151kB.jpg

UsUecQ5.jpg

The juices all smell sublime, have to clean a dripper to try them. Awesome packaging and choice of flavors.

The Reliant is smaller than I thought, well manufactured and the fit and finish is flawless. Can't ask more from a device...Temperature control, mechanical mode, 60 watts in 0.1 watt increments on a single 18650, built in charging, large clear display, perfect fire button. I must find some titanium wire immediately so I can get in on the TC revolution and see what all the hubbub is about.

I can't thank you enough a_rey88 and Apollo, this saved my week and certainly made my month. I am ecstatic and humbled by the prizes. Anyone on the fence about the Reliant, I think it's definitely worth the asking price. I felt it was on the expensive side but after holding and using the device, it is worth it in my opinion.

Thanks again to everyone who congratulated me and good luck to all the contestants, and have a great weekend.

*edit*
Congrats! Great vape mail you got! I am happy you won!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Fyi, I'm running the tcr setting at 40 for Ti on the reliant, seems to be about right for the ti wire I'm using (different manufacturers wire may have different tcr's, but that gives you a good starting point)

If you want to dial it in just right, adjust it till your dry cotton just starts to singe at 420 degrees.... That number will be your true tcr setting for that wire
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
@USMCotaku Did you ever ask if the Reliant is firmware upgradeable?

Doesn't matter since it has adjustable coefficient and is bug free from what I see, just curious.
Nope, I have no clue :p
But yeah, little need for it..... I don't do over 60 watts on a single 18650..... And I can already use any wire I wish :p

Reactions: cooladdict

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
It's a great choice for a first tc mod.....a little more stable then some of the other mods that require a certain level of tc understanding to get to work smoothly.....i started with an evic....nice mod but steep learning curve

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Agreed, just a curiosity. I could plug it in to a PC and see I suppose but I wont :)

The screen is wonderful, so big and bright when comparing it to the CF4.

It's a great choice for a first tc mod.....a little more stable then some of the other mods that require a certain level of tc understanding to get to work smoothly.....i started with an evic....nice mod but steep learning curve

The more I read the more I want one lol

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast

It seems like it locks the ohms when you put the atomizer on? On the CF4 the ohms drift a bit each time I fire but on the Reliant it stays the same no matter how long I use it, it's a good thing for TC but is is good for Kanthal builds? Seems like it would make the power output inaccurate, it could be my build is just that stable but I don't think it is.

*edit*
It was a fluke, I see now the ohms are drifting in real time as it fires.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida

lc151kB.jpg

UsUecQ5.jpg

*edit*

Awesome prize, f1vefour! It is hard to beat an Apollo surprise-prize, that we know for sure!

Thanks for including the Cool Fire IV next to the Reliant...I always have trouble guessing sizes and that side-by-side comparison is perfect. I'm giving the Reliant strong consideration with all of the great reviews! Enjoy your new mod and great juices...Samoa is my fav!

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I just don't see how they can regulate it that harshly. It makes me SO MAD because it really is all about the almighty dollar. It's just not right. Vaping saves lives!!!! I'm with you. I will not stop vaping if it comes to that here in Washington. I will just order more sneakily. :)

Yup! That is what I would do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread