• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene lim

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2015
alright man, I've just used my phone charger and everything seems fine. I've also tried to change to the rba thing, but there seems to be some popping sound whenever I fire it up. and the tip gets a little hot.
It could be the coil is sitting too high. Lower the coil to the juice hole level. And thicken the wick around the coils. Makw sure that the cotton don't touch the post.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
I see... I'd probably. Need to consider low nic too. I'm setting up mech mod with 0.7ohm getting about 19.5w. Is that going to be ok with 8mg and 12mg for me?
you'll need to find your own preferred nic level. When i started, i tried 12mg. then dropped to 6mg. now i'm at 3mg. 6mg and above seems too rough for me now.

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
sorry but which is the coil ?

Did you get the Subox Mini starter kit? Open up the Subtank Mini that came with it, did you see a spring-like thing? That's the coil.

O5KBU7F.jpg

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
is it possible that my cotton I didn't set it properly ? hence the popping sound. I've just changed to the rba provided with the subox kit.

its usually the wicking aka cotton contributing to the popping which also contributes some spitback. I usually don't push the coil downwards with with the legs tied to the deck at the bottom, 3mm diameter works for me. With 3mm coils I use about 5mm width of cotton together with cutting the cotton at the edge of the deck(one above the rubber seal) then just push the cover in(the newer version subtank rba+), cotton should just barely touch the deck at the bottom itself.

After about 3-5 rebuilds you should be able to do it instinctively as I moved on to learning to build on the aspire triton and achieving relatively same good results over and over on the subtank mini. (am also trying to do a vertical nickel on subtank at the moment as well but its slightly tough to wrap the cotton on)

Aeriumm

Aug 26, 2015
its usually the wicking aka cotton contributing to the popping which also contributes some spitback. I usually don't push the coil downwards with with the legs tied to the deck at the bottom, 3mm diameter works for me. With 3mm coils I use about 5mm width of cotton together with cutting the cotton at the edge of the deck(one above the rubber seal) then just push the cover in(the newer version subtank rba+), cotton should just barely touch the deck at the bottom itself.

After about 3-5 rebuilds you should be able to do it instinctively as I moved on to learning to build on the aspire triton and achieving relatively same good results over and over on the subtank mini. (am also trying to do a vertical nickel on subtank at the moment as well but its slightly tough to wrap the cotton on)
I guess I should rewick mine. cause the heat when I fire up is kind of scorching my lips.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
I guess I should rewick mine. cause the heat when I fire up is kind of scorching my lips.

if you're on stainless steel version of the subtank mini the drip tip will definitely get hot, other colours like black and white are coated so slightly less hot as compared. Like what others would have mentioned in other threads (use search) get a delrin/PMMA driptip (basically plastic) to eliminate that problem.

Aeriumm

Aug 26, 2015
if you're on stainless steel version of the subtank mini the drip tip will definitely get hot, other colours like black and white are coated so slightly less hot as compared. Like what others would have mentioned in other threads (use search) get a delrin/PMMA driptip (basically plastic) to eliminate that problem.
mines the white version, and I've also changed my wick alread to a slightly thicker one. still some popping sound but not spitting already.

lavenderz

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
mines the white version, and I've also changed my wick alread to a slightly thicker one. still some popping sound but not spitting already.
I'm also using the white one. Try going thicker somemore and remember the thickness you used. I had the same issue as u before. Once u get the thickness right the popping sound should go off.

tribalistic

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Wonderland
Hi All. Joined ECF a long time ago as I was just plainly getting tips and tricks. Been a smoker all my life but got introduced to vaping in the late 2000 and since then been trying to vape as much to stay off the cigarette. Unfortunately, "locally" it is hard to get supplies and my pv is already breaking down due to old age lol. I am amazed how much pvs changed nowadays and hopefully to pick it up again if some kind soul would be able to guide the new bird here :)

Once again, HOLA to fellow SG Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread