Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
afaik they dont include them, not in single and not in the kit. have 2 kits and 1 single.. no spares. Maybe they changed that? Someone said they add them to the full kit but I don't believe that until I see it.
I wonder if they are in the new black ones, I'll let you know :thumb:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I been having my TFV4 since Monday and I love it. It does guzzle the juice but since I do DIY most of the time, thats not a problem for me. The only issue I have with it is the top cap comes open on its own a few times. Guess I will have to use the Smok ring that came with it to stop that problem.
So far I only used the tri coil that came in it and my sweet spot for it is 80 - 90 watts. I tried it up to 150 and its too hot for my preference. I bought the full kit so still have the quad coil and the RBA coil untouched. I dont mind building coils but the way I am thinking is people are getting long life from these prebuilt coils of up to a month. For the price of coils, $5 for a months usage is cheaper than I can make them. The wire and wick is only pennies but my time is worth something to me and I doubt if I will get the same performance and flavor form a single or dual coil as I am getting from the tri coil and hopefully the quad coil so I am going to just pick up a few packs of coils and spare orings.
What is amazing to me is I am getting better flavor from the TVF4 than my velocity or Mutation or any of my RDA's and I dont have the hassle of dripping. I can vape a tank of Mothers Milk and switch to a Vanilla Custard and within a hit or two the flavor is spot on. I can run the tank bone dry and not get a nasty throat burning dry hit either. Smok really raised the bar with this one.
The only serious downsides I see to this is it does get really hot, the top swings open and I am vaping a lot more juice and starting to cough more. Think I am going to order another one :D (and more batteries, it eats them!)

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I been having my TFV4 since Monday and I love it. It does guzzle the juice but since I do DIY most of the time, thats not a problem for me. The only issue I have with it is the top cap comes open on its own a few times. Guess I will have to use the Smok ring that came with it to stop that problem.
So far I only used the tri coil that came in it and my sweet spot for it is 80 - 90 watts. I tried it up to 150 and its too hot for my preference. I bought the full kit so still have the quad coil and the RBA coil untouched. I dont mind building coils but the way I am thinking is people are getting long life from these prebuilt coils of up to a month. For the price of coils, $5 for a months usage is cheaper than I can make them. The wire and wick is only pennies but my time is worth something to me and I doubt if I will get the same performance and flavor form a single or dual coil as I am getting from the tri coil and hopefully the quad coil so I am going to just pick up a few packs of coils and spare orings.
What is amazing to me is I am getting better flavor from the TVF4 than my velocity or Mutation or any of my RDA's and I dont have the hassle of dripping. I can vape a tank of Mothers Milk and switch to a Vanilla Custard and within a hit or two the flavor is spot on. I can run the tank bone dry and not get a nasty throat burning dry hit either. Smok really raised the bar with this one.
The only serious downsides I see to this is it does get really hot, the top swings open and I am vaping a lot more juice and starting to cough more. Think I am going to order another one :D (and more batteries, it eats them!)

Amazing tank, try a Uwell Crown with a .25 ohm coil and of course a SMOK quad. You can get the .25 kit on Ebay with tank for $30 shipped.

These tanks IMO are THE best out there these days and I have had several drippers admit flavor is as good as anything they use. The only downsides are they use a lot of juice and needs some power.

Congrats

Last edited:

Night_mirror

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2015
Richmond, VA
Couple of questions for you TFV4 owners.

Did yours come with a top o ring? Mine did not but I'm not having any issues with it including leaking but I feel like it needs to have an o ring on the top so I ordered some. The ones that I ordered are clearly the same as what I have on my base but because I never saw a top seal I don't know what that one looks like.

Has anyone had to replace their top o ring yet and is it the same o ring that is on the base? I'm having difficulty getting the o rings that I have in positon on the top cap.

If anyone has any experience with this and can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Couple of questions for you TFV4 owners.

Did yours come with a top o ring? Mine did not but I'm not having any issues with it including leaking but I feel like it needs to have an o ring on the top so I ordered some. The ones that I ordered are clearly the same as what I have on my base but because I never saw a top seal I don't know what that one looks like.

Has anyone had to replace their top o ring yet and is it the same o ring that is on the base? I'm having difficulty getting the o rings that I have in positon on the top cap.

If anyone has any experience with this and can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

No top o-ring, just bottom. That is the one that can melt. If there was a "top" o ring it would be the little one on the Chimney and those are not sold yet (though they should be).

Your not crazy, everything's good :)

WP_20150829_002.jpg

TOP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Night_mirror

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
just sharing the love, man - someone else gave me a heads up on em, lol - have 3 pair of em due in the mail today :)

and just broke down and ordered the black tfv4 kit through fasttech (not in a hurry for it, obviously, but still wanted it - and for $32 for the kit, hard to pass up)

As much as I hate Fasttech with a passion, cant beat their price of $22 for the black one. I dont need the kit, already have one of those. Im surprised the dont have the quad or tri coil packs. Plenty on Ni and Ti but no quad or Tri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread